Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
she has a dog??
Yes, it has been reported she does.

“It’s definitely not like her. And she has her, her dog. So I know that she wouldn’t want to leave her dog for so long. So that was like her little baby,” Oregon said. “It’s been very difficult for everyone that knew her and how great of person she is,”
Link to KOIN 6 article that mentions her dog.

Police warn of ‘nefarious’ fundraising against Melissa Jubane’s family​

Beaverton police are alerting the public after fraudulent fundraising accounts claiming to support the family of Melissa Jubane were discovered on Thursday.

“The Beaverton Police Department is being made aware of fraudulent/nefarious fundraising accounts for Melissa Jubane’s Family,” a Beaverton police spokesperson said in a statement.

https://www.koin.com/local/washington-county/beaverton-police-melissa-jubane-family--fundraising/

How disgusting…

Preface to say, I don’t know if he did a residency or new grad program for sure. <modsnip: rumor>
I would say that if what he did was the new grad program or nurse residency program at Prov Portland, the goal for some people could be to find a job within the same hospital system but it’s also not unheard of to leave—especially if something more in line with what you want to do in the nursing field presents itself. There are several big hospital/healthcare systems in the area and if he left to work at one of those once that experience was under his belt, it would not be out of the ordinary.
From a financial perspective, does the hospital system want to retain someone they just put lots of money in to train as a new grad? 100%. Healthcare systems put a lot of money into nursing professional development but we don’t know what his career interests are or if they had vacancies for the specialty or area he was most interested in.
Thank you for answering my questions. I'm so very curious to know if he was/was not offered a job and also if/where he worked between November 2023 and now.

To give you an idea, you have to graduate before you can take the NCLEX exam. You can’t sign up for the nurse exam until you’ve graduated from school and the school sends your transcripts and paperwork. People often want to take a month or even more to study for the exam after graduation. For ex, the yr I graduated the month was July and took the test in Sept. But everyone is different in how long they want to study.
Public records state he graduated OHSU in 2022 (June?) Then, board nursing public records show he got license on 9/1/22 and per Oregonian article: “That same month he was hired as a nurse at the Providence Portland Medical Center, where he worked until October 2023.” There are lots of new grad programs and Prov has a nurse residency program that is a yr long (source: Providence Nursing Institute: RN Residency & Fellowship Program).
you can apply, interview and be offered the job but must have the license before you start. so really you can line things up for yourself to start pending you passing your test

Source: me a nurse for 16 yrs
Thank you so much for the information.

I now have another question. Oregon nursing license numbers seem to start with the first year they were issued. For example, BS has the license number 2022xxxxxRN and MJ's license is 2018xxxxxRN. I've redacted the middle numbers but they are trivially found online in public records.

Would there be any significance if a person's license had the format 1001xxx0? Note that it does not begin with the year issued and does not end in RN. Could it potentially be a temporary license or something? The state record indicates this person is an RN and was originally licensed in 2023.

Edit: I think I found the answer. It appears the state changed the numbering system in 2023 and all new licenses follow the 100xxxx0 format.

Last edited:
I thought her memorial was touching. That's a lot of people. :) And we sure lost a good Nurse which is a shame. :(

about 300 of Jubane’s friends, coworkers, former patients and people who were simply touched by her story gathered to honor her memory after the 32-year-old was found dead last week.

[snip]

“If you had a question, she had an answer. If she didn’t have an answer, she knew who to find, who to ask to find out the answer for you.

More about Melissa's memorial here: Beaverton mourns Melissa Jubane

SEP 13, 2024
On Sept. 9, Schubert appeared in court virtually for the first time. Schubert is charged with murder in the second-degree, first-degree kidnapping, and abuse of a corpse.

Schubert appeared in court again on Sept. 10 andwas seen in an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs with an attorney present who tried to shield him from the cameras.

This was his first rodeo JMO
I feel like (and this is JMO) that he made very tentative trials towards an actual abduction. I feel like the girls/women he approached/tried to talk to instantly got a creepy vibe - strong enough that they knowingly (or even unknowingly) got away from him as fast as they could.

I don’t in any way mean to imply that his “actual” victims were somehow less intuitive about his creep-factor than those that survived “physically uninjured”. Unfortunately, this monster continued to perfect his hunting. I hope he is found guilty and is NEVER able to leave prison grounds until he is dead and in a box!

I feel like (and this is JMO) that he made very tentative trials towards an actual abduction. I feel like the girls/women he approached/tried to talk to instantly got a creepy vibe - strong enough that they knowingly (or even unknowingly) got away from him as fast as they could.

I don’t in any way mean to imply that his “actual” victims were somehow less intuitive about his creep-factor than those that survived “physically uninjured”. Unfortunately, this monster continued to perfect his hunting. I hope he is found guilty and is NEVER able to leave prison grounds until he is dead and in a box!

I would suspect he had aggressive, violent daydreams, but probably never acted on them. Maybe he was occasionally violent with prior girlfriends, choking or such, but never consistently. Such things may come and go, so during Covid isolation they could have been more serious, but during nursing residency, he could have been physically too busy. I wonder if before it happened, he had some time off work, a vacation or less busy schedule so he was focusing on his imaginary dreams more? I think that the abduction/murder itself was impulsive, maybe unexpected for himself, and he did not plan on doing it that morning, but in his mind, he was coming to it for quite a while. There should be something on his computer. It is also interesting if Melissa, in a way, fit into his preferred style - small, slim but fit, with dark hair. I don't think it is an ethnic preference, more likely build/hair. JMO.

I've listened to about 2 hours of the scanner traffic feed from 9/4 for this case on the Washington County Sheriff scanner archive (there is no Beaverton feed on Broadcastify) and I've put the related information in the scanner thread in the parking lot.

For those unfamiliar, there cannot be conversation about scanner traffic in this thread here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back