Found Deceased OR - Merrilee Cooley, 68, Clackamas, 27 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder if any work done on her house lately? Any strangers inside her home for repairs? That worries me with my mom. I am always there in situations like that. Still doesn't keep creeps from eyeing her belongings though and coming back later. So scary. And my mom is so trusting and kind. I'm an untrusting cynic.

Where is she? I can't imagine how this weighs on her family. I am holding out hope that there is some wild story that ends with her being okay.

Just posted by @MikeBennerKGW

10:36 PST 5 Jan 2017 - #Breakingnews - vehicle belonging to missing Clackamas woman Merrilee Cooley found abandoned in parking lot of Milwaukie apartment complex

10:40 PST 5 Jan 2017 - Car found at the Miramonte Lodge apartments, Milwaukie PD securing car until @ClackCoSheriffdetectives arrive

10:42 PST 5 Jan 2017 - Neighbor tells me the car has been parked at the apartment complex since last week, he thought it was odd

Terrible news. Sheriff posting to Twitter right now...

@ClackCoSheriff

12:04 AM PST - 6 Jan 2017 - BREAKING- Female body found in the trunk of Ms. Cooley's veh. Det's believe the body is Ms. Cooley. Medical Examiner to confirm.

12:05 AM PST - 6 Jan 2017 - Crime Scene Investigators are enroute to process the crime scene. Medical Examiner also enroute.

12:06 AM PST - 6 Jan 2017 - Detectives will be working through the night on this investigation.

I'm hoping so much that evidence will be found in this car. This story bothers me a lot & I'm worried about what happened to Merilee as it can't be good.

ETA: I just read that a body was found In the trunk. So sad to see this.

How terrible. RIP Merilee!

I wonder if this was personal?

Heartbreaking news. Rest in Peace dear lady.

Horrible news :( I sure hope they find the piece of garbage that did this. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Marrilee B. Cooley was last seen Dec. 26, and her family reported her disappearance under suspicious circumstances two days later. The family also told detectives her black Kia Optima was missing.

About 10 p.m. Thursday, Milwaukie police officers said they found the missing car in an apartment complex near Southeast Lark Street and Whitcomb Drive.

Investigators found the body of a female, and they believe it's Cooley inside the trunk of the car.

21807105-small.png

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/01/milwaukie_police_find_missing.html

Marrilee B. Cooley was last seen Dec. 26, and her family reported her disappearance under suspicious circumstances two days later. The family also told detectives her black Kia Optima was missing.

About 10 p.m. Thursday, Milwaukie police officers said they found the missing car in an apartment complex near Southeast Lark Street and Whitcomb Drive.

Investigators found the body of a female, and they believe it's Cooley inside the trunk of the car.

21807105-small.png

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/01/milwaukie_police_find_missing.html
Oh how sad.

Interesting I found her on facebook I believe but the first name was spelled differently. My first thought was she was trying to be found....but it was obviously easy. Same last name and directed to the other first spelling via facebook.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Terrible! Poor Merrilee. :(

I hadn't realized that her house had NOT been ransacked as originally reported, according to the article. That changes things considerably IMO. But how did that story start?

http://www.kgw.com/news/clackamas-woman-missing-since-tuesday-family-says/380327112

WTF???

Just catching up on the news now. I don't watch KGW and KOIN news this morning only said that a body had been found in the trunk of the car. Nothing about the condition of her house when she went missing.

It may not have made a difference but I sure wish a Silver Alert had been done when she first went missing.

Rest in Peace dear Merilee. :rose:

http://koin.com/2017/01/05/missing-clackamas-womans-car-found-in-milwaukie/

The car was parked in a quieter area of the apartment complex, making it relatively easy to park the car and leave without drawing too much attention.
Detectives are knocking on doors of the enormous apartment complex.

Cooley was going to take trip to the beach with her friend, Peggy Husman, the weekend she went missing.

Husman went to check on Cooley on December 28 and found her home turned upside down. Cooley’s walker and 2 wheelchairs were still there. Her car and keys were missing, but little else was gone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This all seems a bit strange so far. Whoever murdered her knew the body would be found. Yet instead of leaving her body at her house, they move it across town? What is the possible reason to move her body if it is going to be found either way? Leaving a body in a car that police are looking for is not exactly hiding it. The only possible reason I can think of is that the killer wanted there to be a delay in finding her body, but what purpose would that serve?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back