OR - PRESIDENTIAL PARDON - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope one or more of the children were brave enough to turn her in thinking this was a good opportunity to do that. Maybe the three whose whereabouts she does not know.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article75319902.html

It sounds like all of them decided to leave on their own, but from the mother's words, it sounds like Victoria was the one mainly responsible. Good for her.

Here's a particularly telling snippet that shows just how Odalis sees her children:

"The best way to describe Victoria is that she’s like her horse, Spirit,” Sharp said. “Young and pretty, very spirited. She’s got all that pasture, but she wants to be out of her bounds. And when she gets out of bounds, she leads the others with her, and she’s hurting my family. It’s a shame.”

Leader of Oregon refuge singers arrested for assault; 7 children in state custody

By Les Zaitz | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 03, 2016 at 1:00 PM, updated May 03, 2016 at 1:01 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/05/post_11.html
“The matriarch of the Sharp Family Singers who performed at militant confrontations in Nevada and Oregon has been charged with assaulting police officers in Kansas and has lost seven children to state custody.

Odalis Sharp, 46, of Auburn, Kansas, faces a felony charge of interfering with law enforcement and two misdemeanor counts of battery of a law enforcement officer, according to Shawnee County officials in Topeka. She was arrested at her home last Friday and released on bail the following day.

In an interview Tuesday, Sharp said state officials have custody of seven of her 10 children. She said she didn't know the whereabouts of her other three, including 18-year-old Victoria Sharp. The teenager was riding with Robert "LaVoy" Finicum last January when he was shot and killed while trying to evade police north of Burns.”​

The article kept hanging me up, but no surprise she's not MOTHER OF THE YEAR!!!

From a few days ago:

First Oregon standoff defendant pleads guilty

By Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on May 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM, updated May 13, 2016 at 1:37 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...standoff_defendant_scot.html#incart_big-photo

“Scott Willingham, who was part of the security team during the takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, pleaded guilty Thursday to stealing government property.

Willingham was accused of taking or converting government-owned cameras for his own use. He faced two counts of theft of government property but entered a guilty plea in federal court in Portland to one count. The other was dismissed.

Willingham hasn't been charged in the larger conspiracy case stemming from the Jan. 2 refuge takeover, but is the 27th person to face a federal indictment in the 41-day occupation of the wildlife sanctuary outside Burns.

He's the first refuge defendant to enter a guilty plea.

Willingham, 49, was with occupation spokesman Robert "LaVoy" Finicum on Jan. 15 when Finicum took down surveillance cameras at a substation six miles from Burns.

Under a plea agreement, he's expected to face six months in prison followed by two years of supervised release. He's agreed to undergo a mental health evaluation and spend up to 120 days at a residential re-entry program or treatment center.”

“His sentencing is set for Sept. 23.”

There is alot more...

Willingham told the FBI that he was armed at the Malheur refuge during the occupation but then left and came back to Burns intending to kill Harney County commissioner Steven E. Grasty, Gabriel said.

Whoa and these people are convinced they're the good guys...?

These people are all delusional. I hope they give out heavier sentences to the majority to really make them stop all this nonsense.

I hope one or more of the children were brave enough to turn her in thinking this was a good opportunity to do that. Maybe the three whose whereabouts she does not know.

I hope so too. My first thought was she didn't know where Victoria was because she'd been whisked away and put into some kind of homemade witness protection program.

Very long article in the Washington Post about the "patriots."

Primed to fight the government

B.J. Soper took aim with his AR-15 semiautomatic rifle and fired a dozen shots at a human silhouette target. Soper’s wife and their 16-year-old daughter practiced drawing pistols. Then Soper helped his 4-year-old daughter, in pink sneakers and a ponytail, work on her marksmanship with a .22-caliber rifle.

Deep in the heart of a vast U.S. military training ground, surrounded by spent shotgun shells and juniper trees blasted to shreds, the Central Oregon Constitutional Guard was conducting its weekly firearms training.

“The intent is to be able to work together and defend ourselves if we need to,” said Soper, 40, a building contractor who is an emerging leader in a growing national movement rooted in distrust of the federal government, one that increasingly finds itself in armed conflicts with authorities.

Those in the movement call themselves patriots, demanding that the federal government adhere to the Constitution and stop what they see as systematic abuse of land rights, gun rights, freedom of speech and other liberties.

Law enforcement officials call them dangerous, delusional and sometimes violent, and say that their numbers are growing amid a wave of anger at the government that has been gaining strength since 2008, a surge that coincided with the election of the first black U.S. president and a crippling economic recession.

Much more at the link.

Les Zaitz
Les Zaitz – Verified account ‏@LesZaitz

The Oregonian/OregonLive has sued Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer to get at public records from his office. http://bit.ly/1WNAlKt
10:07 AM - 23 May 2016

Document Cloud:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2841291-2016-05-19-Complaint.html

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I think this tactic being employed by Sheriff Palmer (while maybe not new) is something we will see alot more of in the future. These 'constitutional sheriff' people are not only whackos, they are dangerous, imo.

Maxine is covering the court doings today:

Maxine Bernstein
2m2 minutes ago
Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian
Pete Santilli is back in custody in OR and in federal court today #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
32m32 minutes ago
Defendants did recite aloud Lord's Prayer before proceeding began #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
33m33 minutes ago
19 #oregonstandoff defendants in court today; 1 ( Shawna Cox) on speaker phone; 5 waived appearance ; no outbursts, dry legal arguments

Maxine Bernstein
37m37 minutes ago
Court resumes at 1:15pm(PDT)

Maxine Bernstein
37m37 minutes ago
Prosecutor acknowledges that classifying fed. conspiracy charge to impede fed officers as 'crime of violence' is close call #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
39m39 minutes ago
Judge: 'Of course a person has 1st Amendment rights but there are limits' - same for 2nd Amend rights , she says #oregonstandoff

There are more

https://mobile.twitter.com/maxoregonian

Ammon Bundy Considering Civil Rights Lawsuit Against Multnomah County
Oregon Public Broadcasting
by Ryan Haas OPB | May 24, 2016 5:26 p.m.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...-bundy-civil-rights-lawsuit-multnomah-county/

“Ammon and Ryan Bundy are actively considering whether they should pursue a civil rights lawsuit against the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office for conditions at the county detention center.

In court documents released Tuesday, the leaders of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation give a list of conditions at the jail they said are violating their constitutional rights.

Among the complaints, the Bundys and several other occupiers — including Kenneth Medenbach, Pete Santilli, Jason Patrick, Blaine Cooper and Ryan Payne — said they should have more access to the jail’s law library, discovery materials, office supplies and religious underwear.”​

More, with link to Court Document. Admittedly, I have wondered about their underwear.

http://res.cloudinary.com/bdy4ger4/image/upload/v1464136577/merged_59329_-1-1464129984_mysimx.pdf

I wondered about the underwear too.

They might have a legitimate complaint - I don't know what the conditions are - but it seems ironic they were willing to camp in the wilderness and poop in a ditch but are now complaining about life in jail.

Lol I.B & Blue, worrying about their underwear.

I know, religious underwear but still. Made me laugh.

The things their minds can concoct are absurd. The world they live in is scary to me.

This is significant news:

Ammon Bundy retains new lawyer, former Utah State Rep. J. Morgan Philpot from Molalla

Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on May 26, 2016 at 12:00 AM, updated May 26, 2016 at 12:47 AM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/05/ammon_bundy_retains_new_lawyer.html

“Ammon Bundy, the leader of the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, has retained a new lawyer, J. Morgan Philpot, a former Utah state representative who was born in Molalla, Oregon.

Late Wednesday, Eugene-based attorney Mike Arnold, who was retained by Bundy after his Jan. 26 arrest, filed a notice of "substitution of counsel,'' for Philpot.

"He is intimately familiar with the land use issues central to the Malheur protest,'' Arnold said in a prepared statement.”

Arnold has been an outspoken advocate and defender of Bundy. His courthouse step pronouncements and social media postings drew complaints to the Oregon State Bar about his legal tactics. Most have been dismissed, except for a couple pending that question his use of social media and crowdsourcing to help with discovery of evidence in the case.

"Morgan's entrance into this case is a positive step forward and does not diminish our belief in the protestors or this case. We believe in Ammon Bundy. He is a thoughtful and courageous man, a wonderful client and now a friend,'' Arnold said.”​

More.

Philpot is currently running for Utah State Senator from the 14th District. He previously ran unsucessfully for Congress in 2010 and for Utah Governor in 2011.

I am looking for previous cases he has handled and thus far found this from Salt Lake Tribune:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3937494-155/ammon-bundy-hires-utahs-morgan-philpot

“Philpot has represented retiring State Sen. Alvin Jackson in a debt collection case, and prominent Utah gun advocate Clark Aposhian in a domestic violence case in Holladay.

Philpot is the latest Utah tie with the Malheur occupiers. Bundy's co-defendants include his brother Ryan, who ranches in southwest Utah, as well as Shauna Cox, of Kanab, and Wesley Kjar, a 32-year-old Manti native who lives in Salt Lake City.”​

More, with link to Court Document. Admittedly, I have wondered about their underwear.

I wonder how they are able to determine whether or not any piece of underwear prays, follows religious rituals, observes holy days, or attends a church, temple, or mosque. The stuff I wear (only SAXX brand, of course) seems capable only of being worn and washed.

In his run for State Senate, Philpot lists as his experience:

Professional Experience
New Accounts Sales/Product Development Manager, Industrial Gasket Company
In-House Legal Counsel
Consultant, present
Clerk, Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff

https://votesmart.org/candidate/biography/50402/morgan-philpot#.V0eTPZBHarU

An article about Shurtleff from 2015:

Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not guilty to public corruption charges
By Dennis Romboy, Deseret News
Published: Monday, June 29 2015 10:15 a.m. MDT

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ilty-to-public-corruption-charges.html?pg=all

Philpot and Law School, etc. from a 2010 article:

“In 2004, Morgan chose to leave the legislature and attend the Ave Maria School of Law, a school dedicated to life, the rule of law, and the U.S. Constitution. While there, he was privileged to learn from such influential minds as Judge Robert Bork and Charles Rice.

Upon completion of law school Morgan clerked for Utah’s Attorney General Mark Shurtleff. Morgan served as the in-house legal counsel for a Utah business for two years and is now a consultant with a private company in Sandy.”

http://thegoateskids.blogspot.com/2010/07/morgan-philpot-utah-2nd-districts-next.html

As of 2014, Ave Marie which moved from Michigan to Florida was considered a Tier 4 school, and very Catholic. I can't find evidence of alot of courtroom trial experience on the part of Philpot.

Narcissism reigns supreme

Me me me and more me. .

I wondered about the underwear too.

They might have a legitimate complaint - I don't know what the conditions are - but it seems ironic they were willing to camp in the wilderness and poop in a ditch but are now complaining about life in jail.
I can see if when the were booked into jail they were wearing them they might have a legitimate complaint, but if they were booked into jail in regular under garments I think it is just something else for them to complain about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back