OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No news on Stephanie? It's so quiet. :(

Sadly, no news...yet. Cases like Holly Bobo's, where there were arrests months before her remains were found, give me hope, but that took three years. It never ceases to amaze me that so many murderers can just go about their daily lives as if nothing happened, so confident in their ability to outsmart LE.

I wonder if Detective Henderson ever finds himself humming the chorus to this song. I know I do.

Every breath you take and every move you make
Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you
Every single day and every word you say
Every game you play, every night you stay, I'll be watching you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=wdS-jpFgRo4

This is NOT a love song, according to Sting. It may be a stretch to apply it to a murder investigation, but it works for me!

BBM
The lyrics are the words of a sinister, controlling character, who is watching "every breath you take; every move you make". The lyrics were actually inspired by Sting's divorce with Frances Tomelty. Sting himself was jealous and obsessed over his ex wife.

I woke up in the middle of the night with that line in my head, sat down at the piano and had written it in half an hour. The tune itself is generic, an aggregate of hundreds of others, but the words are interesting. It sounds like a comforting love song. I didn't realize at the time how sinister it is. I think I was thinking of Big Brother, surveillance and control.

—Sting[5]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Every_Breath_You_Take

:guitar:I think that song works on many levels for this case, Lilibet. And that is so interesting, about Sting, and why/how he came to write that song. Funny, because that is a song that I have always liked but felt a little creeped out by, at the same time. Wow, that seems to make no sense ("like" and "creeps me out" both), huh? LOL.

The words did always strike me as stalker-like or like there was an intense anger behind them (the creepy part), but the melody and beat was something that I have always liked...and it was sort of as though I liked the intensity of the song IF that intensity was re-directed. [Now everyone is wondering: "What the heck is 'Think' talking about?"]. Maybe I need some coffee today.:coffee:

I just went to click on the link and listen carefully to that song...you know that underlying beat that persists throughout it? I like to think of that like Detective Henderson persistently carrying on/chipping away at investigating this case and bringing justice for Stephanie.

Thanks for giving me a whole new way to think of that song when I hear it come on, Lilibet. You pretty much took the creepiness part of the song out of it for me and I can now hear it in a more hopeful way. :) And if nobody understands a darn thing I said here, I don't blame you. I did not explain it well.

:guitar:I think that song works on many levels for this case, Lilibet. And that is so interesting, about Sting, and why/how he came to write that song. Funny, because that is a song that I have always liked but felt a little creeped out by, at the same time. Wow, that seems to make no sense ("like" and "creeps me out" both), huh? LOL.

The words did always strike me as stalker-like or like there was an intense anger behind them (the creepy part), but the melody and beat was something that I have always liked...and it was sort of as though I liked the intensity of the song IF that intensity was re-directed. [Now everyone is wondering: "What the heck is 'Think' talking about?"]. Maybe I need some coffee today.:coffee:

I just went to click on the link and listen carefully to that song...you know that underlying beat that persists throughout it? I like to think of that like Detective Henderson persistently carrying on/chipping away at investigating this case and bringing justice for Stephanie.

Thanks for giving me a whole new way to think of that song when I hear it come on, Lilibet. You pretty much took the creepiness part of the song out of it for me and I can now hear it in a more hopeful way. :) And if nobody understands a darn thing I said here, I don't blame you. I did not explain it well.

BBM

You explained it fine. :) I love the way you think, Think. :yeahthat: And I really like what you said about the persistent underlying beat and Detective Henderson persistently carrying on the investigation. Very cool. :cool:

And if you're reading here and rolling your eyes about this conversation, Detective Henderson, :rolleyes: c'mon, give us something better to do than play with music and smilies! :D :waiting:

BBM

You explained it fine. :) I love the way you think, Think. :yeahthat: And I really like what you said about the persistent underlying beat and Detective Henderson persistently carrying on the investigation. Very cool. :cool:

And if you're reading here and rolling your eyes about this conversation, Detective Henderson, :rolleyes: c'mon, give us something better to do than play with music and smilies! :D :waiting:

He's probably thanking his lucky stars that we aren't in his office.

:hilarious:

:rose: Hoping the investigators are able to make a case soon!

