GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is so strange about this is that the occupants of the SUV kept going to places with video cameras...more than one ATM.More than one gas station.Parking in the Walmart parking lot... and yet,so far at least, they have not been located.... Why would an abductor deliberately place himself at these locations ? Where his image could be seen and recorded ? And it just doesn't sound like some guy looking for drug $$$ .... JMO

Just wanted to bring out this point in another incident:

http://clackamas.katu.com/news/news/497112-deputies-search-man-they-say-assaulted-woman-apartment

Deputies search for man they say assaulted woman in apartment

--drawing of his face on the website.

Just bringing out the strange things that have happened around Gresham around the same time. Also it is that time of the year - Halloween when lot of young women disappear.

i wonder if the gas attendant could say if this sketch looked anything like the man he/she saw driving Whitney's car?

hey ya'll! i've been thinking about this case a lot since a friend of mine told me about it yesterday. i tried to get caught up as much as possible before posting and here are some of my thoughts:

1. the thing about the back tires makes me think the car was backed into a muddy area where maybe the front tires stuck out and didnt get into the mud. perhaps the perp did this to have more privacy to do the unthinkable in the back of the car and still be able to see someone coming with a view out the front window. also seems to be something that this person might do a lot because the car was backed into that spot at the walmart lot.

i have a few ideas about the broken window... after seeing where her car was parked on the google maps thing, it made me wonder if that's where she usually parks. with bushes on the passenger side of the car and with it being dark, it would be pretty easy for a perp to break the window & get inside the car and just wait and watch for her to come out to the car
. she might have opened the drivers side door and then noticed that it was broken and at that point the perp forced her into the car. any glass fragments found in other areas could have been tracked out of the car with shoes or fallen out when the passenger door opened. or -- of course, there's the possibility that Whitney tried to bail out by smashing the window out either in a struggle (hate thinking that) or just when she thought she had an opportunity. altho - i would think if she was going to attempt to bail, she would have done it at, say, the gas station since others would be around to help and witness. that is if she felt she was in danger at that point.

3. i do get the feeling that she already knew what situation she was in when she got to the gas station because so much time had already lapsed between the time she left her house and the time they got to the gas station.

4. i feel like this is someone who has maybe seen Whitney a few times and sort of stalked her. or maybe she had an ex-boyfriend that could have been trouble.

i'd just like to know a couple things...

- can we add the time that her boss called the husband to the timeline?
- does anyone have the address to the starbucks she worked at? i'd like to look it up on google maps and just see if it looks like there are any places a perp might be able to hide and wait for her there.

I may be totally off here, but IMO the window was broken by someone trying to get INTO the car not OUT of it.

Like you said why wouldn't she call attn while at the gas station?
The attendant was SO CLOSE!

I do question whether someone was in the car as she left for work!

speculation about family members:
Any speculation about the family members of Whitney is not acceptable until or unless they are named a person of interest or a suspect.

This is the third time I've seen this warning from the mods. Just taking note. :saber:

I have a question and I apologize if it has already been confirmed but I cannot recall. Who saw Whitney that morning? Does anyone think its possible whatever happened went down the previous evening? Why are we so focused on just that morning? Am I missing something?

How convenient to be given an explanation by the neighbor for why her fingerprints would be on the steering wheel.

Folks, I have a feeling this story is going to shock us all.

What is so strange about this is that the occupants of the SUV kept going to places with video cameras...more than one ATM.More than one gas station.Parking in the Walmart parking lot... and yet,so far at least, they have not been located.... Why would an abductor deliberately place himself at these locations ? Where his image could be seen and recorded ? And it just doesn't sound like some guy looking for drug $$$ .... JMO

I agree. Plus a young woman on her way to work at starbucks, driving a late 90's suv, doesn't quite seem like the best quick money source for a junky.

FWIW - i have a 98 explorer and the windows and locks are all automatic. i don't think there is a feature on mine to lock the passenger door (like a safety/childs lock)... but mine is a 2-door and maybe that only comes on 4-doors since children are *SUPPOSED TO BE* in the back seat. if that was the case, the perp may have set the safety lock so she couldn't get out at one of their multiple apparent stops.

I have a question and I apologize if it has already been confirmed but I cannot recall. Who saw Whitney that morning? Does anyone think its possible whatever happened went down the previous evening? Why are we so focused on just that morning? Am I missing something?

