OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/I]
There are a couple of signs on the gate to Steohanie's property that say something like "Smile! You're on camera." But I did not see any obvious cameras. Perhaps Dicentra knows.[/I]
Steph put that up to keep intruders out; unfortunately, there weren't any camera's there.

We have not been given a timeline. The last time she was actually seen is supposed to have been around noon July 4 in Ashland. Dicentra has mentioned a late afternoon stop at a store. She hasn't said where it is or how she knows. We don't know where Stephanie was before stopping at the store. Ames said they parted at the Ruch store around 5:00 but to my knowledge that has never been verified.
The head of the Jackson County Fuel Committee (JCFC) says Stephanie left the booth with POI, son, son's GF/wife around 3:30pm, at POI's urgent insistence. Steph wanted to remain at the booth and POI insisted so she gave in, but NOT gracefully; there are witnesses (booth volunteers for JCFC) who observed the interactions between them. Steph was driving her SUV - we know that because the three witnesses stated they SAW her arrive with POI, son and GF/wife, and leave with the same group, that Steph was driving. Son and POI both told me that son & GF/Wife were dropped off somewhere in Ashland, which makes sense to me because they were renting a room in a home near the college at the time and GF/Wife wasn't allowed on Stephanie's property due to her recent, violent behaviors toward Steph. Please forgive me for not just giving out details; I needed to clear it with LE before I did so. The LAST PLACE Stephanie Ann Warner was actually seen, was at STEWART MARKET, 1135 Lozier Ln, Medford, OR, on the Corner of Stewart and Losier Lane. We discovered the store when we went there tracking Stephanie's whereabouts, to see if we could gather any further information. When we questioned the store owner, she did say Stephanie had definitely been at the market on the 4th of July, that LE had viewed the video tapes and had gone through the receipts a few days prior to our visit at the market, but she didn't have a clear recollection of the exact time Steph had been in the store, as it was a very busy day. She stated she felt Steph was in the store late afternoon/early evening. Stewart store is right on the way to Ruch and the main route Steph took home from Ashland-Talent areas.

Although we've been told that Stephanie's off-road SUV was used from late evening to early morning July 4-5, we've never been told the length of time from start to stop (back at her house) or the start and stop times. That would help a lot, although we don't know the starting point. It may not have been her house if they detoured up into the mountains on the way home. We assume LE has this info because Stephanie's car had an alcohol monitor she had to blow into for the car to start.
I'll ask LE for these times and see if they are willing to give more information at this point in time; I know the county doesn't have the funding to spend more time doing what we're doing ;)

There has never been any request for the public to help with a search. There were some SAR searches, but nothing organized by her friends that I know of. How is that done? Not volunteering, just curious.
To my knowledge, there were no requests made for public search parties, however, her friends DID organize a pretty detailed search with people who KNOW the area(s) systematically searching the waterways, hiking trails, etc.

I agree that POI has probably returned at some point to where Stephanie is, if he knows.

I completely agree with you two, he's into control so it makes sense that he would have visited the site, even if just to make sure other's haven't.

Dicentra, I'm taking the liberty of separating your answers to my questions so it's easier to read. The whole quote thing is messy sometimes. :) I will put your answers in italics and a little larger.

Thanks for checking with LE about answering some of these questions. That was wise, since we don't want to step on their toes or hinder their efforts in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilibet
There are a couple of signs on the gate to Steohanie's property that say something like "Smile! You're on camera." But I did not see any obvious cameras. Perhaps Dicentra knows.

Steph put that up to keep intruders out; unfortunately, there weren't any camera's there.

We have not been given a timeline. The last time she was actually seen is supposed to have been around noon July 4 in Ashland. Dicentra has mentioned a late afternoon stop at a store. She hasn't said where it is or how she knows. We don't know where Stephanie was before stopping at the store. Ames said they parted at the Ruch store around 5:00 but to my knowledge that has never been verified.

The head of the Jackson County Fuel Committee (JCFC) says Stephanie left the booth with POI, son, son's GF/wife around 3:30pm, at POI's urgent insistence. Steph wanted to remain at the booth and POI insisted so she gave in, but NOT gracefully; there are witnesses (booth volunteers for JCFC) who observed the interactions between them. Steph was driving her SUV - we know that because the three witnesses stated they SAW her arrive with POI, son and GF/wife, and leave with the same group, that Steph was driving. Son and POI both told me that son & GF/Wife were dropped off somewhere in Ashland, which makes sense to me because they were renting a room in a home near the college at the time and GF/Wife wasn't allowed on Stephanie's property due to her recent, violent behaviors toward Steph.

