OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The more I read these/watch these articles---so excited with the anticipation of justice--the more I smell a steaming pile of public relations. There is no warrant.

The more I read these/watch these articles---so excited with the anticipation of justice--the more I smell a steaming pile of public relations. There is no warrant.

I didn't get the impression from what Henderson said at the end of the KTVL video that an arrest is imminent or that there is a warrant. He said that they will either find Stephanie and arrest Ames or gather more information and arrest him without Stephanie. Both options are in the future, not present, as I understood him. I'm sure he is hopeful that these stories will bring in tips. And he seems to be serving notice on Ames that he is not in the clear. JMO

I didn't get the impression from what Henderson said at the end of the KTVL video that an arrest is imminent or that there is a warrant. He said that they will either find Stephanie and arrest Ames or gather more information and arrest him without Stephanie. Both options are in the future, not present, as I understood him. I'm sure he is hopeful that these stories will bring in tips. And he seems to be serving notice on Ames that he is not in the clear. JMO

Ahh, yes, of course! The Gimme Three Steps method from Chapter 6 of The Lynyrd Skynyrd book of Law Enforcement Strategies.

JCSO posted this yesterday on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonCountySheriff/posts/892668197462376

Being named a suspect does not mean that an arrest will be happening soon, but it's a big step. In order to prosecute Ames successfully, the evidence has to be sufficient and strong. I doubt they have gotten to that point yet, but I am confident that they are doing all they can to get there. There are many cases that have taken several years to get to that point. I would rather wait for a solid case to be built than have a Ames acquitted because of insufficient evidence. Let's be patient. Hang in there. It will come. JMO

:loveyou:

Guys,
I have been MIA (off WS) with an ongoing family emergency, but something told me to check this thread...my connection keeps going out and I can't see all the posts/reply OR thank anything...but the small glimpses I can see makes it obvious *something* big is going on in Stephanie's case!!

My thoughts, prayers are with Stephanie's family/friends and you all! :heartbeat:

Hoping, hoping, hoping...

(be back when I can/can't get PMs either).

From The Oregonian online:

This article says that Ames is believed to be in Florida, but local articles quoted Henderson as saying he is in Georgia. The latter is more likely IMO.

Detective Eric Henderson of the Jackson County Sheriff's Office said investigators believe Stephanie Warner is dead and they want boyfriend Lennie Ames to lead them to the remains.

"An arrest is going to be made with or without his help," Henderson said. "It comes down to: Is he going to assist, and take us to where she's at? Or are we just going to make an arrest, and that will be used against him — the fact he wasn't cooperative."

"He was cooperative for a few weeks," Henderson said. "Then I think when the pressure started being turned on a little bit — we started asking him tougher questions, did a search warrant of the house — that was the end."

As for a potential motive, Henderson said investigators learned the couple had been arguing that day.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/07/suspect_named_in_2013_disappea.html

In Memory of Stephanie--July 4, 2013 Ashland, Oregon Parade Video

Two years ago today, Stephanie walked next to the Jackson County Fuel Committee float in the Ashland, OR 4th of July parade. This is the last view of Stephanie on camera (other than surveillance video LE obtained of her at a gas station or quick stop market later that day which we haven't seen).

She was wearing dark jeans and a pink top and is briefly seen by the front of the truck before she turns around and disappears as she walks to the back toward the trailer. We believe the suspect Lennie Ames can be seen standing in the bed of the pickup truck wearing a white t-shirt, holding an ax and waving. Enhancing the screen shots indicates he may have had a gun in a shoulder holster under his shirt. His son and dil are seated in a trailer, performing rock music.

Warning: Mute your speakers. The chain saws are loud!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtqZfRMGFOw

Stephanie is loved and missed by her family, friends and those who never knew her. Today we remember Stephanie.

Thanks to Zwiebel for the beautiful photo composition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 119
This video contains current(?) footage of the garbage at Ames campsite not searched since July 9, 2013. It should be searched again, no? Why is the garbage still there? http://kobi5.com/news/local-news/it...013-boyfriend-named-suspect.html#.VZqZDvlVijr

I don't think we know how many times the campsite has been searched. I was impressed that they searched it so quickly after Stephanie's disappearance.

