Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw he is appearing at the hearing from jail. But will media be in the courtroom today?
Based on the court entries, it looks like the arraignment has already been held. So, I dunno. I'd guess maybe he appeared via video.

We'll have to wait for the media to catch up. They seem to be a little slow today. I just saw an article tweeted an hour ago about additional charges added and we've known that since this morning. MOO

Original Type Arraignment
Hearing Time 2:00 PM
Result Held

The arraignment is in the Washington County jail courtroom.

Apparently, the fifth floor apartments were only accessible by a key fob for that floor only so that dramatically helped LE narrow down a digital foot print of the sp re the times both the sp and victim used their key fob. IMO
This is not true. I can access any floor I want in the building without use of a fob. Once you're in, you're in.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed (not victim friendly>

I think he's a stalker weirdo who was obsessed with her and murdered her. I suspect she was completely blindsided. It's such a tragedy. Maybe because I live here, I know the quality of student that attends University of Portland (a Catholic university), and Providence Hospital, also a Catholic healthcare provider. They are truly upstanding and quality institutions, and their students and employees are as well. From everything family and friends have shared she was an exceptional, caring person. She was in a 10 year relationship with her boyfriend before they recently married (a little over a week before her murder).

Last edited by a moderator:
The electronic key data has proved very helpful in this case.

I’m guessing it also logged his door opening at a similar time to Melissa which would have made him prime suspect from day 1 - he probably didn’t realise the door system logged each time the internal apartment door opened
I didn't even know they had access to this - on the same day I found out she had gone missing, we had gotten an email from the leasing office that they were doing a system update for all the front door locks on the 5th floor. In a sense, I do like knowing when the door is being locked/unlocked.

I bet he's a mama's boy and has little to no respect for women. I bet he has a history of narcissim, maybe even some depression and I think this is all related to control and sexual assault. :( Everyone says he looks so normal but to me, he looks off...

I just remembered that we have a game room on the 5th floor - I believe that needs to be reserved, but that does require a fob to get in. I'd assume there is a camera in there as well. But in my opinion, I think they narrowed it down to him by pulling those front door logs. I also think the bloodhound indicated his unit, but they probably had to form a case. It makes sense why the detectives stuck around and why there was a BPD car here at all times. They probably kept an eye on him while doing all the paperwork and making sure. JMO. I didn't get to see any of it - I stuck to my floor because it scared me and it felt wrong to be a Lookie Lou.

No, I don't think that's it. I think he's a stalker weirdo who was obsessed with her and murdered her. I suspect she was completely blindsided. It's such a tragedy. Maybe because I live here, I know the quality of student that attends University of Portland (a Catholic university), and Providence Hospital, also a Catholic healthcare provider. They are truly upstanding and quality institutions, and their students and employees are as well. From everything family and friends have shared she was an exceptional, caring person. She was in a 10 year relationship with her boyfriend before they recently married (a little over a week before her murder).
Thanks for your insight. You are probably correct and I'm just trying to make any sort of sense of this (which you cant any which way) because its absolutely terrible. I just keep thinking about how she was so happy and in paradise with loved ones...embarking on such an amazing point in her life and this guy stole that from her, her husband, family, colleagues, patients etc. just days after she returned...it's incomprehensible...for what??

It's also starting to make sense when it was shared with me that LE had a suspected lead and this individual was not friends or family (this was shared with me on Friday and I had mentioned it here in an earlier comment). Ugh. I still get the chills and I have my head on swivel now. I'm curious to know more details (where she was found, etc).

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Predators don't need a reason that makes sense to the rest of us. They see prey and strike, whether it is after stalking and watching or whether it's spur of the moment.

jmo

I bet he's a mama's boy and has little to no respect for women. I bet he has a history of narcissim, maybe even some depression and I think this is all related to control and sexual assault. :( Everyone says he looks so normal but to me, he looks off...

I also have a feeling he could be a seriously disturbed individual and may well have kept her in his apartment until arrest...obviously could be completely off in my thoughts but just a feeling at the moment

Thanks for your insight. You are probably correct and I'm just trying to make any sort of sense of this (which you cant any which way) because its absolutely terrible. I just keep thinking about how she was so happy and in paradise with loved ones...embarking on such an amazing point in her life and this guy stole that from her, her husband, family, colleagues, patients etc. just days after she returned...it's incomprehensible...for what??
Exactly!!! You're right, it's incomprehensible, senseless and heartbreaking. I saw pictures and videos of their family gatherings, with 30+ people, smiling faces. A tight knit group, I can't fathom their heartache and disbelief.

I just remembered that we have a game room on the 5th floor - I believe that needs to be reserved, but that does require a fob to get in. I'd assume there is a camera in there as well. But in my opinion, I think they narrowed it down to him by pulling those front door logs. I also think the bloodhound indicated his unit, but they probably had to form a case. It makes sense why the detectives stuck around and why there was a BPD car here at all times. They probably kept an eye on him while doing all the paperwork and making sure. JMO. I didn't get to see any of it - I stuck to my floor because it scared me and it felt wrong to be a Lookie Lou.
I'm sorry you are so close to this. How close is his unit to hers?

Ugh. Still waiting to hear something about the arraignment from MSM.

Sept. 9, 2024 2:40 p.m.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office jail roster showed Schubert was in custody Monday morning. He was set to appear in court for arraignment later in the day, according to spokespersons for the county, its district attorney's office and Beaverton police.

I'm sorry you are so close to this. How close is his unit to hers?
I don't know. Her unit is in the middle of the building. I kind of wish I could take video to show you guys what it's like here. The hallways are long and I've had people (friends and food delivery people) say that it's a bit creepy. Part of me wants to go to the 5th floor to see if there's a notice or some kind of crime scene tape, but I'm also scared and on edge and would give myself a heart attack if somebody opened their door to go about their day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back