OR - Public health emergency declared over measles anti-vax hotspot near Portland and NY, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't think this would stand up in court. However, many are prosecuted for assault when they knowing transmit HIV or STD.
If someone knowingly transmits measles, I can see that as a crime. But just because someone isn't vaccinated doesn't mean they have the disease. But they do know they are not vaccinated and COULD transmit....it's complicated!

Complications solved by getting the vaccine, of course. But how best to get there....

jmo

If someone knowingly transmits measles, I can see that as a crime. But just because someone isn't vaccinated doesn't mean they have the disease. But they do know they are not vaccinated and COULD transmit....it's complicated!

Complications solved by getting the vaccine, of course. But how best to get there....

jmo

Measles have a 48 hour incubation period, so .... If my child has measles AFTER a child whom she has played with developed measles it could be possible.

I don't know what the solution is. But the ant vac folks spend a lot of money to protect their rights. I guess when in doubt just stay home and keep infants from being exposed.JMO

I apologize if this is mentioned upthread. For those who may be concerned vaccines they received years ago may not be effective you can ask your medical provider about titres. They can check blood for antibodies to see if one needs to be revaccinated. Years ago health care providers were informed people vaccinated in a certain time frame may not have had an effective dose. I had a titre drawn and needed MMR revax. In light of these outbreaks and the mumps in Philadelphia (which may spread, college students go home for break) can't hurt to know.

I apologize if this is mentioned upthread. For those who may be concerned vaccines they received years ago may not be effective you can ask your medical provider about titres. They can check blood for antibodies to see if one needs to be revaccinated. Years ago health care providers were informed people vaccinated in a certain time frame may not have had an effective dose. I had a titre drawn and needed MMR revax. In light of these outbreaks and the mumps in Philadelphia (which may spread, college students go home for break) can't hurt to know.

I saw this on TV yesterday, as I was getting ready for granddaughters band concert.

Low and behold, every kids in the auditorium was coughing and hacking. I moved twice, all I could think of was, wonder who's not been vaccinated.

You can bet I'll be getting a booster.

Useful info. Worth repeating.

jmo

I do not like name-calling, even when I agree with the overall message! Meghan McCain re-tweeted a tweet by Jake Tapper and added her own message:

Meghan McCain

✔@MeghanMcCain

Dear anti-vaxers, your stupidity and arrogance are putting the lives of children in danger! It is nothing short of abominable.

Jake Tapper
✔@jaketapper
Measles: This baby caught it because of anti-vaxers https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/health/measles-israeli-baby-us-caution/index.html …

As I said, I agree with her! I just don't agree with the delivery. But....it's the way we do things now in USA: call each other names.

jmo

I was also vaccinated with an ineffective MMR vaccine years ago and did have a titre done, also needed MMR re-vax. Glad my doctor brought up the subject because I really haven't thought about it in years.

Anti-vax parents lose in NY court, face steep fines for not vaccinating

Interesting. The judge went against the parents here. I don't really see the logic here though, if the parents pay the fine, the children are still at risk.

I read a very sad article about a 12 year old girl who died from the flu. Easily avoidable. Her Mother just didn't believe in flu shots.

I do not like name-calling, even when I agree with the overall message! Meghan McCain re-tweeted a tweet by Jake Tapper and added her own message:

Meghan McCain

✔@MeghanMcCain

Dear anti-vaxers, your stupidity and arrogance are putting the lives of children in danger! It is nothing short of abominable.

Jake Tapper
✔@jaketapper
Measles: This baby caught it because of anti-vaxers https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/health/measles-israeli-baby-us-caution/index.html …

As I said, I agree with her! I just don't agree with the delivery. But....it's the way we do things now in USA: call each other names.

jmo

I can relate to her frustration. Facts don’t matter. Severe issues with children who contract the illnesses do not matter.

They are putting everyone at risk.

I have anti vaxxers on my FB. They think we are stupid sheeples.

Here we go again, whopping cough out break in CA.
This is really scary. The airway swells and closes up, if you delay treatment.

Baby boy in California dies from whooping cough and officials urge pregnant women to get vaccinated | Daily Mail Online

The Orange County Health Care Agency said that in 2018, 171 cases of whooping cough were reported, eight of which were among infants under three months old.
Seven of those eight infants had to be hospitalized.

Usually, whooping cough is reported in singular cases. However, several California counties reported school-wide outbreaks this year.

The Los Angeles Times reported that nearly 50 students at the prestigious Harvard-Westlake School fell ill with whooping cough, part of a larger outbreak in the LA-area.

And, just 100 miles south, officials in San Diego County have confirmed at least 70 cases of pertussis, according to KGTV.

Here we go again, whopping cough out break in CA.
This is really scary. The airway swells and closes up, if you delay treatment.

Baby boy in California dies from whooping cough and officials urge pregnant women to get vaccinated | Daily Mail Online

The Orange County Health Care Agency said that in 2018, 171 cases of whooping cough were reported, eight of which were among infants under three months old.
Seven of those eight infants had to be hospitalized.

Usually, whooping cough is reported in singular cases. However, several California counties reported school-wide outbreaks this year.

The Los Angeles Times reported that nearly 50 students at the prestigious Harvard-Westlake School fell ill with whooping cough, part of a larger outbreak in the LA-area.

And, just 100 miles south, officials in San Diego County have confirmed at least 70 cases of pertussis, according to KGTV.
Whopping cough, aka pertussis, can be prevented by a vaccine. I know that's probably obvious, given the topic of the thread, but just putting it out there in case anyone wonders. It's a vaccine that is part of the regular line-up that kids get.

jmo

Whopping cough, aka pertussis, can be prevented by a vaccine. I know that's probably obvious, given the topic of the thread, but just putting it out there in case anyone wonders. It's a vaccine that is part of the regular line-up that kids get.

jmo

Thanks, for mentioning the vaccination for whopping cough!!! We had an outbreak in my community 2 years ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back