Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone else wonder if maybe she and her neighbor had a side thing going on and that he was upset that she was actually going through with getting married bc maybe she was going to or did cut it off and he didnt want to lose that?

Im just trying to wrap my head around any sort of motive here on his end...weve seen it plenty of time where there is none but it just seems kind of unbelievable that he would have just done this without anything being somewhat personal in nature.

Been wrong before and certainly could be here but again just trying to think of how this would happen and just be a neighbor wanting to kill another neighbor out of the blue and so early in the morning...feels like there has to be some context/background to a relationship or something....

I saw he is appearing at the hearing from jail. But will media be in the courtroom today?
Based on the court entries, it looks like the arraignment has already been held. So, I dunno. I'd guess maybe he appeared via video.

We'll have to wait for the media to catch up. They seem to be a little slow today. I just saw an article tweeted an hour ago about additional charges added and we've known that since this morning. MOO

Original Type Arraignment
Hearing Time 2:00 PM
Result Held

The arraignment is in the Washington County jail courtroom.

Apparently, the fifth floor apartments were only accessible by a key fob for that floor only so that dramatically helped LE narrow down a digital foot print of the sp re the times both the sp and victim used their key fob. IMO
This is not true. I can access any floor I want in the building without use of a fob. Once you're in, you're in.

Does anyone else wonder if maybe she and her neighbor had a side thing going on and that he was upset that she was actually going through with getting married bc maybe she was going to or did cut it off and he didnt want to lose that?

Im just trying to wrap my head around any sort of motive here on his end...weve seen it plenty of time where there is none but it just seems kind of unbelievable that he would have just done this without anything being somewhat personal in nature.

Been wrong before and certainly could be here but again just trying to think of how this would happen and just be a neighbor wanting to kill another neighbor out of the blue and so early in the morning...feels like there has to be some context/background to a relationship or something....
No, I don't think that's it. I think he's a stalker weirdo who was obsessed with her and murdered her. I suspect she was completely blindsided. It's such a tragedy. Maybe because I live here, I know the quality of student that attends University of Portland (a Catholic university), and Providence Hospital, also a Catholic healthcare provider. They are truly upstanding and quality institutions, and their students and employees are as well. From everything family and friends have shared she was an exceptional, caring person. She was in a 10 year relationship with her boyfriend before they recently married (a little over a week before her murder).

The electronic key data has proved very helpful in this case.

I’m guessing it also logged his door opening at a similar time to Melissa which would have made him prime suspect from day 1 - he probably didn’t realise the door system logged each time the internal apartment door opened
I didn't even know they had access to this - on the same day I found out she had gone missing, we had gotten an email from the leasing office that they were doing a system update for all the front door locks on the 5th floor. In a sense, I do like knowing when the door is being locked/unlocked.

Nope. Not I. Some men don't need a real, or valid reason, or one that makes sense to others for why they do things of this sort. JMO!!!!
Not to me. There are so many random attacks and weirdness's in the world that these sorts of things don't have to have a sane reason. Again... JMO! :)
I've been on this site long enough to have the opinion that horrible things like this can just be random and a crime of opportunity. I find that extremely scary. I believe in the randomness because I've said for decades that I'm a weirdo magnet, and those weirdos weren't known to me. They were strangers and there were opportunities with me purely intersecting into their lives by me going about my business. So, while there may be more to this case than simply randomness and/or opportunity, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was just that. Opportunity.

It seems like some have urges they can't control, and those urges get stronger with time until something snaps and they act. I wish I knew why some people did that sort of thing because I just find it extremely puzzling.

I just remembered that we have a game room on the 5th floor - I believe that needs to be reserved, but that does require a fob to get in. I'd assume there is a camera in there as well. But in my opinion, I think they narrowed it down to him by pulling those front door logs. I also think the bloodhound indicated his unit, but they probably had to form a case. It makes sense why the detectives stuck around and why there was a BPD car here at all times. They probably kept an eye on him while doing all the paperwork and making sure. JMO. I didn't get to see any of it - I stuck to my floor because it scared me and it felt wrong to be a Lookie Lou.

