GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think the reason there is no sketch or video feed, is because they have identified the people. If a customer was stalking her, her coworkers should be able to pick him out. I've had to do it in the pharmacy, and you'll be surprised how well you can name a blurry subject when needed.

(respectfully snipped, BBM)

Let's say they have identified a suspect, though... wouldn't they let the public know that she is believed to be in immediate danger? If they had good indication that she was abducted? During the last press conference, the LE guy seemed pretty calm and didn't seem to be stressing any great urgency about the situation. That was my take on it, anyways. What did you think about his demeanor? Or am I reading too much into that?

Article about the kids finding the cell phone. There is also a statement by the husband about a bead thing hanging from her rear view mirror that has been ripped off and the carpet/rubber mat being moved on top of the seats.

Hmmm...
http://http://www.katu.com/news/loc...to-missing-woman-174894441.html?m=y&smobile=y

Yeah, that's all kind of strange. What purpose would anyone have for moving the carpet mat on top of the seats and pulling the beads off the mirror?

Although I do not think for a minute that the disappearance of Whitney is similar to this case, I can't help but think that she reminds me of Laci Peterson. :(

YES!!! Thanks that is exactly who she reminds me of. She has that beautiful Laci Peterson smile.

Yeah, that's all kind of strange. What purpose would anyone have for moving the carpet mat on top of the seats and pulling the beads off the mirror?

If its the back seats and the carpet mat is on top of these it might be for someone to lie down on.

The beads may have been pulled off during some kind of struggle. I would imagine that LE would find some beads on the floor of the car, but there was no mention of that in the article.

The only reason I can think of for the mats being on top of the seat would be so that any 'evidence' wasn't transferred onto the back seats, although, I see no reason for the mats to be left behind if this were the case.

(respectfully snipped, BBM)

Let's say they have identified a suspect, though... wouldn't they let the public know that she is believed to be in immediate danger? If they had good indication that she was abducted? During the last press conference, the LE guy seemed pretty calm and didn't seem to be stressing any great urgency about the situation. That was my take on it, anyways. What did you think about his demeanor? Or am I reading too much into that?

Maybe it's not a suspect..maybe they have a good idea what happened, but need to piece it together before making an arrest/announcement. Especially with what happened with baby Gabriel's 'mother' yesterday...all T's crossed. All I's dotted..

I was looking for something else and I found this page:

https://m.facebook.com/harry.oakes.9

Post about being asked to join the search for WH (maybe part of the PI effort Clint mentioned?), conducting a search, and then asked to stop by GPD. He does ask all private landowners in certain areas to please do a property search. Which IMO is a good idea.

His name rings a bell. Kyron H case maybe??

If its the back seats and the carpet mat is on top of these it might be for someone to lie down on.

..or step on. If there was foul play, putting a floormat on the seat is a good way to step on/over the seat without making a distinct muddy print on the interior. Either that, or someone was trying too gather all the beads and hope no one realized it was there to begin with. Either way, if something happened, I assure you they weren't expecting such a quick police response and investigation. They panicked and got sloppy, which is good...

..or step on. If there was foul play, putting a floormat on the seat is a good way to step on/over the seat without making a distinct muddy print on the interior. Either that, or someone was trying too gather all the beads and hope no one realized it was there to begin with. Either way, if something happened, I assure you they weren't expecting such a quick police response and investigation. They panicked and got sloppy, which is good...

Or maybe the car had been vacuumed? I've pulled my floor mats up and vacuumed them individually, as well as vacuumed under them. Maybe someone was cleaning out the car and just left the mats laid out.

I tell you what, though.... slightly O/T.... I've had this police scanner going all night, and it has been literally non-stop chatter! Drunk people, domestic disturbances, rowdy behavior. One thing right after another after another. There sure is a lot going on in that county on a Thursday night!

This is an older article, and if this has already been posted, please forgive me. Here are the times of the debit card transactions:

Police say that several transaction were made on Heichel’s debit card the morning she went missing, including once at a gas station at 9:14 a.m. and again at ATM machines and other gas stations at 9:22 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.

According to a report done by MSN, which cites a missing person flyer, a gas station attendant at one of the stations said he remembered seeing her SUV and said Heichel was sitting in the passenger seat with a man driving. The man reportedly bought a small amount of gas.
http://www.ibtimes.com/whitney-heic...k-authorities-say-missing-persons-case-848727

So the card was used at:
9:14 a.m.
9:22 a.m.
9:30 a.m.

Like I said, maybe where you live it is different. Here, I am already afraid of the people who work INSIDE the gas station, much less a man outside.

And I beg to differ, when it comes to my or my children's safety, I'll judge a book by it's cover any darn day. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I teach my children to judge books by their covers, as well. The reality is that the majority of strangers are kind, caring people and would never harm them. Instead, I teach that ALL strangers are harmful, just to protect them from that very small percentage of those who would. I don't care if they made a billion dollars last year, I would never order a pizza to be delivered while I was home alone, and when we did live in an area that delivered, I always made my husband pay and deal with the delivery guy. We've been in our new house well over a year now, but I still won't let my daughter sleep in her bedroom because of all of the workers that were in and out and know exactly which room was hers. I'm pretty sure they were all decent guys, and I know they make good money because I dished it out to them, however, that doesn't make them SAFE. My husband has a dirty job at times, but also has a thick wallet. :wink: If I didn't know him, I'd run the other way from his dingy, dirty self in a parking lot, and I wouldn't be offended by anyone who felt the same way. I judge books by their covers so I don't end up being a thread on WS, and there are very, very few books I deem safe enough to read.

I think you missed the point. It was your quote about them not being safe because it's a bottom of the barrel job and they are not "college graduates." The point was that just because someone has a college degree, they aren't necessarily more safe than the guy at the gas station.

But since you seem to have determined every to be unsafe, it's a moot point. There is some good reading by the way about Stranger Danger not necessarily being the best thing to teach your kids. If they are lost and in trouble, they need to know who they can approach (one article suggests telling them to find a mom with kids) for help and there isn't always a nice police officer in uniform available. Just a suggestion.

Back to the Whitney...

No, it does not. However, I'm not running for Miss Congeniality. I'm talking about safety. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post. I'm not talking about judging people's religions, morals, ethics, etc. I'm not spitting at these people and kicking them in the shins. I'm talking about a common sense dose of reality. I'm sorry if that makes me seem like a bad guy, but I am just being statistical and realistic. Studies show that higher crime is related to lower education levels.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/crimwage.htm

"COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new study provides some of the best evidence to date that low wages and unemployment make less-educated men more likely to turn to crime.

Researchers examined national crime rates between 1979 and 1997 and found much of the increase in crime during that period can be explained by falling wages and rising unemployment among men without college educations."

When there's a serial killer, everyone says, "Yep... gotta be a white guy." Statistically, it will be. Are there plenty who are not? Of course.

Sorry for the OT. :blush:

I love studies like this. Yes, if you have less education you tend to have lower paying jobs and/ or live at the poverty level. I would hazard a guess that the increase in crimes due to poverty are generally property crimes, drugs, identity theft, etc. and yes, these can also lead to violence. But I would like to see a study that says a lower education level increases your odds of being a rapist, kidnapper or murderer (not in the commission of a crime motivated by money, drugs, etc.)

Quick timeline of the car's whereabouts (feel free to add to it, or correct me if I'm wrong) (and again, I so apologize if this has already been posted):

6:45 a.m. - left home

card used at various gas stations/atm's:

11:17 a.m. - car found in Wal-Mart parking lot

some time between leaving home and car being found in parking lot, car was at Dodge Park and Larch Mountain

So in the span of approx 4 1/2 hours, the vehicle and its occupants (Whitney and/or suspect and/or companion?) visited, at the very least, 3 different gas stations/atm's, 2 different parks, the Wal-Mart, plus driving distances between them all. That's an awful lot of movement.

What if the passenger was NOT Whitney, but a female who may have looked like her? I don't get the stopping at two gas stations, nor the two-plus-hour timeframe between 6:45 am and 9:15 am when her vehicle showed up at the first station. Very hinky, especially since a perp would normally lay low and get-the-heck-outta-Dodge instead of hang around the area where the abduction/vehicle theft occurred. Makes no sense at all.

Interesting. Maybe wanting her to be seen so it would be reported that she was in the car and looked fine? OK...I've watched to many episodes of Law and Order.

Quick timeline of the car's whereabouts (feel free to add to it, or correct me if I'm wrong) (and again, I so apologize if this has already been posted):

6:45 a.m. - left home

card used at various gas stations/atm's:

11:17 a.m. - car found in Wal-Mart parking lot

some time between leaving home and car being found in parking lot, car was at Dodge Park and Larch Mountain

So in the span of approx 4 1/2 hours, the vehicle and its occupants (Whitney and/or suspect and/or companion?) visited, at the very least, 3 different gas stations/atm's, 2 different parks, the Wal-Mart, plus driving distances between them all. That's an awful lot of movement.

I haven't looked at the distances between all of these places, but at first glace at this timeline, I would suspect that maybe she/they went from home to one of the parks, then the gas stations and atm's, then the other park, then the Wal-Mart. And I guess that maybe the window was broken after the trips to the gas stations, or else someone may have noticed (unless they pulled all the glass entirely out so that it looked like the window was just rolled down - but having the window out would make it all the easier for Whitney to try to get help if she was under duress). So, to sum it up, I'm thinking:

left home
went to park
went to gas stations and atms
went to other park, broke window
dropped car in the walmart parking lot

Oh I should not have read comments on FB. People are so rude. If you can't say anything nice, helpful or supportive on her missing page, walk away. What is wrong with these people?

Krey, I agree a lot of movement. I was thinking yesterday she might have interrupted a break in while getting to her car. Then it all went downhill. The driving around for a couple hrs, needing gas, possibly she's already been assaulted. If the person was local and on foot they might have wanted to keep it local when they finally ended with the car at Wal-mart. MOO.

Just a thought... Whitney must have realized that when she didn't show up at work they would try to contact her, and if they could not get hold of her, the logical assumption would be that they would phone her husband (as he would likely be her emergency contact). Her abductor must have realized this too, unless he was not thinking clearly (for whatever reason, drugs, mental illness, etc - all speculation at this point). Was Whitney hoping that her husband realized something was wrong (as he did), and that he would look for her?

And where were they for the two hours between the start of her shift and the sighting at the gas station? I would think it would be incredibly risky to be driving around when there was a chance there were people out looking for her, especially as it doesn't seem she was an unreliable employee who often didn't show up for work.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the trip to the gas station, considering she had already been missing for over two hours. Surely if the abductor had intentions of harming her, they wouldn't have made the trip to the gas station. And if he had abducted her for the purpose of taking money from her, why wait two hours to use her card?

It makes more sense for the woman in the car to be someone other than Whitney, so I wonder how reliable the gas station attendant is? Surely they would have a lot of cars coming through, so perhaps other posters are right, and this isn't Whitney but someone who looks similar? Eye witness accounts are not always accurate, it's surprising how much information people can miss, even if they feel they remember everything about a certain event.

There's so much in this case that doesn't make sense, I really hope LE have more information than they are letting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC