Found Deceased OR - Meighan Cordie, 27, Yamhill County, 18 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her death is horrible enough but to learn she was murdered. Wow

Law Enforcement has not stated (at this time) that the death is suspicious. Blunt force trauma can happen outside of murder, a fall with a blow to the head on a rock could be just as likely.
Something is not adding up here. If my child left the vehicle I would not leave the area and I would have called 911 immediately. My gut is telling me something is very fishy here.
She could have very well been hit by a car. However, I can’t get over the fact that she was reported missing the next day??????
I'm a Mom if my daughter fled a vehicle, likely impaired, I'd be calling the cops right away. I'm thinking the mother was also, perhaps, lesser impaired, but didn't want police to show up at the scene. There's more I think but will not say. . . .

LE has been tight lipped re info
Yes, that's for sure. We know the cause of death (blunt force trauma), but not the manner of death (accident, murder, etc.).

My fingers are crossed that the lack of info means accidental death - otherwise, wouldn't there be some call for tips? If they think someone actually harmed her purposefully, wouldn't there a request like "If you saw someone on the road, can you please call." ??

jmopinion

Yes, that's for sure. We know the cause of death (blunt force trauma), but not the manner of death (accident, murder, etc.).

My fingers are crossed that the lack of info means accidental death - otherwise, wouldn't there be some call for tips? If they think someone actually harmed her purposefully, wouldn't there a request like "If you saw someone on the road, can you please call." ??

jmopinion

I think she met up with danger. A lot of events were going on to finish up summer time and ppl driving in the area

Investigators with the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office have kept details of the case close to the vest.

In a media release the agency wrote, “This case is ongoing and in its early stages. Details that could compromise the investigation will not be released at this time. Additional information will be provided in the form of a media release when appropriate.”

Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office at 503-434-7506

Search for clues continues in disappearance, death of Meighan Cordie

I just cannot see her walking 8+ miles in the dark, BAREFOOT.

any more news on this?

More than likely she was intoxicated.
It’s possible she was hit by a car. Take a look at where she was found. That curve at night is dangerous

Attachments

• EF53AB5D-08A2-4DC9-9115-7BC70EBFC830.jpeg
    EF53AB5D-08A2-4DC9-9115-7BC70EBFC830.jpeg
    490.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 9B5F963F-5FCD-4D3C-B531-A7D23BA74344.jpeg
    9B5F963F-5FCD-4D3C-B531-A7D23BA74344.jpeg
    592.1 KB · Views: 96
Man who found Meighan Cordie: It 'didn't look right

DAYTON, Ore. (KOIN) -- Immediately, David Collins could tell something was wrong.

On Thursday, while driving near Hwy 18 in Yamhill County, Collins spotted some joggers on the side of the road. They looked panicked and confused, he said.

"That's why I stopped," Collins said. "Something didn't look right."

His intuition proved right. The women told Collins that there was a woman down an embankment. When he went down to check, he found the woman, later identified as 27-year-old Meighan Cordie, had already died.

The embankment where Collins found Cordie's body was 8-10 miles from where Cordie's mother said her daughter got out of the car. Cordie left her shoes and phone in the car.

She was last seen around 10:30 p.m. at the intersection of Upper Island Road and Grand Island Road, which is where they stopped their car. It's unclear what Cordie and her mom were fighting about or what her mom did after she got out.

How Cordie got from her mother's car to the embankment near Hwy 18 is something investigators -- as well as family and friends -- are still trying to piece together.

Man who found Meighan Cordie: It 'didn't look right'

Anything more on this case? He the mom made an attempt to better explain /clear herself? If i was her mom and was innocent, I’d be screaming it from the rooftops not wanting people to think I killed my daughter. The only explanation could be something like Meighan was bipolar etc and did this often and was impossible to find once she ran off in the dark. But even then the mom should have called the police. Or is she was afraid to call police because she was drinking and driving then she should have called the father or male friends to search for her. You don’t just go home and go to bed!

The police being tight lipped leads me to believe she was murdered. If it was an accident, they would have said “no foul play expected at this time”

Right?

Last edited:
Anything more on this case? He the mom made an attempt to better explain /clear herself? If i was her mom and was innocent, I’d be screaming it from the rooftops not wanting people to think I killed my daughter. The only explanation could be something like Meighan was bipolar etc and did this often and was impossible to find once she ran off in the dark. But even then the mom should have called the police. Or is she was afraid to call police because she was drinking and driving then she should have called the father or male friends to search for her. You don’t just go home and go to bed!

The police being tight lipped leads me to believe she was murdered. If it was an accident, they would have said “no foul play expected at this time”

Right?

If the reports are correct, which nobody seems to be disputing them, I'm not sure there is much for her to clarify. She might just be lawyering up.

Bizarre. Why would you drive away when your drunk adult daughter got out of the car without her phone? She couldn't call anyone else for a ride. That can't be the whole story.
The only explanation I can think of is the daughter said she was going back to the wedding - maybe to get a ride with someone else since she was fighting with her mother. Perhaps the mom then assumed her daughter did indeed walk back to the wedding site and found a ride.

FWIW, I was once in a car with an arguing mother/adult daughter at night. The daughter jumped out of the car to walk home. The mom drove off. Then, the mom went around the block and picked the daughter back up again and we all continued the ride home in complete silence. (These are extended family members, in-laws of mine. They fight when they drink, but then make-up. It's ongoing and exhausting to witness.)

Anyway, I kind of understand the scenario with Meighan and her mom - and I'm guessing (only a guess) that the mom thought Meighan would get another ride from someone they knew from the wedding. Just a guess.

jmopinion at the moment.

We don't know that her mom didn't try to stop her, run after her, etc. There is a lot that seems fishy but we just don't have the answers to a lot of questions. Maybe they did search that night for her.

I'm leaning towards her being hit by a car, especially late at night after a wedding. There may have been some intoxicated drivers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back