OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about that case above, but just from reading the article, it looks like the accused brought suspicion upon herself, through some sort of alleged id theft or fraud?

I don't know anything about that case above, but just from reading the article, it looks like the accused brought suspicion upon herself, through some sort of alleged id theft or fraud?

She was using her victim's Oregon Trail (food stamp) card, starting around the time his family had stopped hearing from him. She is a really creepy woman!

“On January 1st of this year, we received a missing person report. Family members of Robert Harry Haney had reported they hadn’t seen or heard from him in a few months,” said Jackson County Sheriff’s Detective Julie Denney.
The investigation by the sheriff’s office led them to an address in Rogue River. Initially, they wanted to question 65-year-old Susan Monica on charges of identity theft. It was then they found much more.
“While serving a search warrant for identity theft, at Susan Monica’s property on Friday, we discovered evidence of human remains,” said Det. Denney.
Officials are still awaiting results from the medical examiner, but they said Robert Haney was living in a camper on Monica’s twenty acre property at the time of the September 9th murder. Officials said it was about that time that Monica began using Haney’s Oregon Trail card. A second set of human remains was found, and while investigators work on identifying that person, they believe that homicide took place in August of 2012.

http://www.kdrv.com/murder-investigation-continues-2/

Here are some of the other stories about this. The family of the second victim identified explains why they didn't report him missing. Basically, he didn't keep in touch, and moved around a lot.

http://www.kdrv.com/tag/susan-monica/

Hi, Everyone---Just checking in. I hope you are all well... So, sorry to see no new news reported. 11 months tomorrow. :(

Hi, Everyone---Just checking in. I hope you are all well... So, sorry to see no new news reported. 11 months tomorrow. :(

Thanks for the reminder! I've been so busy I forgot what day it is. :scared:
But Stephanie is in my thoughts daily.

I hope you're well too. :)

Stephanie's case haunts me in the evening and night hours. I guess that's Oregon day time though.

There is a story to be told in this case. One day it will be.

There really needs to be more searches and support for them, around the areas Stephanie might be. I've had an idea but need a little think. Hope I'll come up with something.

*My garden was full of butterflies again today (at least, before the rain). I think butterflies will always be associated in my mind with Stephanie now. I guess you could say I'll forget about Stephanie when there are no butterflies anymore. That would be this winter, where I live.

But I have made a safe place in my garden for my butterflies. I know where they are, all year, every year. :)

Stephanie's case haunts me in the evening and night hours. I guess that's Oregon day time though.

There is a story to be told in this case. One day it will be.

There really needs to be more searches and support for them, around the areas Stephanie might be. I've had an idea but need a little think. Hope I'll come up with something.

Zwiebel,

The story does need to be told. Wish we could get Stephanie's story told on TV (Disappeared, Missing, etc.). There is enough to make a good episode and it would push her disappearance into the spotlight. There are so many questions. This July 4th would be a good time for more attention to the case. Can't wait to hear your idea. Love the butterflies. Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

One of my favorite books as a child was by Dr. Seuss, called "If I Ran the Zoo." It was about a little boy who was tired of the usual animals at the zoo. He talked about going to out-of-the-way places all over the world to capture fantastical animals for his zoo. Amazon.com: If I Ran the Zoo (Classic Seuss) (9780394800813): Dr. Seuss: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WAGSV9P2L.@@AMEPARAM@@51WAGSV9P2L

To this day many, many years later, when I wish things were being done differently, I say "Well, if I ran the zoo, here's what I'd do." :)

Since NOTHING new is happening in Stephanie's case that we know of, and we aren't inside the investigation, all we can do, as July 4 approaches, is hope that an investigative reporter will start asking hard questions of Sheriff Winters, Detective Henderson and D.A. Beth Heckert. Local reporters can't ask the really hard questions because they have to keep a good working relationship with LE.

But if I ran the zoo (newsroom), I'd take a survey to come up with a list of very specific questions for a reporter to put to Henderson, etc.

Here's your chance. What would YOU ask the powers that be about Stephanie's case? I'll start.

How long was Stephanie's car in use during the late night/early morning of July 4/5? Can you estimate how far it could have travelled? Have you examined soil and vegetation samples from the tires to narrow down the possibilities? Have you searched in those areas or are you planning to do so?

Keep 'em coming, WSers. Stephanie's family and friends need answers.

