OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for catching this OUOTP. It's an encouraging update to their post on July 2.
Two points jump out at me...

We are grateful for those who have shared information providing new leads.
YES!!!

Ames is currently living in Moultrie, GA

Some had already figured this out, but it's the first time Henderson has confirmed it publicly. I don't think TOS allows me to say why he went to Moultrie. Suffice to say that he doesn't stray far from a certain family member.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moultrie,_Georgia

Also, notice the comment below encouraging people to share. Ive shared ALL OVER moultrie... I think the end is near. I have a feeling

Also, notice the comment below encouraging people to share. Ive shared ALL OVER moultrie... I think the end is near. I have a feeling

I sure hope that doesn't drive him underground! :) The local response will be interesting! He can run, but he can't hide forever. And I hope the end is near.

I sure hope that doesn't drive him underground! :) The local response will be interesting! He can run, but he can't hide forever. And I hope the end is near.

I was joking with my whole "Gimme Three Steps" post last week. I have faith in Det Henderson and JCSO. It just seems like they wouldn't be making Ames' location public without a reason and plan.
That would be too odd, no? Generally when someone is named a "suspect" that is followed by "is wanted". I highly doubt that JCSO would make public their FEELINGS without substance to back them up.

I was joking with my whole "Gimme Three Steps" post last week. I have faith in Det Henderson and JCSO. It just seems like they wouldn't be making Ames' location public without a reason and plan.
That would be too odd, no? Generally when someone is named a "suspect" that is followed by "is wanted". I highly doubt that JCSO would make public their FEELINGS without substance to back them up.

I agree that they wouldn't make his location public for no reason. I was teasing you! :)

Henderson absolutely has this covered!

I won't be surprised if this makes the local Moultrie news. I have reason to believe it will. :)

I am paraphrasing what Detective Henderson said in an email to me a short time ago and gave me permission to post here. He is fine with locals conducting their own searches. JCSO will be conducting it's own SAR searches.

He cautions people not to tresspass and obey all laws and stay safe.

People can do their own research and pick where they want to search. He sent a map to the camp you all saw on Roma's story recently if people want to search there. This is not the only place they have searched.

Here is the link. If you zoom on the center, he says you can see the garbage pile.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/42....57,-122.9871897,20z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

JCSO posted this yesterday on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonCountySheriff/posts/892668197462376

Being named a suspect does not mean that an arrest will be happening soon, but it's a big step. In order to prosecute Ames successfully, the evidence has to be sufficient and strong. I doubt they have gotten to that point yet, but I am confident that they are doing all they can to get there. There are many cases that have taken several years to get to that point. I would rather wait for a solid case to be built than have a Ames acquitted because of insufficient evidence. Let's be patient. Hang in there. It will come. JMO

:loveyou:

There is a very interesting conversation happening now in the comments of the photo linked above.

There is a very interesting conversation happening now in the comments of the photo linked above.

Both of the JCSO posts do have interesting conversations. :) I'll link them here for your "reading pleasure."

July 2--Someone formerly close to Ames 'n son tells us how she reeeeeeallly feels!:stormingmad:
https://www.facebook.com/JacksonCountySheriff/posts/892668197462376

July 8--JCSO answers that there is not a warrant issued for Ames' arrest yet. They are working new leads. The warrants concerning BLM land are misdemeanors, not extraditable outside of Oregon. A Moultrie local can't wait for him to be arrested. :furious:

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonCou...3495858712948/895456020516927/?type=1&theater

Wow happy to see some progress!! Will go back and try to get caught up. Just saw a post from Dateline on my FB feed!!!

Wow happy to see some progress!! Will go back and try to get caught up. Just saw a post from Dateline on my FB feed!!!

It's great to see you here! And I've seen some others thanking posts who were here almost at the beginning! :seeya: This used to be a very busy thread, and I hope it will get back in busy-ness soon.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR WSer who has kept the FB page for Stephanie going since the fall of 2013! I won't give this person's WS name without permission, although I think we all know who it is. Thank you so much for stepping up, putting yourself out there, and continuing to do what needed to be done!

:loveyou::loveyou::tyou::tyou: :balloons: :fireworks:

:yourock:

Oh, thank you. I don't care at this point who knows. I have however changed my name on FB to Norma DePlume, hidden all my friends and photos...Made my personal page completely private except for the public posts about Stephanie. I decided to start posting my opinion there which is something I would never do on Stephs page.

In other news, I think it's important the conversation be kept alive in the comments section underneath the latest JCSO post(from yesterday). If anyone can help with that, that would be great. The post is gaining momentum with over 150 shares. I have taken the time to like each of those shares as peoples varying privacy settings allow. Facebook will continue placing posts in feeds as long as it keeps getting likes and comments---thats how FB works.

We've all gotten the blues when news runs dry. my goal this time is not to let that happen.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR WSer who has kept the FB page for Stephanie going since the fall of 2013! I won't give this person's WS name without permission, although I think we all know who it is. Thank you so much for stepping up, putting yourself out there, and continuing to do what needed to be done!

:loveyou::loveyou::tyou::tyou: :balloons: :fireworks:

:yourock:

Thanks for posting this OUOTP.

A Moultrie man has been named as the prime suspect in the disappearance of an Oregon woman who was last seen two years ago and is presumed dead.

Lennie Ames, 62, was the last person known to have seen Stephanie Anne Warner, the Jackson County (Oregon) Sheriff’s Office said. Police said that Ames was with Warner on the evening of July 4, 2013

I just used up my quota of articles from this paper, so if there is any more news, someone else will have to post it quotes, etc. Thanks.

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/new...99c-268e-11e5-9375-73d77ea2afab.html?mode=jqm

Thanks for posting this OUOTP.

I just used up my quota of articles from this paper, so if there is any more news, someone else will have to post it quotes, etc. Thanks.

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/new...99c-268e-11e5-9375-73d77ea2afab.html?mode=jqm

Oh, I didn't consider that...For anyone who is out of articles, here is the text: By Alan Mauldin alan.mauldin@gaflnews.com
A Moultrie man has been named as the prime suspect in the disappearance of an Oregon woman who was last seen two years ago and is presumed dead.
Lennie Ames, 62, was the last person known to have seen Stephanie Anne Warner, the Jackson County (Oregon) Sheriff’s Office said. Police said that Ames was with Warner on the evening of July 4, 2013.
Warner, of Ruch, an unincorporated community in Jackson County, was last seen at a Fourth of July parade in Ashland. Police said that Ames was her boyfriend at the time of her disappearance.
“We believe that she died most likely on July 4,” Detective Eric Henderson of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office told The Observer on Wednesday.
The agency said in a Facebook post seeking assistance from the public that Ames provided inconsistent statements, saying that after the parade Warner dropped him off at the Ruch Country Store, where he got a ride to his camp site. He said that he got a ride to her residence the next day, found that she was not at home and drove her car to a market before returning it to her driveway.
He told police that he got a ride back to his camp, where he stayed for several days but did not report that Warner was missing, the posts said. Friends, family and Ames all told investigators at the time that it was out of character for Warner to leave without a trace because she was devoted to her animals and volunteer work in her community. When police were contacted and went to her residence several days after the parade they found the animals had been abandoned.
Police said that their investigation has turned up physical evidence indicating that Warner is dead, and that they believe Ames knows the location of her remains. He has not disclosed the location of Warner’s remains and is not cooperating with law enforcement at this time.
Numerous searches have been held since Warner’s disappearance, including her home and surrounding areas, and more searches are planned in upcoming months, police said. The Major Assault and Death Investigations Unit, a group of investigators from several Jackson County law enforcement agencies, was assembled on July 5, 2013, to investigate Warner’s disappearance.
Henderson said that no arrest warrant had been issued yet for Ames.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back