OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the stories of the first responders, rescue crews, Good Samaritans, etc. who are ready to help that always choke me up. THANK YOU to all of them.

So sorry to hear this is happening again.

Springfield is actually a bit under 70 miles north. It's just south of Eugene.

ETA sorry, i quoted the wrong post.

I hesitate to put this out there and get too personal, but I was a sophomore at Columbine in 1999. Physically I was not injured, and over time, my psychological wounds have healed. Days like today though bring those old, unwanted feelings back to the surface and shake my faith. My heart hurts, and I feel a bit inadequate as all I can offer are thoughts and prayers.

1:13: From the 9-1-1 dispatch: "Suspect is dead, we've got multiple gunshot wounds were going to need multiple ambulances on scene."
Dispatcher: "Copy suspect is dead we have multiple injured on scene and we're sending multiple ambulances."

1:10: From the 9-1-1 dispatch, seven minutes after the initial call: "Code 4, suspect is down." At eight minutes after the call, "He's not breathing, is in Snyder Hall." At nine minutes after the call, "Suspect is down, we've got multiple gunshot wounds were going to need multiple ambulances on scene."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/10/active_shooting_reported_at_um.html

I must live in a cave. I've never heard of 4chan.

I do live video game streaming at night and I have been personally targeted by groups from 4chan (real name, address posted on the internet, death threats, rape threats.) There are alot of other sites out there like this.

KGW reporting (from two sources) that the shooter is one of the 13 fatalities.

I saw this online at 11:30. I have no words. This is two hours north of us. Prayers for all.

I hesitate to put this out there and get too personal, but I was a sophomore at Columbine in 1999. Physically I was not injured, and over time, my psychological wounds have healed. Days like today though bring those old, unwanted feelings back to the surface and shake my faith. My heart hurts, and I feel a bit inadequate as all I can offer are thoughts and prayers.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry.

Wouldn't Medford be closer to send the patients???

The decision may have been related to the number of trauma staff and facilities available at the hospitals chosen.

David Cullan who wrote the book about Columbine had an excellent point- the difference between Virginia Tech and Columbine was that the victims of Virginia Tech came from all over while Columbine happened at home for all involved so the community of Littleton itself felt attacked so the reactions and PTSD between the two events were different. This will be like Columbine as the whole community of Roseburg will be effected.

He is 100% correct in this observation, I grew up in Littleton but was not living there at the time of the shootings yet that day still haunts me. My heart and soul goes out to literally everyone this effects.

Recently retired president of the college reports only 1 unarmed security guard on campus at any given time, to cover a 100 acre campus (KGW reporting live).

((((((((((KayElJay))))))))))
I'm so sorry you experienced the horror of Columbine. Remember, thoughts and prayers are NEVER inadequate.

I saw this online at 11:30. I have no words. This is two hours north of us. Prayers for all.

Lilibet you were the first person I thought of when I saw the news this morning from work. Hope you are ok.

The decision may have been related to the number of trauma staff and facilities available at the hospitals chosen.

Given the larger population in the Springfield/Eugene area, I would concur.

Cnn has a student on the phone who was on campus in the building across from the shooting.

My thoughts are with you today.
I was a student at Heritage many years ago and when I think of that day at Columbine I still have a hard time connecting it to the community I grew up in. I can't imagine having been in the school that day. God Bless You.
And thank you for you insight.

Sky8 (KGW news helo) showing one K9 officer and canine searching the parking lot. KGW says there is only one K9 unit currently on scene.

Continuing from here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-College-in-Roseburg&p=12094021#post12094021

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime...d-umpqua-community-college-shooting/73154898/

13 dead at Umpqua Community College school shooting near Roseburg
http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime...d-umpqua-community-college-shooting/73154898/

Brandy, who attended college, reports:

Media highway intersection 99 (?) about 1 and half mile away. A student ran the length, to where the media was. She had been in the library, didn't hear it, but was warned and ran out. Campus known fondly 'jokingly' by residents as "Harvard on the Hill". Shooting on the SW corner of a fortunately spread out campus with homes nearby campus. "Collection of folks" at the campus, continuing education, new careers, mixed ages, young and old, multi-generational campus, people very familiar here. There was a woman waiting for her word of her grandson at the media blockade who left for now. All are waiting for Gov PC.

Pat reports:
Shooter went into the building, shot into a computer lab, into a long gun (not confirmed), accounts of students protecting each other...

Tim reports:
17 to 1 student to teacher ration, 1967. Had security drills in the past two yrs, some security, but never enough according to former college official.
Last

Kyle reports:
Much of the evidence outside

Hugs Kay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members