No, I don't think that's it. I think he's a stalker weirdo who was obsessed with her and murdered her. I suspect she was completely blindsided. It's such a tragedy. Maybe because I live here, I know the quality of student that attends University of Portland (a Catholic university), and Providence Hospital, also a Catholic healthcare provider. They are truly upstanding and quality institutions, and their students and employees are as well. From everything family and friends have shared she was an exceptional, caring person. She was in a 10 year relationship with her boyfriend before they recently married (a little over a week before her murder).
Thanks for your insight. You are probably correct and I'm just trying to make any sort of sense of this (which you cant any which way) because its absolutely terrible. I just keep thinking about how she was so happy and in paradise with loved ones...embarking on such an amazing point in her life and this guy stole that from her, her husband, family, colleagues, patients etc. just days after she returned...it's incomprehensible...for what??

Periodically this question pops up. Looking at the photos with her husband, it is obvious that BS is far from the type. Someone could fall for an unbelievably mature and interesting person, but would a 27-year-old present as such for a 32-year-old one? Plus, given that BS was living with a GF and Melissa was moving between WA and ORE, it is not a convenient situation. I can imagine the opposite, her trusting him and his GF as good neighbors, maybe he helped walk the dog once. A situation that was simply friendly on her side but leaving him hoping for more, maybe? (That if they knew one another and were friends, we don’t know yet). We all know that women may have tons of guy friends without any back thought, but men hardly spend their time on someone they are not remotely interested in. So that she was a social and kind person and he developed unrealistic expectations and projections is more likely.

It's also starting to make sense when it was shared with me that LE had a suspected lead and this individual was not friends or family (this was shared with me on Friday and I had mentioned it here in an earlier comment). Ugh. I still get the chills and I have my head on swivel now. I'm curious to know more details (where she was found, etc).

Nope. Not I. Some men don't need a real, or valid reason, or one that makes sense to others for why they do things of this sort. JMO!!!!

Not to me. There are so many random attacks and weirdness's in the world that these sorts of things don't have to have a sane reason. Again... JMO! :)

I've been on this site long enough to have the opinion that horrible things like this can just be random and a crime of opportunity. I find that extremely scary. I believe in the randomness because I've said for decades that I'm a weirdo magnet, and those weirdos weren't known to me. They were strangers and there were opportunities with me purely intersecting into their lives by me going about my business. So, while there may be more to this case than simply randomness and/or opportunity, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was just that. Opportunity.

It seems like some have urges they can't control, and those urges get stronger with time until something snaps and they act. I wish I knew why some people did that sort of thing because I just find it extremely puzzling.
I agree. Predators don't need a reason that makes sense to the rest of us. They see prey and strike, whether it is after stalking and watching or whether it's spur of the moment.

jmo

I bet he's a mama's boy and has little to no respect for women. I bet he has a history of narcissim, maybe even some depression and I think this is all related to control and sexual assault. :( Everyone says he looks so normal but to me, he looks off...

I also have a feeling he could be a seriously disturbed individual and may well have kept her in his apartment until arrest...obviously could be completely off in my thoughts but just a feeling at the moment

Thanks for your insight. You are probably correct and I'm just trying to make any sort of sense of this (which you cant any which way) because its absolutely terrible. I just keep thinking about how she was so happy and in paradise with loved ones...embarking on such an amazing point in her life and this guy stole that from her, her husband, family, colleagues, patients etc. just days after she returned...it's incomprehensible...for what??
Exactly!!! You're right, it's incomprehensible, senseless and heartbreaking. I saw pictures and videos of their family gatherings, with 30+ people, smiling faces. A tight knit group, I can't fathom their heartache and disbelief.

I just remembered that we have a game room on the 5th floor - I believe that needs to be reserved, but that does require a fob to get in. I'd assume there is a camera in there as well. But in my opinion, I think they narrowed it down to him by pulling those front door logs. I also think the bloodhound indicated his unit, but they probably had to form a case. It makes sense why the detectives stuck around and why there was a BPD car here at all times. They probably kept an eye on him while doing all the paperwork and making sure. JMO. I didn't get to see any of it - I stuck to my floor because it scared me and it felt wrong to be a Lookie Lou.
I'm sorry you are so close to this. How close is his unit to hers?

Ugh. Still waiting to hear something about the arraignment from MSM.

Sept. 9, 2024 2:40 p.m.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office jail roster showed Schubert was in custody Monday morning. He was set to appear in court for arraignment later in the day, according to spokespersons for the county, its district attorney's office and Beaverton police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back