OR - PRESIDENTIAL PARDON - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wondered about the underwear too.

They might have a legitimate complaint - I don't know what the conditions are - but it seems ironic they were willing to camp in the wilderness and poop in a ditch but are now complaining about life in jail.

Mormons, take their underwear serious.

For the record, I don’t see anything about guns in that article, or the linked articles. Most of their requests seem to be pretty reasonable. Some of the requests have already been granted.
From the article: "My second amendment rights are being violated."

For the record, I don’t see anything about guns in that article, or the linked articles. Most of their requests seem to be pretty reasonable. Some of the requests have already been granted.

The reference is in the end of the article.
My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right.”

Just so we’re clear, Ryan Bundy is currently incarcerated. And while it’s true that prisoners don’t forfeit all of the civil liberties while they’re wards of the state, jails tend to frown on prisoners having access to firearms.
Bundy doesn’t have to “waive” his Second Amendment rights in order for the corrections department to disarm him. He’s convinced his Second Amendment rights “are being violated,” which is true. That’s what happens to people in jail.

“My rights are being violated,” he said. “My right to life is being violated. All of my First Amendment rights are being violated. My right to freedom of religion is being violated. My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right.”

I love how he thinks you have to waive your right in order for it to be taken away. Like you go to jail and unless you say "I don't want my gun" you should be allowed to keep it.

Seriously, where did they get their education? Did they attend school?

The reference is in the end of the article.

OK, thanks, I was speed reading it for “guns”. That sounds like he is just throwing everything and the kitchen sink in there. It also sounds like some of their mumble jumble, where they keep stating over and over that they are not giving up any of their rights. Like somehow their saying it, changes something.

I love how he thinks you have to waive your right in order for it to be taken away. Like you go to jail and unless you say "I don't want my gun" you should be allowed to keep it.

They are so delusional, that it is almost funny.

So stupid it's hilarious!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:They probably didn't even allow that in the Wild West. Prisoners would just shoot their way out of custody. His rights got waived for him when he broke the law.

So stupid it's hilarious!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:They probably didn't even allow that in the Wild West. Prisoners would just shoot their way out of custody. His rights got waived for him when he broke the law.

These are the same people who think an American flag with gold fringe means they're being tried in maritime court. Not the brightest bunch.

These are the same people who think an American flag with gold fringe means they're being tried in maritime court. Not the brightest bunch.

I wonder if he thinks he gets to vote in the Presidential election??? Those rights are violated too.

With this particular mind set it doesnt matter if its true or even rational.
If you want it to be true badly enough and repeat it as often as possible with conviction as if it were established fact so the not very bright will take it as fact at face value it is enough.
Which is one of the reasons any form of rational debate with such folks is nigh impossible.
Opinion they want to hear is fact and facts they dont want to hear is easily dismissed as opinion.

Gun-Toting, Bundy-Defending Nevada GOPer Loses Congressional Race

“Colorful Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R), who is known for her fervent advocacy for gun rights and distrust of federal government agencies, lost her bid to join the U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday.

Fiore came in a distant third place with 18 percent of the vote in the state's 3rd Congressional district.”​

More...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-fiore-loses-nevada-congressional-race

I haven't been following the Malhuer case that closely lately so I am a little behind on who the new lawyers are.
One of them is Marcus Mumford. Here is an article on him:

‘Stuttering lawyer’ alumnus speaks out
October 31st, 2010 Posted in Arts and Life
Story by Alex Thatcher

http://hardnewscafe.usu.edu/?p=3003

“LOGAN—For someone who has struggled all his life with stuttering, Utah State alumnus Marcus Mumford had no problem expressing himself Friday to an audience of about 150 students and faculty at the David B. Haight Alumni Center.

Mumford, “the stuttering lawyer,” captivated the audience with his life story of coping with stuttering, particularly during his law career. The 1996 USU philosophy graduate and Salt Lake City attorney was on campus as part of the College of Humanities & Social Sciences’ Alumni Lecture Series.

Mumford, who grew up on an Idaho dairy farm, was diagnosed with stuttering as a 4-year-old. His parents didn’t show much sympathy, he said, and once sent him out to sell Boy Scout cookies. “I came home without selling one cookie,” he said. “I hardly even managed to get a word out. But my mom was gutsy and she made me go right back out and try selling again. The second time, I sold them all. This was the first step I took in my life toward becoming one who acts and is not just acted upon.”

Mumford used a cartoon of three different baseball umpires to illustrate the larger issues underlying his message. The first umpire says, “I call ’em as they are.” The second: “I call ’em as I see ’em.” And the third says, “They ain’t nothing’ ‘till I call ’em.”

There are very few things in life that are unchangeable and can be considered absolute truth, Mumford explained. There are few things that are “as they are.”

“Everything else is left for us to interpret,” said Mumford. “I call this the ‘Philosophy of Science.’””​

More...

Gun-Toting, Bundy-Defending Nevada GOPer Loses Congressional Race
“Colorful Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R), who is known for her fervent advocacy for gun rights and distrust of federal government agencies, lost her bid to join the U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday.

Fiore came in a distant third place with 18 percent of the vote in the state's 3rd Congressional district.”​

More...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-fiore-loses-nevada-congressional-race
:happydance: Now that makes me almost as happy as Hillary's nomination!!! Take that occupiers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hallowed_disaster164
Back