GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the gas station visits are reported to be over 2 hrs after he took her. I'm guessing he might have been driving around (maybe Dodge Park?), assaulted her, then got gas and went to Larch Mtn?

He could say, "my wife is missing , we fought and she left me, help me find her. love her to death blah blah blah and my car wont start.."
I think he assaulted her at Larch Mountain...
maybe 1 to 2 hours is purely drama on the car , trying to get her sympathy but didnt really work, or they could be driving around looking for someone before they decided to go larch mountain

wonder why Whitney didnt even try calling her work to say she will be late or out because of emergency or call clinton since they have like 2 hours roaming around or even try to call at the gas station

Speculating again, but he didn't let her use her phone? Or he threatened to harm her husband and/or family. They know they were at Dodge Park too, doing something. :(

Agree with the wisdom of profile privacy. But you can elect to show your photos only to certain people on Facebook, too. Put your friends in groups, and make photos or comments public or private to specific groups.

the problem is, when you tag someone or some friends who comment to your picture, it still come out on newsfeed and the friends of your friends could still see your photo..

O/t: All law-abiding citizens please set your FB to 'friends only'!!!! You can also set who sees your tagged photos.

the problem is, when you tag someone or some friends who comment to your picture, it still come out on newsfeed and the friends of your friends could still see your photo..

I have my privacy adjusted so that no one can tag photos with my name without my approval, first. (I don't worry too much about generic photos out there that might have me in them not identified.)

I was a long-time lurker back in the early Kyron days, and recently found this site again when Whitney went missing.

Being from Portland and very close to the Gresham area (I used to live 2 blocks away from her Starbucks) I have my own timeline that may be feasible...

She's getting into her car for work, and for whatever reason Holt is there... he gets into her car and regardless of what is said, she is absolutely terrified. They drive to Dodge Park, which would take probably 20 minutes or so from her apartment. He may have had motive or whatever to go out that direction, as it would be early and no one really around on the highway. Some amount of time was spent out at the park, leaving evidence, and then they head back into town. Then they head back to Gresham, stop at the first gas station, dump the phone, second gas station, and then he drives out of Larch Mountain. I think it's possible that at this time she was still in the front of the car, absolutely terrified because of what had already happened, being that the seats were down, etc. After going to Larch Mtn. and leaving Whitney (and more evidence, including the license plate) he then headed back to Walmart where he left the car. It seems like the amount of time to drive to these locations would make sense :(

I guess I better sign out for now and take a break, but want to give big <<HUGS>> to all fellow websleuthers. This is only the second case I've been involved with here (the first one to a much greater extent), but I do want to say that you guys are AWESOME!!! Every single one of you are full of kindness, warmth, compassion, thoughtfulness, resourcefullness, and intelligence. I love being a part of the group. I only hope that the next case will have a happier ending. Again, my thoughts go out to Whitney's husband, family, friends, community, religious community, and LE that worked the case. I'm so very sorry for your loss :(

there was a link to a page about lying eyes on the "where is whitney" site with a commentary on husband's actions, expressions, etc. i felt so sad after i read that becuz i really hoped the husband was innocent....my gut told me he was, but then you read all the speculation and are reminded of the facts of how rare "stranger to stranger" crimes like this are.

it IS a REALLY good reminder that no one knows how they would act under similar duress. if people say things backwards or in a way that "seems suspicious" we need to remember the stress levels of family who are dealing with this.

reminds me of the poster who on an earlier thread commented how she found an intruder in her home, had a phone in her hand but couldn't / didn't call 911 becuz she was in a state of shock and not thinking clearly. we have to be really careful not to jump to conclusions.

yes, a very good reminder.

heartbroken for the family!

FWIW, this wasn't a stranger on stranger crime.

FWIW, this wasn't a stranger on stranger crime.

I think the OP was saying this type of crime is rarely stranger to stranger, not that it was stranger to stranger.

Getting so late I'm reading things 3 times and still not getting them!

Police: Whitney Hiechel's Body Found; Suspect Arrested

October 20, 2012

kval.com/news

"Police arrested 24-year-old Jonathan Daniel Holt, of Gresham, on a charge of aggravated murder after a series of interiews with Holt."

At site, please find Multnomah County booking photo of Jonathan Daniel Holt.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-evidence-telling-a-story......

(Hope this works for you all... I am lousy with links...)

I'm just now catching up on here. I got back on my computer in time to watch the presser. Couldn't bring myself to go to bed with news of the ME on Larch Mt. I am heartbroken for Clint and Whitney's family. Now I know why they fell apart at this afternoon's PC.

Thank you to those who transcribed the later PC. Although I was able to watch it, it kept cutting in and out. And WS froze up on me right before the PC. Must have been due to the high volume on the sites.

Just want to say that I believe there is at least one more arrest yet to come. The timeline doesn't add up with one perp. According to LE, JDH went to Dodge Park and Larch Mt. before going to the gas station. IIRC, that was at 9:14 a.m. Tues. But, Whitney's SUV wasn't on the surveillance footage from that gas station. So, if her debit card was used then, the person was driving their own vehicle. But, Whitney's SUV wasn't dropped off in the Wal-Mart parking lot until @ 11:00 a.m. Also, I noticed on the map that the total trip - to Dodge Park and Larch Mt. back to the Wal-Mart parking lot takes nearly 3 hours. Then, there is the additional time they spent at the park and Larch Mt. during which time poor Whitney was murdered. Meanwhile, someone used Whitney's debit card to buy gas and supposedly withdraw money from ATM's (unconfirmed?). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this crime could've been committed by one person.

I really need to get some sleep. Not sure if I can now. Was dozing off at my computer trying to catch up on the thread before the PC. Now, just feeling so bad for Clint and the family. They will never completely heal.

October 20, 2012

kval.com/news

"Police arrested 24-year-old Jonathan Daniel Holt, of Gresham, on a charge of aggravated murder after a series of interiews with Holt."

Here is the correct link

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-evidence-telling-a-story-in-missing-woman-case-175019181.html

;)

October 20, 2012

kval.com/news

It didn't work, not sure why. Try this one:

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-evidence-telling-a-story-in-missing-woman-case-175019181.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH