GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and in the PC they said she never arrived at work. This makes me think she never even arrived. So, I'm thinking that something happened as she was leaving home.

This is my thinking too. I think someone took her from the parking lot of her apartment complex. Can anyone describe the apartment complex or can a local google map us to it?

There HAS to be footage of the perp at the gas station and or at Wal-Mart. There are cameras everywhere in Wal-Mart parking lots. Their getting gas and going to Wal-Mart really seems "stupid" so to speak.

I think that since there hasn't been a sketch released yet that they already are honing in on the perp.

Social Media Rules Review

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I don't know. This is a very confusing case - but why not just dump her out of the car after he has got her card and pin number? Even if he dropped her off somewhere a few miles from where she can call for help, he'd have time to use the card plenty before it was reported missing.

Seems to me that he wanted her as much as he wanted the card.

That's what I was hoping for Yesterday, like maybe he took her WAYY far out to Bagby or some area so he had time to get away and she would be found alive and well...

The longer this is going on the less I feel like that's the case. D:

I dont think this had anyting to do with money!

Agreed. That was what I was trying to convey in response to another poster. I don't thinks its a money crime .... she was the focus in my opinion.

I feel so sad for her and her family, she seems so lovely.

I hear that Oregon is very "different" from the rest of the country. Locals, could it be true that the Wal-Mart doesn't have cams?!!

It -could- be. Which Walmart is this anyways? I only know of the one in Woodburn, the one in West Linn, and the one on SE 82. If it's at SE 82 then I've been there once and I don't recall cameras being EVERYWHERE, there was a surveillance camera at the door but I think that was it.

From this overview, where do you think her car was found?

http://goo.gl/maps/Ztw5P

ETA-What is the smaller Walmart, to the right of the larger facility?

Heichel reported his wife was missing at 9:56 a.m. after her supervisor alerted him that she did not show up for work.

"I called her several times," he said. "I texted her several times and then actually at about 9:30ish, her phone got to the point where you would call and it went straight to voicemail."

Police say surveillance cameras recorded her vehicle pulling into a Shell gas station around 9 a.m. and her ATM card was used.

Her husband said bank records show the same card was used at another gas station minutes later, but police have not confirmed that.

"One at 9:22 and then one at about 9:30, which was kind of odd, both for gas eight minutes apart," Heichel said.

Police spokesman Grandjean said, "The video is inconclusive in terms of being able to tell who's in the vehicle but we can tell it's the vehicle and we know through bank records it's the car."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/whitney-he...missing-oregon/story?id=17505121#.UICDEGfe_Kc

It -could- be. Which Walmart is this anyways? I only know of the one in Woodburn, the one in West Linn, and the one on SE 82. If it's at SE 82 then I've been there once and I don't recall cameras being EVERYWHERE, there was a surveillance camera at the door but I think that was it.

Actually there are two on 82nd but this one is in Wood Village in the east county off the 84.

I don't know. This is a very confusing case - but why not just dump her out of the car after he has got her card and pin number? Even if he dropped her off somewhere a few miles from where she can call for help, he'd have time to use the card plenty before it was reported missing.

Seems to me that he wanted her as much as he wanted the card.

IMO. It's confusing because we are following a timeline that might not be correct..

I hear that Oregon is very "different" from the rest of the country. Locals, could it be true that the Wal-Mart doesn't have cams?!!

I *highly* doubt it doesn't have cams. I'd be shocked if it truly does not have them. I could be wrong. I'd go check this one out, but it's rush hour right now and that Walmart is about 15 miles from me.

How did they get the 11:17am time for when the vehicle was put there? Possibly by a cam from another business, but..

ETA: I'm curious as to what you mean by "different", but that's OT, so nevermind.

6:45 a.m. Tuesday: Whitney Heichel left for work, which is about five minutes from her home. Her husband Clint said that was the last time he saw her.
7:00 a.m. Tuesday: Whitney failed to show up for work at the Starbucks on Northeast Burnside Street in Gresham.
9:14 a.m. Tuesday: Whitney's SUV pulled into a Shell service station on 257th and Stark, and her bank card was used.
10:00 a.m. Tuesday: Clint Heichel called 911 to report that his wife was missing.
Tuesday mid-morning: Whitney's debit card was reportedly used at two more gas stations and an ATM.
11:17 a.m. Tuesday: Whitney's vehicle, a 1999 black Ford Explorer with tinted taillights and Ore. license plate 189EJZ, was found outside the Walmart in Wood Village.
Wednesday morning: Family and friends released a missing poster and began searching for Whitney, along with police.
Wednesday afternoon: Police announced they would be focusing the search on Dodge Park and Larch Mountain, where they said Whitney's vehicle had been.
10:00 a.m. Thursday: Police revealed at a press conference they had recovered "several items" while searching Dodge Park and Larch Mountain. Her family also spoke.
4:00 p.m. Thursday: A press conference was schedule to announce an update in the case.
http://www.kgw.com/news/Timeline-Whitney-Heichels-disappearance-174843911.html
Thanks to poster Dr. Jones link I listened to the press conference again.The detective stated her SUV was LEFT at the wal mart at 11:17 not that it was found by her family at 11:17.Amazing how many news organizations are getting this wrong.They have a job as a news reporter and they have the comprehension level of a two year old.

This is my thinking too. I think someone took her from the parking lot of her apartment complex. Can anyone describe the apartment complex or can a local google map us to it?

There HAS to be footage of the perp at the gas station and or at Wal-Mart. There are cameras everywhere in Wal-Mart parking lots. Their getting gas and going to Wal-Mart really seems "stupid" so to speak.

I think that since there hasn't been a sketch released yet that they already are honing in on the perp.

I cant for the life of me understand a guy going to a gas station with a girl he just kidnapped and letting the attendant SEE HIM with her. It makes no sense to me

I cant for the life of me understand a guy going to a gas station with a girl he just kidnapped and letting the attendant SEE HIM with her. It makes no sense to me

IMO. There was no girl with him.. He was alone..IMO

Agreed. That was what I was trying to convey in response to another poster. I don't thinks its a money crime .... she was the focus in my opinion.

I feel so sad for her and her family, she seems so lovely.

Exactly but why would the guy let himself be seen with her at the gas station if he just abducted her?

To locals what are the temperatures during the night there? I would love to think she got away from him and walking around on that mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill