OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to watch the press conference re yesterdays terrorist attack on the DA building in Medford... It should be streaming live here within the half hour (10 a, Pacific)
http://www.ktvl.com/news/features/live/

ps---ot--I lived in VA, they had state liquor stores... In Louisiana however, you can by Vodka in Walmart!
I have a distinct memory of going to LA Walmart on Easter Sunday for a liquor run...lol, I love Louisiana!

Well, the press conference was interesting---started about 10 minutes early. I was in another room and thought what I heard was the press setting up when in fact it was the voice of Detective(? not sure of rank, maybe sergeant) George answering questions. They are looking for a "long nosed" "two door" black CONVERTIBLE sports car that some residents saw speeding away in that area at the time of the bombing. May or may not be a suspect but certainly someone they want to talk to.
DA Beth Heckert also chimed in to answer questions. Apparently there are no working camera's in the DA building. She said there is one but she is not sure if it ever worked. the Building has now been reopened for business.
Dt George went on to ask residents in the surrounding area to call if they have surveillance on their homes because LE would like to see those tapes.
LE is looking into motives... they seem to believe this was a targeted building on a specific date.
I wonder where Ames and Company were yesterday morning at around 430 am. I am told by a close source that "company" was due to report for probation. It is my understanding that he has not.

later edit: Mail Tribune Reporter Sanne Specht just now tweeted that the "FBI has joined the hunt" http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131114/NEWS/311140309/-1/WAP

That's what he says. His camp is out of cell phone range. Stephanie's place is along the main "highway" through the area and has neighbors. So although it's isolated compared to where I live, it's not like she was out by herself living in the woods. Since they'd had a fight, I can see why he wouldn't contact her. But that's assuming we believe him.

When POI changed his story for the second time, he told me the reason he'd come back down the mountain (getting yet ANOTHER ride from those mythical boys in the truck), to Steph's house on the 5th was that he (suddenly remembered) that he "needed to go back to Stephs to get water and supplies" and because he just "really, really missed Steph and wanted to see her." Strange that he states he was at Stephanie's house on the 5th; strange that he changed his story about when "Bubbles" got his call and took him to "camp." Strange that we never heard from the mythical boys in the truck.

Firstly, THANK YOU wonderful WS people who have reached out to make sure I am doing well. It's been a rough go. The thought that Stephanie might have been "seen" hope/despair/hope/despair was overwhelming to those of us who loved her, added to the fact that my primary G-mail account was hacked from Eugene, added to the lake search. It was a lot to handle in a short amount of time.

I believe that we ALL KNOW who hacked my account. I believe that he found evidence that I was going directly to the DA (I felt it would be the best way to disseminate information). I just sent Detective Henderson a text informing him of the above information and asking him to advise.

I believe that we are dealing with a dangerous, extremist, looloohead individuals.

I believe that with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT involved with local LE, we will solve this case. I think that we WILL get action now that this horrific threat to public safety has been expressed by SOMEBODY who is SERIOUSLY wacko!

THANK GOD nobody was injured in that explosion!

Dicentra,

Thanks for your update. Hang in there. Can't imagine what you're going through. Continue to be strong but be careful too. It's good to hear that you're in contact with the DA. You're correct, this case will get solved. I feel it too.

Let's find Stephanie and make sure justice is served. Hugs from Alaska.

My new word of the day is "looloohead".

Dicentra, it's good to see you back. Your dedication to Stephanie has touched many hearts here.

Please stay safe,

La Louve

BBM

Firstly, THANK YOU wonderful WS people who have reached out to make sure I am doing well. It's been a rough go. The thought that Stephanie might have been "seen" hope/despair/hope/despair was overwhelming to those of us who loved her, added to the fact that my primary G-mail account was hacked from Eugene, added to the lake search. It was a lot to handle in a short amount of time.

I believe that we ALL KNOW who hacked my account. I believe that he found evidence that I was going directly to the DA (I felt it would be the best way to disseminate information). I just sent Detective Henderson a text informing him of the above information and asking him to advise.

I believe that we are dealing with a dangerous, extremist, looloohead individuals.

I believe that with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT involved with local LE, we will solve this case. I think that we WILL get action now that this horrific threat to public safety has been expressed by SOMEBODY who is SERIOUSLY wacko!

THANK GOD nobody was injured in that explosion!

I simply cannot believe how predictably certain persons/person are behaving around Stephanie's case.

As someone seems to be following the 'guidebook for stupid behaviour around a missing person's case', let me take a guess at what's coming next.....

Pestering Anonymous. Trying to attract their attention and manipulate them into helping a very unworthy cause.

They may indeed succeed in attracting their attention, but it won't end well, or as they intended, of that I am sure.

Gosh this is reminding me of another case. An IT professional with a missing wife. So many problems there with hacking etc, and a gang of supporters who really were not very nice. He called people searching for her internet predators.

It was surprising how rapidly the support faded once he was arrested for her murder, and quite ironic that part of the evidence came from...his computer.

Dicentra,

Thanks for your update. Hang in there. Can't imagine what you're going through. Continue to be strong but be careful too. It's good to hear that you're in contact with the DA. You're correct, this case will get solved. I feel it too.

Let's find Stephanie and make sure justice is served. Hugs from Alaska.