Garbage is a big problem on BLM land. I imagine the first priority with cleaning it up is if it's in a really visible and heavily visited area, which Ames' camp isn't. One of the warrants for his arrest is for littering on this property. That may be a reason that it hasn't been cleaned up. Just guessing. I have no idea. :)

I'm trying to think like Lennie Ames might right now. Ha! Fat chance of that! But I wonder what I'd do, knowing I'm now officially a suspect in Stephanie's death and that Detective Henderson REALLY wants to arrest me. Where would I go? What would I do?

Thinking....:thinking::thinking::thinking:

:nevermind: Oh well, it's probably best not to try to get into Ames' head :eek: :noooo: and figure out what he will do or where he will go next.

Besides, in case he reads here, I wouldn't want to give him any ideas.:findinglink:

This is where he needs to go! :behindbar

Has anyone here be involved in volunteer searches in the past? I am asking because several people in OR have expressed interest in volunteering to search. I'd like to help them get a group together and momentum but i don't know how to go about doing that or how to find out where to search etc...

Has anyone here be involved in volunteer searches in the past? I am asking because several people in OR have expressed interest in volunteering to search. I'd like to help them get a group together and momentum but i don't know how to go about doing that or how to find out where to search etc...

I tried to find info for you for your county, but I was not able to find any established groups...this brought me to what I think I would probably do. I am linking this (below/the county's search and rescue response unit), as a suggestion to call them and explain your wanting to independently help search, in regard to Stephanie's case. Because of (I'm guessing here) terrain issues and wanting searchers to be safe, if you go to these authorities, I am hoping they will have someone to advise you/possibly provide resource info/explain various aspects to such an endevour, etc.:

http://jacksoncountyor.org/sheriff/Divisions/Search-and-Rescue/Overview

Maybe they could contact the Sheriff's office and speak to Detective Henderson. I'm guessing that LE would want to know of any searches being planned.

Anyway, you might want to poke around here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?550-Missing-Persons-Resources and here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?21-Missing-Persons-Information-and-Support.

:seeya:

ETA If I were going to organize a hypothetical search, I would be targeting in old mines near the area of Ames's BLM-land encampment. Not necessarily ones that he has deed to (if he has legal deed to any mines at all), but ones nearby.

It's nice to see that locals are wanting to help. Both Think and La Louve make valid points.

Without trudging off to find the link, one or more of the stories about Ames being named a suspect mentioned that more searches are planned. Personally, I wouldn't do anything without consulting with Detective Henderson, as tempting as it is. :) The last thing I'd want to do would be to contaminate a crime scene or evidence so that the case cannot stand up in court. JCSO has the resources to conduct thorough searches and has done so in the past, so I'm not sure that well-meaning amateurs can do more than they can. JMO

Not to mention the danger involved wandering around on BLM land (marijuana grows and miners* who don't want to be messed with).

All MOO, etc.

*A group of "patriots" has come to Josephine county next door to resist the government in connection with a miner (much like they did in NV over grazing rights).

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonCou...3495858712948/895456020516927/?type=1&theater

For those without access to facebook: This is a photo of Stephanie posted about an hour ago by the JCSO FB page. The text reads:
In the past week, we have asked you for help in our investigation into the disappearance of Stephanie Anne Warner of Ruch. We are grateful for those who have shared information providing new leads.

Today marks two years since we began the investigation into Stephanie’s disappearance. On July 8, 2013, detectives began interviewing her friends and family, including her boyfriend, Lennie Ames, now 62.

Ames provided inconsistent statements to detectives and was the last person known to see Stephanie on July 4, 2013. The Major Assault and Death Investigations Unit (MADIU), a group of investigators from various Jackson County law enforcement agencies, was assembled the following day to continue the investigation.

During the last two years, investigators have collected evidence and followed up on tips from around the country. The information gathered thus far indicates that Warner is deceased and Lennie Ames was responsible for her death. Ames is currently living in Moultrie, Georgia.

The case remains active; detectives are working on new leads to help find Stephanie. We still encourage anyone with information to call the JCSO tip line at (541) 774-8333, or email CID@jacksoncounty.org.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back