OK, so just ,MHO,
Her boyfriend did this. He was the only person of interest. He left
for Florida. All of his behaviors were, " odd," for someone who has a missing
love one. Hope they didn't let another get away...

OK, so just ,MHO,
Her boyfriend did this. He was the only person of interest. He left
for Florida. All of his behaviors were, " odd," for someone who has a missing
love one. Hope they didn't let another get away...

I couldn't agree more, Sleuth. Thanks for your post. It helps. :)

Tx, Sleuth2010.

I check this thread usually once a day, always hoping for some closure for Stephanie's family, friends and community.

We have not forgotten about you, Stephanie. :heart:

Does anyone know what the heck happened to the searches that were promised at the one year anniversary of Stephanie going missing? And where is "Dateline"???? We need media visibility or this will become a cold case. And it still bothers me that her plate number was never put on the news. If you reading this Roma, please do an update on this case. Please ask someone why the circumstantial evedence is not enough to change Ames' status of POI to suspect. And why hasn't he been arrested for the warrants that they do have out for him? I think Roma will be the only person we can count on to get these answers for us! Please help us Roma to get justice for Stephanie.

I hope Zwiebel is ok. I miss your input on here Zwiebel! Also thinking about Dicentra & For Ashley tonight. Missing you all! :(

I hope Zwiebel is ok. I miss your input on here Zwiebel! Also thinking about Dicentra & For Ashley tonight. Missing you all! :(

I miss Zwiebel too~

And I wish I knew the answers to your questions above, Sad Eyes, but you apparently know how to reach out for an update. That would be great. :) I've pretty much been wondering the same things. It's just so quiet...felt like momentum was building for this case and then -- nothing. I guess I'm impatient. All of you who have been with this case from the very beginning have a right to be feeling impatient at this point -- me, not so much. We don't know all LE knows, obviously, but I just hate to see this case fall off the radar, and I feel like maybe it being too quiet is not such a good thing here. I agree with you that without the MSM, it can turn cold. Sorry, of no real help, but I understand how you feel. :(

(OT: Can someone here explain to me what is meant by "upstairs" and "downstairs" at WS? I saw it on a thread I was lurking on...apparently I am always "downstairs," from what I could gather from the post I saw, but just wondering...and feeling rather silly for asking. But being downstairs all the time without even know what upstairs IS makes me feel stupid. LOL.).:facepalm:

Did they find anything?

They haven't said anything publicly, so we don't know, and I imagine that anyone who does know can't say anything. :(

Does anyone know what the heck happened to the searches that were promised at the one year anniversary of Stephanie going missing? And where is "Dateline"???? We need media visibility or this will become a cold case. And it still bothers me that her plate number was never put on the news. If you reading this Roma, please do an update on this case. Please ask someone why the circumstantial evedence is not enough to change Ames' status of POI to suspect. And why hasn't he been arrested for the warrants that they do have out for him? I think Roma will be the only person we can count on to get these answers for us! Please help us Roma to get justice for Stephanie.
BBM

I'm sure Roma knows about your request and questions. ;) Hopefully there will be an update. Maybe Stephanie's sister can push for one?! In every case I have followed, media visibility happens because family stays on it (and even with family involvement, it doesn't always happen unless the victim is a child or a pretty young woman). A lot of factors besides media coverage come into play in solving a case...solid, tenacious investigation, stupid perps, disgruntled former friend going to LE, a civilian stumbling upon evidence...etc. Keeping a case in the media helps with the last two factors mostly IMO.

Although Detective Henderson hasn't used the word "suspect" in connection with Ames, his comments in recent months have made the same point. I'm sure it's a fine legal line he has to walk.

I still think the reason Stephanie's plate number wasn't publicized is that the vehicle description was believed to be enough. Most people have enough trouble remembering if they've seen a particular vehicle a month earlier and won't notice the license plate number IMO. Even though her car was at her home, I never figured out why it took so long to ask if anyone had seen it anywhere on July 4-5.

I would imagine that the warrants for Ames' arrest are being held in reserve as a way to bring him in from out of state to question him more about Stephanie when they have enough evidence. They are for very minor offenses, so I don't think it would be of any benefit to go after him at this point and involve Florida LE. They'd just have to let him out on bail and off he would go again. Ames and company are a slippery bunch. JMO

All of this is JMO and speculation. I don't know how Detective Henderson would answer these questions. :)

I miss Zwiebel too~

>snipped for space<

(OT: Can someone here explain to me what is meant by "upstairs" and "downstairs" at WS? I saw it on a thread I was lurking on...apparently I am always "downstairs," from what I could gather from the post I saw, but just wondering...and feeling rather silly for asking. But being downstairs all the time without even know what upstairs IS makes me feel stupid. LOL.).:facepalm:

BBM

I miss Zwiebel's insights too. Checking her recent posts, I think she's helping out on busier threads.

Upstairs threads are open for everyone to read, including guests who are not WS members. Downstairs/basement/parking lot threads (the terms are interchangeable) are open to members only. The reasons for this vary, but usually the information discussed is more sensitive. All of the McStay Family threads are downstairs. When Teleka Patrick disappeared last December, the general thread was upstairs, but the thread that was sleuthing the Tweets she had deleted was downstairs.

Stephanie's thread is upstairs, so IMO it's good to keep in mind that anyone, including LE, press and POI can (and likely do) read it, even if they are not WS members. :thinking:

BBM

I miss Zwiebel's insights too. Checking her recent posts, I think she's helping out on busier threads.

Upstairs threads are open for everyone to read, including guests who are not WS members. Downstairs/basement/parking lot threads (the terms are interchangeable) are open to members only. The reasons for this vary, but usually the information discussed is more sensitive. All of the McStay Family threads are downstairs. When Teleka Patrick disappeared last December, the general thread was upstairs, but the thread that was sleuthing the Tweets she had deleted was downstairs.

Stephanie's thread is upstairs, so IMO it's good to keep in mind that anyone, including LE, press and POI can (and likely do) read it, even if they are not WS members. :thinking:

Thank you for the clarification of the upstairs/downstairs question that Think asked. I had no idea what they meant either. So Think don't feel bad, you weren't the only one that was wondering what it meant! :)

I miss Zwiebel too~

And I wish I knew the answers to your questions above, Sad Eyes, but you apparently know how to reach out for an update. That would be great. :) I've pretty much been wondering the same things. It's just so quiet...felt like momentum was building for this case and then -- nothing. I guess I'm impatient. All of you who have been with this case from the very beginning have a right to be feeling impatient at this point -- me, not so much. We don't know all LE knows, obviously, but I just hate to see this case fall off the radar, and I feel like maybe it being too quiet is not such a good thing here. I agree with you that without the MSM, it can turn cold. Sorry, of no real help, but I understand how you feel. :(

Yes Think it is very frustrating when we go months on end without any update from the LE & the media. Since no update was given after the searches, I was just praying and hoping that they did find something but couldn't say exactly what they found. But, you'd think they would at least come back and say that they are diligently working the case. There has been too much silence on this case from the very beginning and it is frustrating. The only time the thread gets lively is either when Roma does an update or Dicentra fills us in on some info that we were not privy to in the beginning. I can't even imagine how frustrated Dicentra must be. If you are reading this Dicentra, please know that we have not given up on trying to get justice for Stephanie.

I'm glad Lilibet clarified the upstairs/downstairs question because I didn't know what it meant either, so don't feel silly for asking. :)

Yes Think it is very frustrating when we go months on end without any update from the LE & the media. Since no update was given after the searches, I was just praying and hoping that they did find something but couldn't say exactly what they found. But, you'd think they would at least come back and say that they are diligently working the case. There has been too much silence on this case from the very beginning and it is frustrating. The only time the thread gets lively is either when Roma does an update or Dicentra fills us in on some info that we were not privy to in the beginning. I can't even imagine how frustrated Dicentra must be. If you are reading this Dicentra, please know that we have not given up on trying to get justice for Stephanie.

I'm glad Lilibet clarified the upstairs/downstairs question because I didn't know what it meant either, so don't feel silly for asking. :)

Thanks, Sad Eyes. Good to know I'm not the only one who was confused...apparently, I have not been upstairs or downstairs as much as I have been "out to lunch"! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back