OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my gosh...the more I read on this case...just "oh my gosh." Forget my question!

Oh my gosh...the more I read on this case...just "oh my gosh." Forget my question!

Yes, it's been a wild ride. Very frustrating on several fronts. Feel free to ask questions. It helps keep it fresh in our minds, or at least in mine. :)

Although Dicentra said that she suggested immediately that they test the mouthpiece IIRC, naturally she wouldn't be told if they did. We just don't know, but it seems like a pretty basic thing to do IMO, so I'm going to have to trust that they did. But of course, that alone would not be enough evidence, unless combined with other facts.

I just assumed that LE had tested the mouth piece. I think they probably have but are keeping that info to themselves. I certainly hope that is the case.

Yes, it's been a wild ride. Very frustrating on several fronts. Feel free to ask questions. It helps keep it fresh in our minds, or at least in mine. :)

Although Dicentra said that she suggested immediately that they test the mouthpiece IIRC, naturally she wouldn't be told if they did. We just don't know, but it seems like a pretty basic thing to do IMO, so I'm going to have to trust that they did. But of course, that alone would not be enough evidence, unless combined with other facts.

Well, Post #793 really got to me...not that other posts didn't as well...but Dicentra was so expressive in her description of Stephanie that I had to pause in my reading and let it soak in...I know people often describe others as being "so full of life," but as I read that beautiful post from Stephanie's friend, I teared up..."vibrant" really is an apt description for Stephanie.

Now for a few questions, since you were kind enough to say it would be okay to ask...it's mainly just surrounding any details about the last time Stephanie was seen:

I am a little confused about the circumstances of the last known sighting of Stephanie, per the employees at the country store. Unless I missed it (still not done reading that thread), I just don't feel like I have a good idea of what Stephanie went in there to buy...what employees there remember about her on that day (mood/who she was talking to, etc.)...and if anyone actually SAW her in the parking lot, coming OR going -- or just saw the vehicle, etc. Also, I am assuming that nobody heard anything from her after that at all -- no cellphone, in other words?

Can you (or anyone) please fill me in on your recollection of anything at all pertaining to that last sighting?
TIA!!:)

Well, Post #793 really got to me...not that other posts didn't as well...but Dicentra was so expressive in her description of Stephanie that I had to pause in my reading and let it soak in...I know people often describe others as being "so full of life," but as I read that beautiful post from Stephanie's friend, I teared up..."vibrant" really is an apt description for Stephanie.

Now for a few questions, since you were kind enough to say it would be okay to ask...it's mainly just surrounding any details about the last time Stephanie was seen:

I am a little confused about the circumstances of the last known sighting of Stephanie, per the employees at the country store. Unless I missed it (still not done reading that thread), I just don't feel like I have a good idea of what Stephanie went in there to buy...what employees there remember about her on that day (mood/who she was talking to, etc.)...and if anyone actually SAW her in the parking lot, coming OR going -- or just saw the vehicle, etc. Also, I am assuming that nobody heard anything from her after that at all -- no cellphone, in other words?

Can you (or anyone) please fill me in on your recollection of anything at all pertaining to that last sighting?
TIA!!:)

A quick answer before my battery dies...Stephanie was not seen at the market in Ruch on July 4. Initially, it was thought she had been seen there because Lennie Ames said she dropped him off at the store. But his story was never verified, and no one at the store claims to have seen her. Her last contact with the store owner was July 3, by phone, when she called in an order to be picked up.

According to Detective Henderson, Stephanie and Ames were caught on video at a gas station off Stewart Avenue en route home in the late afternoon July 4. We also believe that she had made a purchase at a small market at the corner of Stewart and Lozier, a few blocks further along than the gas station. Henderson believes that she made it home. But she never gave medicine to her cat or called her mother that evening. We don't know what happened after the gas station and mini market.

No cell phone calls, no bank action. Nothing except an online poker game that may have been played at 6:30 pm on Facebook, but we aren't sure. She vanished. :(

A quick answer before my battery dies...Stephanie was not seen at the market in Ruch on July 4. Initially, it was thought she had been seen there because Lennie Ames said she dropped him off at the store. But his story was never verified, and no one at the store cl

aims to have seen her. Her last contact with the store owner was July 3, by phone, when she called in an order to be picked up.

According to Detective Henderson, Stephanie and Ames were caught on video at a gas station off Stewart Avenue en route home in the late afternoon July 4. We also believe that she had made a purchase at a small market at the corner of Stewart and Lozier, a few blocks further along than the gas station. Henderson believes that she made it home. But she never gave medicine to her cat or called her mother that evening. We don't know what happened after the gas station and mini market.

