Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not that her coworkers aren’t amazing, but let me tell you, as a nurse, when another nurse doesn’t show up for a scheduled shift everybody is on it like white on rice lol. Short staffing is not fun!

They called the police though. And the police were convinced enough to act right away. This is unusual and stellar.

***IMO***

I cannot believe this is just a snatch & kill. IMO they knew each other well.
I do not see many cases where the judge seals the details.
Just my opinion of course.
This is just an idea I'm tossing out there for brainstorming, not saying I think this is what happened (as we don't know what happened yet!).

Maybe they got in an argument in the garage, like a road rage situation but perhaps about a parking spot or a car door that touched another car, a minor bumper accident, etc. OBVIOUSLY it is insane to get violent over such matters, but people do. Is he attached to his car? Or the type to monitor how other people park and tell them off if he doesn't approve?

Maybe something happened in the garage and he drove away with her body in the trunk.

Speculation, brainstorming idea.

jmo

This is just an idea I'm tossing out there for brainstorming, not saying I think this is what happened (as we don't know what happened yet!).

Maybe they got in an argument in the garage, like a road rage situation but perhaps about a parking spot or a car door that touched another car, a minor bumper accident, etc. OBVIOUSLY it is insane to get violent over such matters, but people do. Is he attached to his car? Or the type to monitor how other people park and tell them off if he doesn't approve?

Maybe something happened in the garage and he drove away with her body in the trunk.

Speculation, brainstorming idea.

jmo

It all depends on
at what time his door was opened in the early morning.

As they lived practically vis-a-vis,
he could (allegedly) hear her leaving her apartment and pounced.

Or (allegedly)
had left earlier than her and was already in the garage.

His door time stamp will tell.

JMO

Last edited:
Yep.
But one shouldn't overdo things.
JMO
I know a lot of PDs from my friend circle and this is their passion to give humane and fair representation. It's genuine on their part. It's their job.

**IMO**

Regarding talk of defendant's physically demonstrative attorney: for some, yes, I believe it's genuine. For others, it's just a standard strategy.

Source: I've heard attorneys themselves say this many times over the years on documentaries, news shows, etc. such as Larry King, 20/20, etc.

**MOO**

**IMO**

Regarding talk of defendant's physically demonstrative attorney: for some, yes, I believe it's genuine. For others, it's just a standard strategy.

Source: I've heard attorneys themselves say this many times over the years on documentaries, news shows, etc. such as Larry King, 20/20, etc.

**MOO**

Well,
I would prefer my lawyer to focus on legal issues than embracing me.
Public display of affection is not my thing :D
Especially from strangers ;)

Not that I need a lawyer, mind you hehehe
Touch wood!

ETA
I guess it is a cultural thing depending on countries.
I was simply surprised as I have never seen it in my country.
The "relationships" between defendants and Defence Lawyers are usually formal.

JMO

Last edited:
I agree; it's not the norm that someone missing work would get a welfare check with an apartment entry so quickly. It surprised me they were even willing to welfare check at all so quickly, based on no-call, no-show at work.

(And while I'm glad she was checked on so quickly, I really hope that decision was based on facts law enforcement received during the report, and not demographics.)
Bolded by me

Can you explain what you mean? I'm missing something. (Probably something right in front of me? Do you mean special treatment, or ?)

The parking garage has a lot of cameras.
Are you sure about that? Because @fleetwoodmac lives there and said there's a camera at the entrance to the garage but not on each floor of the garage. Unless I misunderstood. MOO

I'm curious about this, too. Inside parking garage cameras, yes or no?

Bolded by me

Can you explain what you mean? I'm missing something. (Probably something right in front of me? Do you mean special treatment, or ?)
I explained in another post up thread that Oregon has changed their response for welfare checks due to the numerous long and unusual hot heat waves we have been experiencing. AC's in every dwelling are not the norm here due to the nature's cooling effect we used to get at night. LE statewide now proceeds with welfare checks more quickly now in any circumstance.

I explained in another post up thread that Oregon has changed their response for welfare checks due to the numerous long and unusual hot heat waves we have been experiencing. AC's in every dwelling are not the norm here due to the nature's cooling effect we used to get at night. LE statewide now proceeds with welfare checks more quickly now in any circumstance.

Oh I was responding to another poster who said they hoped the quick response was because of evidence and not demographics. Not about AC. I added their quote to my question.

Some new details.... They found the victim 3am Saturday after they arrested Bryce Friday night. Perhaps he told them where he hid her. JMO

It’s not clear to me that 3:00 AM Saturday is when they found Melissa’s body from the link you provided.

I thought (by the way it was worded) rather that 3:00 AM is the time when police made the announcement of the update that Schubert’s been arrested and her body located.
JMO

(Since the article is behind a paywall, I can’t bring the quote here, though.)

It’s not clear to me that 3:00 AM Saturday is when they found Melissa’s body from the link you provided.

I thought (by the way it was worded) rather that 3:00 AM is the time when police made the announcement of the update that Schubert’s been arrested and her body located.
JMO

(Since the article is behind a paywall, I can’t bring the quote here, though.)
Perfect timing.
I was coming here to post the same.
The press release came out at 3:02am

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240911_072608_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_072608_Chrome.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 13
There was another murder in the apt building in Feb, husband killing his wife.

That was in 2023 per the article's byline; @fleetwoodmac (resident in the building) also posted about that murder earlier in the thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite
Back