Through seeing the heartbreaking outcome of another recent case, which led one of our SAR professionals to remind everyone that searches should always, always start at the beginning....that's what I'd ask.

Was Stephanie's house and land fully searched, and nearby areas too, as far as possible?

Does LE have a clear and accurate timeline of July 4th/5th? Are they willing to share that timeline with the public?

Did the POI, his son and his daughter-in-law provide alibis for July 4/5 to LE? Can those be verified in any way?

Has LE re-interviewed these three people recently?

Does LE know the current whereabouts of these three people?

Was LE able to retrieve anything from Stephanie's computer?

Does LE have plans for any future searches?

My THANKS button doesn't seem to be working, but these are great questions!!!! :)

Zwiebel, IIRC a SAR dog was used on her property and the adjoining one on July 10. There was also a helicopter search along the river and a ground search. There was no evidence that she had left on foot. I'm not sure that the house was thoroughly searched until early September just before Ames and company took off up north. I believe his camp was searched in late August.

Another question: Is LE aware that Ames' son posted a selfie on his FB page July 5 AT STEPHANIE'S PLACE!!! He posed sans shirt holding an electric razor with a newly shaved head. What was he doing there July 5 if he and wifey had been dropped off near their place in Ashland after the parade. Just wondering.

I've been roaming through this thread looking for more questions I would ask Detective Henderson if I could. Here are a few I posted earlier, regarding questions that Ames has never answered publicly. Did Henderson ever ask Ames these questions. If so, what were the answers?

Where was he from July 4 until she was reported missing? Did he drive her car that night? Why did he not report her missing? Why was he not at the forefront looking for her?

In post #90 of this thread, Dicentra described digging by JCSO on Stephanie's property in mid-October that the neighbors told her about. She texted Henderson about it, but never heard back. Here are her questions.

Were they verifying the presence or lack of Gold in the soil? Were they searching for a body? Why were they digging out the larger of the two holes and not the smaller one?

Great catch Lilibet. I'd forgotten about that digging in October.

On what date did POI, his son and daughter-in-law start residing at Stephanie's house after she went missing? Why did they think that was acceptable to Stephanie? She was newly missing so did they have her permission to be there? Had they resided there before?

Sadly, I think Stephanie was no longer alive when they moved in but if those three people were not involved in her "disappearance", how did they know that Stephanie was OK with them immediately moving right into her home?

Another question: Is LE aware that Ames' son posted a selfie on his FB page July 5 AT STEPHANIE'S PLACE!!! He posed sans shirt holding an electric razor with a newly shaved head. What was he doing there July 5 if he and wifey had been dropped off near their place in Ashland after the parade. Just wondering.

Totally off topic of course, but I am following an English trial about a woman who has been missing since 2005. Prosecuted purely on the basis that the accused acted as if he knew she wasn't coming back. There's no other evidence at all.

I am really eager to see the verdict the jury brings in.

Great catch Lilibet. I'd forgotten about that digging in October.

On what date did POI, his son and daughter-in-law start residing at Stephanie's house after she went missing? Why did they think that was acceptable to Stephanie? She was newly missing so did they have her permission to be there? Had they resided there before?

Sadly, I think Stephanie was no longer alive when they moved in but if those three people were not involved in her "disappearance", how did they know that Stephanie was OK with them immediately moving right into her home?

BBM

Terrific questions! Those three people could not have known the coast was clear for them to move into Stephanie's unless they knew she wasn't coming back. In one of his three proxy videos maligning Stephanie, Dicentra and Websleuths, Ames claimed that he had a lease, which was missing when he returned to live at the house July 19. Last fall, we discussed here on WS that his "end game" was to work the system to live rent free on the property while he looked for gold. Once he had the lease, Stephanie was expendable IMO, especially if they were on the outs. Ames was well-known locally for squatting on private and public property.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=OW8cJ4-n3bU

We don't have a date they moved in, other than what is claimed in the video linked above, but it wasn't long after she disappeared. Ames and son were interviewed on her property July 23 and dil's mother arrived from Georgia around then. IMO she wouldn't have moved all the way out here if they weren't in the house. IIRC she left Georgia by car around the middle of July. As I mentioned in an earlier post, son posted a selfie on FB at Stephanie's on July 5, which I don't understand at all!

