OR OR - Tiffany Marie Lazon, 37, Albany, 25 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

KPTV FOX 12 Video News Segment: In the video reporters interview neighbors,

Neighbors report Tiffany hasn't been seen for months MIN 2:06 but Craig Lazon and a friend have been seen moving items out of the house shortly after the new year.

Missing Albany woman's case considered death investigation; husband person of interest

ALBANY, Ore. – Police say the estranged husband of a missing Albany woman is now considered a person of interest in her case. They say 37-year-old Tiffany Lazon’s disappearance is now being handled as a missing person case and death investigation.

Investigators say 42-year-old Craig Lazon, Tiffany Lazon’s husband, was the last person with her before she disappeared.

The last reported contact anyone had with Tiffany Lazon was on Dec. 27 at her home in the 2600 block of Southeast 16th Avenue. She has been listed as a missing person with the Albany Police Department since Jan. 9.

A family member asked police the evening of Jan. 8 to conduct a welfare check on Lazon. The family member told police they had not heard from Lazon since Christmas.

When officers went to her home in the 2600 block of SE 16th Avenue, they did not find her.

At 1:26 a.m. Jan. 9, police contacted her estranged husband, Craig Lazon. He told investigators he did not know where his wife was and indicated she was moving to Washington.

Family members said Tiffany Lazon would not have left Albany without valued possessions like her car, her pet cat, or her phone.

On Tuesday, Albany police arrested Craig Lazon on charges of second-degree animal neglect and animal abandonment. Police said the animal neglect involved Tiffany Lazon’s pet cat.

Police said the cat was released to Tiffany’s daughter on Thursday.

Officers served a search warrant at Tiffany Lazon’s home Wednesday.

Husband named person of interest in missing woman's disapperance

Capt. Brad Liles said the department takes all missing persons reports seriously but the circumstances of Tiffany Lazon's disappearance were elevated.

"There's been no contact," he said. "She's off the grid, no one has heard from her."

Halberg, who turns 20 on Saturday, said her mother has no history of disappearing and wouldn't leave before her birthday.

According to APD, the last reported contact with Tiffany was around Dec. 27.

"Since that time," a APD statement read, "family, friends and law enforcement have not had any contact with Tiffany. Albany Police Detectives have not received any verifiable information on the whereabouts of Tiffany."

Craig Lazon, Liles said, was the last and closest person with Tiffany Lazon prior to her disappearance.

Husband ‘person of interest’ in missing Albany woman

Albany police told KOIN 6 News the cat was located without food or water in a storage locker in Albany.

On Wednesday, Tiffany’s house was searched with help from the Oregon State Police Crime Lab.

Thursday afternoon, Albany police officially said Craig is “a person of interest” in the case, which is now being looked at as both a missing person and a death investigation, although authorities are not saying Tiffany is dead.

Calling this a death investigation gives authorities different ways to look into the case.

Missing Albany woman case now a death investigation; estranged husband is person of interest

SABBM:

ALBANY, Ore. — There is now crime tape around the home of a missing Albany woman whose family has not heard from her since Christmas.

Police now say they are treating Tiffany Marie Lazon's case as a missing person case and death investigation.

On Tuesday, her estranged husband, Craig Lazon, was arrested for animal neglect and animal abandonment relating to Tiffany's pet cat.

Police on Thursday said Lazon is a person of interest in the case. Investigators said Lazon was the last and closest person with Tiffany before she disappeared.

Often in these types of cases, a POI's electronic footprints, i.e., cell phone tracking, pings, etc., prove to be extremely helpful to LE in locating missing persons.

LE obviously have some type of evidence at this point; otherwise, it's highly unlikely that they'd come out and label CL a POI in her case and/or announce that this is now also a death investigation.

JMO.

Husband ‘person of interest’ in missing Albany woman

Albany police told KOIN 6 News the cat was located without food or water in a storage locker in Albany.

On Wednesday, Tiffany’s house was searched with help from the Oregon State Police Crime Lab.

Thursday afternoon, Albany police officially said Craig is “a person of interest” in the case, which is now being looked at as both a missing person and a death investigation, although authorities are not saying Tiffany is dead.

Calling this a death investigation gives authorities different ways to look into the case.
locked the cat up to die of starvation. That’s sick. He could have just turned her loose.

******* locked the cat up to die of starvation. That’s sick. He could have just turned her loose.

I'm so glad the cat is ok and with Tiffany's daughter. Honestly, without that poor cat, CL possibly wouldn't be in custody right now. I hope LE are able to find Tiffany alive, or at the very least find evidence in the house to charge CL. MOO

Edit: I momentarily forgot this is now classified as a death investigation... so I suppose all hope is lost that Tiffany will be found alive.

Police: Estranged husband a person of interest in case of missing Albany woman Tiffany Lazon

In the video:

Police say it is possible TL is still alive but it's also possible she's not.

CL is not volunteering information.

Court records for the 2015 attempted aggravated murder charges show the state wanted an enhanced sentence ...

"some offenses involved deliberate cruelty" "he has been persistently involved in offenses involving females"

Police say it was Dec. 27th was the last time someone reported hearing TL in her Albany apartment and also reported seeing CL there.

Police have pinged her phone but can't share what they found.

As I was flipping thru the new on the internet I saw this woman was missing.

After reading everything posted I hurt for her. It seems her past has as deeply troubled her. I fear the worst has happened.

What happened in 2015 doesn't look good for her. However, that doesn't mean her husband/ex husband didn't cause her to be missing.

Police: Estranged husband a person of interest in case of missing Albany woman Tiffany Lazon]

Investigators also announced they are changing the scope of the investigation. Not only are they calling it a missing persons case but also a death investigation.

At this point though police say they don’t have any reason to believe something did happen - they just want to be thorough. The main goal remains bringing Tiffany home alive.
What??!

Talk about opposite polors:
1. death investigation
2. they don’t have any reason to believe something did happen - they just want to be thorough

This is my first time starting a new thread, so I don't know if I have done it totally correct. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

I think this is maybe a complex case, based on what I'm seeing on Facebook. I want to be sensitive to Tiffany and her family but I did come across this article which may put somethings into context. I do not know if this reporting is accurate. MOO

Fabricated story leads to reduced charges, sentence for Albany man
So glad you started this thread!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry