OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was this posted already? Shooters mom brags about Arsenal of firearms online-

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...agged-weapons-online-report-article-1.2383689

Honestly she seems like a complete moron- like the newtown mom. The last thing her son needed was access to firearms.

On CNN on Saturday (smerconish show) a psychologist was a guest who talked about mass shooters- there are very specific red flags in these cases and four things all mass shooters have in common are:

1) History of violence/being violent. In any way (against people, animals, inanimate objects) even if no police involvement

2) Substance abuse of any kind.

3) Past trauma

4) Access to guns

So this specifically is what we need to be looking out for as parents, educators, concerned citizens. Another psychologist called the mass shooter mindset "revenge of the nobody" which is also true.

Both cautioned that it was irresponsible to blame it on mental health or guns and that it is necessary to watch for those four characteristics in someone - and that there are always always always red flags before it happens.

And other countries have been able to stop mass shootings entirely so there is no reason we can't as well. It just takes a multi-disciplinary approach and we can't rely on only one thing (like mental health laws or gun laws) to magically solve this.

In the meantime... I think one good precautionary measure we can take is to help protect students on college campuses is to have their state police take the roll of campus security. I went to SUNY Buffalo (UB) and the New York State police are "campus security"- they (state police) formed a division in the seventies (when all the college riots happened I think) called "state university police" to patrol all of the state school campuses- they even have barracks on campus with holding cells, etc.

This whole epidemic of mass shootings will involve a multi faceted approach to stop, but one thing we can do while we get it figured out is have local police agencies help secure campuses.

Some grade schools have school resource officers - who are officers with a local police agency in that area- IMO every school (elementary, middle school, high school) should have one. They are highly trained to deal with crisis situations obviously and combine that they are certified and trained to use a firearm if need be.

So again we need may different things to stop mass shootings but this can help keep things safer if at all possible in the meantime.

Edited to add: I also think every school- elementary thru college- needs to do "emergency action drills" - much like fire drills- only you practice the emergency plan for a mass shooting situation.

Schools can be equipped with things to aid escape- like second floor classrooms can be outfitted with those emergency chain ladders you can escape from a window with, the classroom doors can be fabricated going forward with better deadbolts/locking bars, a steel/alloy core that would protect from gun fire. There are even security systems (like the one in my house lol) that have a phone/intercom/wired and wireless camera system built in so if the system is tripped, the security and 911 call center can beam in directly through the system to talk to you and get a good audio/visual assessment of the situation - even if you can't talk- they can see and hear what is going on to dispatch the right emergency responders (fire or police or emt or swat teams etc) to your location.

I think these things may help save lives in a crisis.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

If the teacher is huddling in a room with students, the door is locked.

In this latest situation, wasn't the teacher shot in the head first?

Each incident is different of course but even in this incident the shooter felt he was able to freely walk around until LE finally came to fight back. This shooter was able to walk from 1 building over to another with no resistance. Luckily LE got there quickly. Having a trained security guard on campus is about the quickest way some initial resistance could be applied until LE gets there.

"The shooting appears to have started in one building before the gunman moved to the school's science building, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. Those killed and wounded were found in at least two classrooms."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/

At the risk of derailing this gun thread, is there a list of shooter's online personae?

I believe "lithium love" was one username. I briefly saw mention of his online username also as "ironcross45" - an apparent neo-nazi reference.

Are there others? He mentioned "zombie killing" which suggests he's a gamer.

I don't know if the New York Daily News is allowed, but there is an article about the mother, and a picture. Really no doubt about his access to guns....

NY daily news gets a bad rap sometimes because they can at times publish somewhat scandalous articles but as far as accuracy and factual reporting, they are solid.

At the risk of derailing this gun thread, is there a list of shooter's online personae?

I believe "lithium love" was one username. I briefly saw mention of his online username also as "ironcross45" - an apparent neo-nazi reference.

Are there others? He mentioned "zombie killing" which suggests he's a gamer.

Lithium Love is also a facebook page. So I don't know if by using that username, he meant that page, or the medication.

I briefly saw mention of his online username also as "ironcross45" - an apparent neo-nazi reference.

Yeah very odd. His mother is black and he openly identifies as mixed-race.

CNN is also being criticized for allegedly altering/lightening the photos of the shooter.

Yeah very odd. His mother is black and he openly identifies as mixed-race.

CNN is also being criticized for allegedly altering/lightening the photos of the shooter.

And despite his mixed race and his mom being black, he wrote about his animosity towards black people, identified as a neo-nazi. He was all sorts of mixed up.

Oct 5 2015, 9:09 am ET

Oregon Shooter Showed Little Sympathy in Calculated Killings: Witnesses

by The Associated Press

The gunman had already shot several students at close range when he stood inches from Lacey Scroggins and demanded she stand up.

It was only the fourth day of community college for the 18-year-old aspiring surgeon, and she was facing a test no education could prepare her for as she lay face down, her head tucked between her outstretched arms among dead and dying classmates.

Scroggins could hear someone gurgling and she felt the weight of fellow student Treven Anspach, 20, pressed against her body as his blood flowed into her clothing. Anspach would be among the dead...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...ympathy-calculated-killings-witnesses-n438286

Yes, that is interesting.

Let's look at the table showing percentage of each group who say they have a gun in their home:

30-49 32%
50-64: 40%
65+: 40%

Which of those groups shoots the most people? Why, the group with the smallest percentage of people with guns.

Race/ethnicity
White: 41%
Black: 19%
Hispanic: 20%

Which of those groups shoots the most people? Why, the group with the smallest percentage of people with guns.

Women: 31%

More men than women, but almost all shootings are by men.

It's clear that the availability of guns is NOT what causes people to go out and shoot people. Oregon shooter's dad has it wrong; guns are not the killers.

I don't know if the New York Daily News is allowed, but there is an article about the mother, and a picture. Really no doubt about his access to guns....

I was disappointed with the fathers statements. He was fine with saying nothing but then he starts to rant about guns without bringing up Mom and her gun ownership and her gun views.
There is no mystery as to how the boy acquired the weapons. Its becoming obvious his mom played a big role in how the boy was acquiring all the weapons as she seemed to enjoy target practicing with her son according to a neighbor who saw them both coming and going carrying bags that appeared to be weapons.

The more we learn about the Mom the more it seems like she was very similar if not worse than Adam Lanza Mom. She seemed to encourage his participation in the shooting sports. I don't think it was wise to do that if you know your child has mental issues.

He didn't kill his mother, did he?

Seems like all of the articles refer to her in a past tense. If she is alive where is she and why is she so silent? Is the media going to let her slide on this? Seems like most outlets are not posting any photos of her either.

When the caretaker is an enabler, participates and even supports: Many similarities between AL & his mother NL, and this broken human and his mother. IMO. Only NL didn't live to talk about on social media forums.

...Holding the Philadelphia area in the light today. Finding it hard to concentrate on work knowing my son is at UDelaware. *University outside of Philadelphia.

Yes, that is interesting.

Let's look at the table showing percentage of each group who say they have a gun in their home:

30-49 32%
50-64: 40%
65+: 40%

Race/ethnicity
White: 41%
Black: 19%
Hispanic: 20%

Women: 31%

More men than women, but almost all shootings are by men.

It's clear that the availability of guns is NOT what causes people to go out and shoot people. Oregon shooter's dad has it wrong; guns are not the killers.

I couldn't agree more.

I would like to start by saying that I am not a gun owner but I certainly have no problem with people who are. I think people's attitude towards guns is largely a cultural difference. People from large cities in the northeast equate guns with street gangs, drive by shootings, robberies, etc. Those of us who grew up in the south, southwest & rural areas consider guns to just be a normal part of life. A lot of people use guns to provide food for their families. Kids grow up with guns & are taught gun safety. I'm quite elderly & no gun owner I've ever known has shot & killed anyone. More restrictive gun laws are not the answer. Just look at the rampant drug use going on in our country. Hard drugs are illegal & yet those who choose to use them are still able to do so. Prohibition didn't work out so good either.

Received this notice in my work email this morning. Thank you Governor Inslee!

DATE: October 3, 2015
TO: All State Agencies

SUBJECT: Lowering of the Washington State and United States Flags

Good afternoon--

I hereby direct that Washington State and United States flags at all state agency facilities be lowered to half-staff immediately, in honor of the victims of the tragedy in Roseburg, Oregon.

Please notify all of your field offices and facilities around the state.

Flags should remain at half-staff until close of business or sunset on Tuesday, October 6, 2015.

Other government entities, citizens and businesses are encouraged to join this recognition.

Thank you,
Office of Governor Jay Inslee

When the caretaker is an enabler, participates and even supports: Many similarities between AL & his mother NL, and this broken human and his mother. IMO. Only NL didn't live to talk about on social media forums.

Seems like she was more than an enabler. Articles stated she moved to OR because of the gunlaws. She was buying up as many weapons as possible "before they get outlawed". She also didn't like to use firing ranges that had range masters (which most all have) because they weren't private enough. Oh and she had a problem with photos, she would not even give a nursing group a copy of her badge when they asked.

Sounds like she was more obsessed than he was and quite possibly a bit crazy.

An article all about her but without a picture.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/05/ore..._stockpiled_weapons_for_fear_of_confiscation/

CNN reporting angry calls coming in for Sherriff's resignation. This over the conspiracy video that was posted to his FB page.

Seems like she was more than an enabler. Articles stated she moved to OR because of the gunlaws. She was buying up as many weapons as possible "before they get outlawed". She also didn't like to use firing ranges that had range masters (which most all have) because they weren't private enough. Oh and she had a problem with photos, she would not even give a nursing group a copy of her badge when they asked.

Sounds like she was more obsessed than he was and quite possibly a bit crazy.

An article all about her but without a picture.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/05/ore..._stockpiled_weapons_for_fear_of_confiscation/

It sounds like if her baby didn't do what he did, she herself might have. And she's allowed to provide nursing care to helpless patients?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truecrimefanatic2024
Back