No cell phone calls, no bank action. Nothing except an online poker game that may have been played at 6:30 pm on Facebook, but we aren't sure. She vanished. :(

I'd love to know the reasons why the detective thinks she made it home but also understand we're not going to know that...certain info just really shouldn't be "out." I also saw where her friend doesn't feel she was online playing poker (reasons why, and I would think her closest friend would know her habits well), so then I have all kinds of ???? related to that poker game, but I'm still reading the threads. The medicine with the cat sticks with me. By 6:30 p.m., it seems like she would have already taken care of giving her cat the medicine, just thinking about how diligent she is from reading the threads, but I guess that could also be something she had set to do last thing in the evening, before bed...and I don't know if there was a specific time she calls her Mom at night, but...well, just thinking about it all...

Wasn't something found at Stephanie's home I recollect - her purse perhaps? - that might have indicated she'd made it home July 4th, even if only briefly?

I have been doing some reading, and I can't tell you how many POI's, wanted people I've come across that flee to Florida. WTH?

Just to remind anyone who doesn't know, this is the lovely lady we are looking for. And I hope she's happily chasing butterflies in some heavenly place, and at night the gentle but persistent fluttering of wings disturbs the sleep of anyone who disappeared her.

All that person's longheld fears are right - they are out to get you now. It's not just paranoia.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 122
Wasn't something found at Stephanie's home I recollect - her purse perhaps? - that might have indicated she'd made it home July 4th, even if only briefly?

I have been doing some reading, and I can't tell you how many POI's, wanted people I've come across that flee to Florida. WTH?

Weird. Poor Florida.

Thanks for posting that beautiful photo of Stephanie, Zwie. It's so perfect.

Got through all the threads...it's now been just a little over a year since she went missing. Is it time to bring justice for Stephanie? She was someone who made a difference in the world. Let's honor that by making a difference in bringing her justice.

Where is she? Can justice be served yet? Detective Henderson, please press on, and we thank you for all you are doing.

Portland, Oregon KOIN-TV posted on their news website this evening ( and a link to the story on their FB page), that JCSO used dogs earlier today and searched in areas related to the POI, LA. New search photos are also available on the JCSO FB page.
" Search teams scoured remote locations in Jackson and Josephine counties looking for a woman last seen on July 4, 2013......"
http://koin.com/2014/08/15/what-happened-to-stephanie-warner/

stephanie-warner-search-08152014.jpg

Thanks Sasquatch. It's great to know you're still on the watch for Stephanie news. I just saw this story on KOBI5 11:00 pm news and came here to report it and here you are! :) I'll post video if/when it becomes available.

I'm very happy to get verification that these searches Detective Henderson spoke of are taking place and that Lennie Ames is still in their cross hairs. I hope this news will nudge someone who knows something to come forward. Thirteen months of silence is long enough.

You are welcome! Thank you, Zwiebel and everyone else for keeping the thread going! It is great news that they are still actively searching for Stephanie. It is also great that the media is still broadcasting updates, and that these searches are bringing new hope to finding her!

The search story hasn't been posted on the KOBI website yet, but here is the story on KDRV.

On Friday, Jackson County Search and Rescue teams used trained scent dogs to check several remote locations in Jackson and Josephine counties. The Sheriff’s Office says the locations are associated with Lennie Ames, who was Warner’s boyfriend and the last person to see her on July 4th, 2013. The Sheriff’s Office says Ames is believed to be involved in Warner’s disappearance.

BBM

It occurs to me that these remote locations associated with Lennie Ames would have been searched a year ago if JCSO had known about them. That makes me wonder if someone who knows Ames has informed JCSO about these locations fairly recently. If so, that is a hopeful sign.

http://www.kdrv.com/dogs-used-in-stephanie-warner-search/

Why has Stephanie's license plate number never given to the public? Just thinking out loud......I will never understand why some vital information was and has been withheld from the public. I would think that just maybe someone would remember seeing her vehicle the night of the 4th if they had a plate number to go by. I mean maybe she had a (we call them) "Vanity" plate. Like her name on it or a catchy phrase as her plate number. I know by personal experience that I remember plate numbers especially if they are something different such as ABC123 or something easy like that. The plate number just might trigger someone's memory of seeing her vehicle that night, or even that day on her way home from the parade.

The search story hasn't been posted on the KOBI website yet, but here is the story on KDRV.

BBM

It occurs to me that these remote locations associated with Lennie Ames would have been searched a year ago if JCSO had known about them. That makes me wonder if someone who knows Ames has informed JCSO about these locations fairly recently. If so, that is a hopeful sign.

http://www.kdrv.com/dogs-used-in-stephanie-warner-search/

Lilibet you may have it the nail on the head. I have a funny feeling someone might be giving new leads to LE. At least I sure hope that is what is going on. But the main thing is that they(LE) are not giving up!

You are welcome! Thank you, Zwiebel and everyone else for keeping the thread going! It is great news that they are still actively searching for Stephanie. It is also great that the media is still broadcasting updates, and that these searches are bringing new hope to finding her!

Hi Sasquatch! Good to see you back! Miss You! You right this is great news and hopefully Stephanie will be found and justice served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back