They had all lived there during the spring while they "mined for gold" on her property. According to Dicentra, they had all been kicked out by Stephanie. The dil had allegedly had a physical altercation with Stephanie that led to their eviction. According to FB posts I've seen, I think son and dil were living in a basement apartment in Ashland by early June. Stephanie was apparently trying to mend fences by late June, but there is no indication that they had permission to live at her house.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

According to Dicentra, Ames and crew moved into the house against the wishes of Stephanie's mom. He told people he was there to take care of her "babies" (animals) until she returned.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

IMO They are all amoral, sociopathic opportunists and parasites. It's a tragedy that Stephanie ever got mixed up with them.

IMO They are all amoral, sociopathic opportunists and parasites. It's a tragedy that Stephanie ever got mixed up with them.

Snipped for space by me. Lilibet I couldn't have said it better! I only have one question and that is WHY IS THIS CASE SO HUSH HUSHED!?!? LE from the beginning HUSHED the media, WHY? I remember in the beginning, I don't recall whether it was the media or LE, but someone said "this might be something bigger". What difference does it make if it is leading to something bigger or not, isn't MURDER BIG ENOUGH?
Ok, that was more than one question. Just wanted you to know Lilibet that I still read Stephanie's thread everyday. I may not chime in all the time, but I am here. :seeya:
It just sometimes is too frustrating to chime in when there is nothing to say except WHERE THE HECK IS STEPHANIE? Prayers being said for Stephanie's family and friends, it must be unbearable the "not knowing" where she is.

Snipped for space by me. Lilibet I couldn't have said it better! I only have one question and that is WHY IS THIS CASE SO HUSH HUSHED!?!? LE from the beginning HUSHED the media, WHY? I remember in the beginning, I don't recall whether it was the media or LE, but someone said "this might be something bigger". What difference does it make if it is leading to something bigger or not, isn't MURDER BIG ENOUGH?
Ok, that was more than one question. Just wanted you to know Lilibet that I still read Stephanie's thread everyday. I may not chime in all the time, but I am here. :seeya:
It just sometimes is too frustrating to chime in when there is nothing to say except WHERE THE HECK IS STEPHANIE? Prayers being said for Stephanie's family and friends, it must be unbearable the "not knowing" where she is.

I know you're here, Sad Eyes, and it means a lot. :loveyou:

Here is the quote July 23 when the media was asked to keep some things quiet.

NewsWatch 12 is complying with a Jackson County Sheriff’s Office request to avoid releasing additional details about the investigation for now.
The Sheriff’s office says making too much information public could put the search for Warner at risk. The sheriff’s office says they expect movement in the case in the coming days or weeks, and at that time coverage will continue into the situation.

http://www.kdrv.com/boyfriend-of-missing-woman-speaks-out/

I'm one of the ones here on WS who said that this might be "something bigger" when LE silence went on and on and on. I figured that the hush up may have meant that Stephanie's disappearance had revealed large scale criminal activity that they were pursuing along with looking for her. At that time, I hoped she was still alive, perhaps being held against her will. I thought it could be the large scale marijuana growers in the area, or some kind of militia group Ames might be involved in. This was even before Ames was named POI.

I couldn't bring myself to believe that LE would be so slow to release info that could allow the public to help unless there was "something bigger" going on that could endanger the community. I always try to give LE the benefit of the doubt as it's a tough job.

But as a year approaches, and Ames and company have disappeared, I don't understand any of this. I don't understand why Stephanie's family and friends were repeatedly silenced. I'd still like to think there was a good reason, but I just don't know why so many balls were seemingly dropped and why there has been so much silence. Except for Websleuths and a local reporter, Stephanie would be forgotten.

You're right. Murder IS big enough!! I would really like to ask Detective Henderson, Sheriff Winters, and DA Heckert if they want Stephanie to be forgotten!

While I was looking for news of another local unsolved murder, David Grubbs of Ashland, I ran across this somewhat critical article about that investigation in the local Ashland "Sneak Preview" from last October.

I particularly appreciate the comments by former Ashland Police Chief Mike Bianca about the disadvantage of total confidentiality in an investigation. Although confidentiality is necessary for the integrity of the investigation, he says that communication by the police with the public about information that will not jeopardize the investigation promotes a positive feeling within the community and encourages people to come forward to help the police. He comments that "more crimes are solved that way than by all the high-tech gizmos and high-priced experts in the world."

I agree. Stephanie's investigation certainly could have benefited from more communication early on.

Scroll to pages 39-40 after reading the front page.

http://www.sneakpre.com/Archives/Ash...-October13.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members