My new word of the day is "looloohead".

I have got a picture stuck in my head now - I think it may be a muppet (remember them?). It was one with hair made out of a mop, I think.

Now that Dicentra has openly discussed the hacking of her account,I would like to add to thread that I was also targeted. Still not sure if the incidences are related. Fortunately, my settings are secure.I was sent notice of attempts made to access my account from an IP within the region.

Well. Someone trying to hack the accounts of people, the common denominator of which is that they are searching for a missing person named Stephanie Warner.

That's a little suspicious. Seems like someone is putting a flag on their head saying, 'Look at me, look at me!'

Waste of time, in my opinion. I am sure the right eyes are turned towards that person already.

I have got a picture stuck in my head now - I think it may be a muppet (remember them?). It was one with hair made out of a mop, I think.

When I did a search for "looloohead", this is what I got. I think it's appropriate although OT.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/127149496/moose-poop-pin

I definitely remember the Muppets. They were all too cute to be associated with said "looloohead".

It is very scary to hear of other people's computers getting hacked. In the long run though maybe such actions will put the people of interest directly in the spotlight.

Now that Dicentra has openly discussed the hacking of her account,I would like to add to thread that I was also targeted. Still not sure if the incidences are related. Fortunately, my settings are secure.I was sent notice of attempts made to access my account from an IP within the region.

Me too. On Monday I couldn't get my mail. The notice from my main provider said that there was "unusual activity on my account" so they locked it. I had to reset the password on my devices (all Apple). I don't know where this activity came from, but this is the second time it's happened since this case began. It's not the email address I used to sign up for WS, so I'm not sure if there is any connection to this case.

I would recommend changing and strengthening passwords just as a precaution, and making sure you have secure settings.

Me too. On Monday I couldn't get my mail. The notice from my main provider said that there was "unusual activity on my account" so they locked it. I had to reset the password on my devices (all Apple). I don't know where this activity came from, but this is the second time it's happened since this case began. It's not the email address I used to sign up for WS, so I'm not sure if there is any connection to this case.

I would recommend changing and strengthening passwords just as a precaution, and making sure you have secure settings.
Yes, great idea. The password strengthening is exactly what I suggested to Dicentra: Use at least one cap and one number. Also, I know it's a pain but make sure all your accts, email fb, youtube etc have different passwords.

Lilibet, you are VERY private.,, I know you have never emailed me. Did you perhaps exchange an email with Dicentra? If so, I would say this is connected
Also, there are ways to find out where that unusual activity in your acct came from. all depends on your provider. PM me if you need help with this.

Yes, great idea. The password strengthening is exactly what i suggested to Dicentra: Use one cap and one number. also, I know it's a pian but make sure all your accts, email fb, youtube etc have different passwords.

Lilibet, you are VERY private. I know you have never emailed me. Did you perhaps exchange an email with Dicentra? If so, I would say this is connected
Also, there are ways to find out where that unusual activity in your acct came from. all depends on your provider. PM me if you need help with this.

BBM

It certainly is a pain to have different passwords for everything, especially at my age. :HHJP: So I have them written down. Hopefully no one will break in and find them. I wouldn't want to go back to the pre-Internet days, but it certainly was simpler in a lot of ways.

No I haven't been in email contact with Dicentra, but possibly with ones who have. Thanks for your offer. I'll take you up on it if my own sleuthing doesn't work.

O/T:
I too was locked out of one of my e-mail accounts yesterday. The account has nothing to do with this forum, I never exchanged mails with anyone on this forum, I'm very private. It happened on my iPad and I know others who had the same problem also on iPad and a mini. They never even read here ever, and we did not used those accounts with eachother either. My conclusion is that it has nothing to do with this forum, but more with Apple and their iOS and/or one or more mail app used by it.

snipped
BBM

No I haven't been in email contact with Dicentra, but possibly with ones who have. Thanks for your offer. I'll take you up on it if my own sleuthing doesn't work.
Well, do look into it but if you haven't emailed with Dicentra, likely it's unrelated. This was my thought process: Dicentra's email acct was hacked into. Therefore, the hacker could see her received emails and the IP's they came from. Even if you emailed someone Dicentra was corresponding with, the hacking of Dicentra's acct would not reveal your IP address UNLESS someone FWD'ed her an email you sent to them.

Such a risky business hacking. You never know what you might find waiting for you at the end. :)

It's pretty concerning, but what really interests me is, if this is a deliberate act, why would anyone want to do it? What would they be hoping to achieve?

It would have to be someone of pretty limited intellect, if they hoped to gain some vital information into the progress of the police investigation into Stephanie's disappearance. What do they think, that LE are sending case files via gmail, to a bunch of people posting on a crimesleuthing website?

If it wasn't info about Stephanie's investigation, what else might he/she/they have been trying to achieve?

Well the good news, if one could call it that, is that we have now confirmed that any and all information about this case, is already in the hands of the FBI. If this recent action in Medford IS related to POI, he's just spinning his wheels and putting an even bigger target on his back.

Well the good news, if one could call it that, is that we have now confirmed that any and all information about this case, is already in the hands of the FBI. If this recent action in Medford IS related to POI, he's just spinning his wheels and putting an even bigger target on his back.

Curious, how has this been confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member