I believe a gas station attendant saw her in the passenger side of the vehicle that morning.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Is there any chance that the two passengers seen by the gas station attendant were NOT Whitney and a kidnapper? Maybe they were two other people close to this case!

How convenient to be given an explanation by the neighbor for why her fingerprints would be on the steering wheel.

Wow, that's a very interesting point, but I assume we shouldn't pursue it. Good catch though.

Her husband saw her that morning. That is why the focus is on that morning. There is also a witness at the gas station that allegedly saw her, according to reports, around 9 in the morning.

I often post this on threads (so, sorry for those who have heard it many times before)...but there IS such a thing as being scared stiff. For those wondering why she didn't do x,y,z...and those who are trying to process her actions/inactions on that morning, I want to tell you that I once had an intruder in my house and a phone in my hand and it never occurred to me to dial 911. What, you say? Why? Because your mind is not in the normal state it would be in when fear is racing through it. What you think you might do, should do under traumatic circumstances is not always what you do when you are not able to take the time to process things clearly. Just sharing my experience.
Thus, I refrain from judging why she did or didn't do a certain thing that day...she was likely in a state or terror and fear. IMO.

Her husband saw her that morning. That is why the focus is on that morning. There is also a witness at the gas station that allegedly saw her, according to reports, around 9 in the morning.

Did the gas station witness specifically ID the female seen as Whitney? I was under the impression that it was simply stated that a female was in the passenger seat.

Wow, that's a very interesting point, but I assume we shouldn't pursue it. Good catch though.

My first thought when I read about the neighbor parking for her was, I wonder if they backed it into the space.

Did the gas station witness specifically ID the female seen as Whitney? I was under the impression that it was simply stated that a female was in the passenger seat.

The police wouldn't confirm the sighting to my understanding (from watching the press conference yesterday) nor discuss any specifics about it.

My first thought when I read about the neighbor parking for her was, I wonder if they backed it into the space.

"She just said she hadn't been feeling good and was tired," Spencer said. "She actually had asked me, she goes, 'Can you come over here for a minute?' She asked if she had bumped the car in front of her. I said, 'No. You're about two inches away from it, actually. I was like, 'Do you want me to just re-park it for you?' She said, 'Yeah,' kind of embarrassed to ask."
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...-that-belongs-to-missing-woman-174894441.html

unless the neighbor pulled the car back out and backed in it would seem she was most likely pulled in front ways.:twocents:

hey ya'll! i've been thinking about this case a lot since a friend of mine told me about it yesterday. i tried to get caught up as much as possible before posting and here are some of my thoughts:

i'd just like to know a couple things...

- can we add the time that her boss called the husband to the timeline?
- does anyone have the address to the starbucks she worked at? i'd like to look it up on google maps and just see if it looks like there are any places a perp might be able to hide and wait for her there.

2442 Southeast Burnside Road, Gresham, OR, I'm pretty sure

"She just said she hadn't been feeling good and was tired," Spencer said. "She actually had asked me, she goes, 'Can you come over here for a minute?' She asked if she had bumped the car in front of her. I said, 'No. You're about two inches away from it, actually. I was like, 'Do you want me to just re-park it for you?' She said, 'Yeah,' kind of embarrassed to ask."
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...-that-belongs-to-missing-woman-174894441.html

unless the neighbor pulled the car back out and backed in it would seem she was most likely pulled in front ways.:twocents:

if it was street parking, it looks like it was parallel.

i seriously STINK at parallel parking. sometimes i'll pull in front forward trying to park... won't be able to do it, so i'll have my hubby come out and park for me (we park on the curb directly in front of our house). when he does, it never fails that he basically starts all over and pulls the car completely away from the curb and reverses it into the parallel spot. i see people do it that way a lot. it scares the crud out of me every time i try. haha.

FWIW it looks like the SUV would be "gassed up" on the Left side of the vehicle... so maybe an attendant wouldn't notice if the window was broken or just rolled down?

Ya think if he/she saw the female they would remember something about the position of the window... maybe not.

AND I do agree she may have been paralyzed in fear, but if the man seemed "nervous" I wonder what the demeanor of the woman was... or if it was even stated..
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member