Please forgive me for not just giving out details; I needed to clear it with LE before I did so. The LAST PLACE Stephanie Ann Warner was actually seen, was at STEWART MARKET, 1135 Lozier Ln, Medford, OR, on the Corner of Stewart and Losier Lane. We discovered the store when we went there tracking Stephanie's whereabouts, to see if we could gather any further information. When we questioned the store owner, she did say Stephanie had definitely been at the market on the 4th of July, that LE had viewed the video tapes and had gone through the receipts a few days prior to our visit at the market, but she didn't have a clear recollection of the exact time Steph had been in the store, as it was a very busy day. She stated she felt Steph was in the store late afternoon/early evening. Stewart store is right on the way to Ruch and the main route Steph took home from Ashland-Talent areas.

Although we've been told that Stephanie's off-road SUV was used from late evening to early morning July 4-5, we've never been told the length of time from start to stop (back at her house) or the start and stop times. That would help a lot, although we don't know the starting point. It may not have been her house if they detoured up into the mountains on the way home. We assume LE has this info because Stephanie's car had an alcohol monitor she had to blow into for the car to start.

I'll ask LE for these times and see if they are willing to give more information at this point in time; I know the county doesn't have the funding to spend more time doing what we're doing

There has never been any request for the public to help with a search. There were some SAR searches, but nothing organized by her friends that I know of. How is that done? Not volunteering, just curious.

To my knowledge, there were no requests made for public search parties, however, her friends DID organize a pretty detailed search with people who KNOW the area(s) systematically searching the waterways, hiking trails, etc.

I agree that POI has probably returned at some point to where Stephanie is, if he knows.

I completely agree with you two, he's into control so it makes sense that he would have visited the site, even if just to make sure other's haven't.

We now know that Stephanie left the Fuel Committee booth in Lithia Park with Ames, his son and dil about 3:30.

It's likely that her SUV was parked near the start of the parade route at Triangle Park, on Siskiyou Blvd near Liberty St. The parade ends downtown near Lithia Park. I'm not sure what happens to all the floats at that point. If her car had remained near the starting location of the parade, they would have had to walk to the car from Lithia Park, which might take 20 minutes or more. Then son and dil might have been driven home, or dropped along Siskiyou Blvd. near the university...another 5-10 minutes or more. So Stephanie and Ames probably didn't actually leave Ashland until 4:00 pm or even later.

By the time they either drove out to the south Ashland freeway interchange on Hwy 66 or drove through Ashland to the north freeway entrance on Valley View Rd they would use at least 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. It would be at least another 15 minutes to the store on Stewart. If they stayed on Hwy 99 all the way, it could be a little longer. In any case, the earliest they could have arrived at the Stewart Market would be 4:30, but it was probably later, especially if there were any other stops (gas, restroom). Did they buy snacks or picnic supplies and beer and plan to stop somewhere to wind down?

Ruch is 14 miles from Medford. We took that route Friday on our way home and passed that market. I'm not sure how long it took, but I would think at least 20 minutes. These are two lane rural roads.

However, if they didn't go back to Ruch, they could have gotten over onto Griffin Creek Rd off South Stage Rd before getting too far out of Medford. That winds up into the mountains and eventually connects with Sterling Creek Rd. Or, they could have taken Sterling Creek Rd out of Jacksonville. You can go just about anywhere once you're on Sterling Creek, as far as I can tell. I'm throwing these names out there for mappers.

This is why it's so important to know the start and stop times after leaving Ashland. It's possible there was a long drive into the mountains, a long stop and a long drive back to Stephanie's where the SUV was found out of place on Sunday by Dicentra.

I don't think she was wanting to picnic; she would have been thinking about her cat and that she needed her medicine (only TWO doses were given, one dose on the second, one dose on the third). She would probably have bought beer at the store and I know how hard she'd worked on the parade (organization; decorations; logistics), so I know she must have been exhausted BEFORE she walked beside the float in the parade route, then manned the information booth at Lithia Park, following the parade. She was annoyed at being forced to leave the booth (she wanted to help shut the booth down and help pack and clean up), so she was both annoyed and exhausted; NOT a good combination for anyone.

When I went to the house on Sunday (before anyone else had been there but POI), I opened the fridge and saw the cat medicine, the level of the cat medicine and 10 beers. If she'd been playing poker on-line, she would have been drinking those beers. Given the untouched 10 beers, the cat medicine and the fact that she didn't call me or her Mama, I strongly suspect that she was NOT the one signed in to her facebook playing poker that night.

POI and his son were never apart. They are VERY connected; where one goes, the other is not far behind, for any length of time. They rely on one another for everything. POI is not in good shape physically. He has a variety of illnesses and is physically weak. POI had his son trained in the Martial Arts and HE is the physically fit, physically strong one of the duo. Sissy used to tell me that it creeped her out that son could walk up the steps to her bedroom and she wouldn't even hear him, that LE had him on some sort of "danger list" because his hands were considered lethal weapons.

That LE had him on some sort of "danger list" because his hands were considered lethal weapons.

Hi, Dicentra-I am not nitpicking, just noting that there is really no such thing I believe. Oregon has concealed carry laws, but to my knowledge martial arts skills and the use of deadly force only comes into play (typically) in a court room. Let's say that the POI in the disappearance of Believe09 had a daughter who was skilled in martial arts and Believe's body was found with injuries consistent with a martial arts attack. It would be up to the daughter to prove that her encounter with Believe09 allowed for the use of deadly force-the chances are pretty good that the daughter's martial arts skills would cause the law to look at her as being more likely to have outmatched her opponent unless Believe09 had something like a gun.

I don't know the case as well as the rest of you and I appreciate Dicentra's hard work at raising awareness for her friend. At first blush I see a lot of resources being spent on this case and a lot of jurisdictions in play here. I would expect that, given who the POI is.

FWIW, the law requires any and all law enforcement to take a MP report and actively investigate it with no waiting period. This is regardless of whether or not the person is a child or an adult. Hopefully, LE has requested a FRS of DNA to be processed and entered into CODIS. In the event that Stephanie cannot speak for herself and she is found, dental records, fingerprints and DNA will help to identify her.

Dicentra, do you know if the family has been swabbed for DNA? The last time I looked at her NAMUS listing, I didn't see a note for processing. TIA...

BBM

POI and his son were never apart. They are VERY connected; where one goes, the other is not far behind, for any length of time. They rely on one another for everything. POI is not in good shape physically. He has a variety of illnesses and is physically weak. POI had his son trained in the Martial Arts and HE is the physically fit, physically strong one of the duo. Sissy used to tell me that it creeped her out that son could walk up the steps to her bedroom and she wouldn't even hear him, that LE had him on some sort of "danger list" because his hands were considered lethal weapons.

I have heard this before. Nearly always, I have to say, from people who have studied martial arts and have problems with confidence, coupled with a contradictory sense of arrogance and boastfullness that makes me uneasy. :(

It struck me as odd that Ames had his son present in the media interview with him. And his son seemed nervous and ill at ease. Maybe feeling weighed down or burdened with something?

I'd be interested to know if Ames is keeping his son very close now, and even more interested if there has been any sort of rift between them. I wonder too, how any women in the close circle of Ames feel about him being declared a POI in the disappearance of a woman? I've tried to imagine it but I can't, because I know I'd be at least 500 miles in the opposite direction. But then, I'm the nervous type.

This man has just been found guilty over repeated, long term shannigans with quit claims on property etc, in OC.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hanloh-533897-real-county.html

This old article from 2010 explains how he did it and, interestingly, how he defended his actions by portraying himself as a little guy up against big brother authorities and banks. In fact, he was just taking advantage of the poor people he rented to. I don't know if it may shed any light on what may have been planned for Stephanie's house.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-245178--.html

Hi, Dicentra-I am not nitpicking, just noting that there is really no such thing I believe. Oregon has concealed carry laws, but to my knowledge martial arts skills and the use of deadly force only comes into play (typically) in a court room. Let's say that the POI in the disappearance of Believe09 had a daughter who was skilled in martial arts and Believe's body was found with injuries consistent with a martial arts attack. It would be up to the daughter to prove that her encounter with Believe09 allowed for the use of deadly force-the chances are pretty good that the daughter's martial arts skills would cause the law to look at her as being more likely to have outmatched her opponent unless Believe09 had something like a gun.

I DO appreciate your clarification; I am still unschooled as to what constitutes the details, but I'm on a steep learning curve!

I don't know the case as well as the rest of you and I appreciate Dicentra's hard work at raising awareness for her friend. At first blush I see a lot of resources being spent on this case and a lot of jurisdictions in play here. I would expect that, given who the POI is.

FWIW, the law requires any and all law enforcement to take a MP report and actively investigate it with no waiting period. This is regardless of whether or not the person is a child or an adult. Hopefully, LE has requested a FRS of DNA to be processed and entered into CODIS. In the event that Stephanie cannot speak for herself and she is found, dental records, fingerprints and DNA will help to identify her.

Dicentra, do you know if the family has been swabbed for DNA? The last time I looked at her NAMUS listing, I didn't see a note for processing. TIA...
I do understand that LE requested DNA swabs from a couple of members of Stephanie's immediate family, but that information came from another source other than LE, so I'll contact him directly and see if he feels it's OK to confirm/clarify this information.

I'm going to try looking at some maps. I'll probably be hopeless, but I'm still going to try.

BBM
I have heard this before. Nearly always, I have to say, from people who have studied martial arts and have problems with confidence, coupled with a contradictory sense of arrogance and boastfullness that makes me uneasy. :(

It struck me as odd that Ames had his son present in the media interview with him. And his son seemed nervous and ill at ease. Maybe feeling weighed down or burdened with something?

I'd be interested to know if Ames is keeping his son very close now, and even more interested if there has been any sort of rift between them. I wonder too, how any women in the close circle of Ames feel about him being declared a POI in the disappearance of a woman? I've tried to imagine it but I can't, because I know I'd be at least 500 miles in the opposite direction. But then, I'm the nervous type.

That's a very astute observation about personality, Zwiebel. IMO

What was interesting in the original 2 minute interview July 23 on KOBI 5 was that the son did most of the talking. He was very high-strung and animated, to the extent that I thought HE was the boyfriend until I played it back. POI sat with his arms folded across his chest and spoke very little, and unemotionally. They tried then, as they are still doing, to point the finger at Stephanie's neighbor and ex bf.

My sense from social media is that they are still close, in the Salem/Silverton area where POI has two exes and at least one other son (perhaps more and perhaps daughters). I may be skating close to the edge of WS rules here, but one ex went from making supportive comments on MSM articles about POI, to begging son to tell what he knows, but now may have veered back to supporting POI. JMO/Rumor

I'd run in the opposite direction too. I don't understand the hold he has on women--charm, fear, brainwashing or all of these?

This man has just been found guilty over repeated, long term shannigans with quit claims on property etc, in OC.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hanloh-533897-real-county.html

This old article from 2010 explains how he did it and, interestingly, how he defended his actions by portraying himself as a little guy up against big brother authorities and banks. In fact, he was just taking advantage of the poor people he rented to. I don't know if it may shed any light on what may have been planned for Stephanie's house.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-245178--.html

I think this sheds a lot of light on what may have been planned for Stephanie's property. It amazes me that people have the amorality to do this kind of thing, and then act like they're a modern day Robin Hood. Give me a break!

Thinking positive thoughts for Stephanie tonite... Listening to wwoz for the first time in a while. I had had a fleeting thought, a guess really, that Stephanie listened now and then, too. I think about her at random moments, often, these days.

That's a very astute observation about personality, Zwiebel. IMO

What was interesting in the original 2 minute interview July 23 on KOBI 5 was that the son did most of the talking. He was very high-strung and animated, to the extent that I thought HE was the boyfriend until I played it back. POI sat with his arms folded across his chest and spoke very little, and unemotionally. They tried then, as they are still doing, to point the finger at Stephanie's neighbor and ex bf.

My sense from social media is that they are still close, in the Salem/Silverton area where POI has two exes and at least one other son (perhaps more and perhaps daughters). I may be skating close to the edge of WS rules here, but one ex went from making supportive comments on MSM articles about POI, to begging son to tell what he knows, but now may have veered back to supporting POI. JMO/Rumor

I'd run in the opposite direction too. I don't understand the hold he has on women--charm, fear, brainwashing or all of these?

I'd say "all of the above." Stephanie really felt that she needed him and his expertise regarding the "end of the world" supplies, etc. He "fed" her a lot of that. I'd keep pushing her brain; do you REALLY want to live in a world that is so full of hate?" "How much of this is fear-based, how much is reality and how much is a mixture of the two?" Pushing Steph to look at what was REAL and not the poison she was being fed. She was actively discerning between balance and imbalance when she disappeared.

Four months ago today, Stephanie disappeared. She's on our minds daily. I'm sure she is on the minds of her family and friends and LE working her case.

I hope JCSO is closer to solving this now than they were a month ago.

I hope they will give us an update today.

I hope whoever did this to her or knows something is closer to cracking than they were a month ago.

I hope someone involved has a conscience.

I hope the media will start investigating and keep this story alive.

I hope we can keep this thread active for Stephanie.

Above all, I hope Stephanie will be found soon.

I don't think any of this is too much to hope for.

Checking in and catching up on Stephanie....

Great sleuthing guys and I pray your efforts will bring Stephanie home. My heart just aches to think about her still being out there somewhere.

:please: oh :please: let something be found that ends this not knowing!!

I'd say "all of the above." Stephanie really felt that she needed him and his expertise regarding the "end of the world" supplies, etc. He "fed" her a lot of that. I'd keep pushing her brain; do you REALLY want to live in a world that is so full of hate?" "How much of this is fear-based, how much is reality and how much is a mixture of the two?" Pushing Steph to look at what was REAL and not the poison she was being fed. She was actively discerning between balance and imbalance when she disappeared.

Oh, that's so sad. Because when the 'end of the world' hit our town (floods) it wasn't supplies that made it all bearable. It was nice people. Everyone sharing, helping and working together. I recall seeing two volunteer firefighters and a lady on a BICYCLE, wading through waist high water, to check on an old man - who in turn was out there in waders, checking on his animals. Food supplies continued because everyone helped keep the roads clear so the trucks could get in. Those working were fed for free of course. Those who could not get their own food, got fed by others.

I can't help feeling that whatever may have influenced Stephanie, in any hour of need she'd have been out there helping others, not herself; sharing any supplies anyone had persuaded her to hoard. I don't think it was in her nature to behave otherwise.

I can't help feeling that whatever may have influenced Stephanie, in any hour of need she'd have been out there helping others, not herself; sharing any supplies anyone had persuaded her to hoard. I don't think it was in her nature to behave otherwise.

The thanks button just wasn't enough, Zwiebel. I had to come back and say how beautiful this is.

I want you to know that I never thought Sissy would hoard for herself. She didn't covet "stuff." She would have given you anything you asked for - she was always worried about other people; were they warm, did they have enough to eat, did they need medicine? She was one of the most selfless people I have ever had the honor of knowing. The things that were dear to her heart weren't tangible. People and animals were her focus; not things. I believed she bought POI's horror stories about the government and she was worried for those of us she loved. She would never have hoarded for herself; she would have stockpiled for the people she loved, believing that we might be at risk and that we might need her help when "everything fell to pieces." If disaster struck, Steph would have been on the front lines, taking care of people, nurturing, loving and helping those who were suffering.

I awoke this morning achingly aware that today was the 4th... another 4th. I am holding hope. Hope that our dear Stephanie will return to us. I wish I could hear her laugh - I wish all of you who did not know her before she disappeared could hear it. Stephanie's laugh was bubbling, effervescent, joy! I loved coming home to hear her laughter echo off the walls as I walked in my back door. It breaks my heart to think I'll never hear that laugh again...

I awoke this morning achingly aware that today was the 4th... another 4th. I am holding hope. Hope that our dear Stephanie will return to us. I wish I could hear her laugh - I wish all of you who did not know her before she disappeared could hear it. Stephanie's laugh was bubbling, effervescent, joy! I loved coming home to hear her laughter echo off the walls as I walked in my back door. It breaks my heart to think I'll never hear that laugh again...

Dicentra please don't give up hope! Keep that thought of her laughing and smiling in your heart and hopefully you will hear it again! Sending hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi