GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-will be a short one-about 10 mins

a new search location according to news lead

Confused. Wasn't the cell phone found yesterday at 5:30ish not the day she went missing? (looking at timeline above)

Yes, it was a different day but I forgot to note that. It doesn't fundamentally change anything though.

Good catch!

Press

search is still going on, should be done soon

cell phone text messages:

analysis-were messages from Clint & family looking for her whereabouts

I'm sorry to harp on this, but I feel like there is a whole other dimension to this case that we don't know because we know nothing about Clint. That's not to suggest he did anything. His work could involve him with people who may be mentally unstable or who may want revenge. His family might have money, thus creating a ransom situation. Etc...

Presser - Grandjean is "pleased" with what they've found in the vehicle so far, but won't say what it is. Hmm!

not going to speak to kind of evidence we have
findwhitney website - endorsed by family

-phone was locked, but could see the messages

-smart phone: we're pulling t data

cell was off; it was locked, but sometimes u can see the messages on it

-forensic evidence tells us a story
-cannot tell story right now
-not sharing w/u all; not appropriate

I'm sure someone has already posted this, but anyways... here's a clip from this morning's presser. It says that it IS a smart phone. Sounds like the phone was found on the route from the gas station to the walmart.

Listen to what he's saying about it being a criminal investigation, though. He's addressing why it's being treated as such, and he's saying that it was treated this way from the beginning because it's more prudent to assume that it is and be wrong, than to assume that it isn't and be wrong (if that makes sense!). What I don't hear him hinting at is any belief that a crime did indeed occur.

Of course, maybe I missed something... this is only a small clip, and I didn't see the whole presser.....

ETA: Oops, SORRY, here's the link for the clip: http://www.kgw.com/video?id=174973451&sec=547977&ref=articlevidmod

Who are the 2 men in this video. The one seated with the bald/ shaved head, and the one standing with the dark hair?

video tape analysis is a long process; nothing that we want to share

no mixed message given to community re stranger on stranger crimes are rare earlier statement
even if it is stranger on stranger>that remains true [it's rare]

Media: "How do you know the vehicle was found at 11:17?" Grandjean: "Through video"

Media worded that incorrectly *I* think, I think media should have asked how do they know it was LEFT THERE at 11:17.

Snipped by me...

There are only two videos on this link, and one is 3 minutes and one is ~12 minutes...

I've only followed one other case here - local Kyron Horman. And I remember this happening then too where key videos would not get uploaded to youtube for posterity and news websites would change the videos out without keeping distinct urls!

I just checked and luckily you CAN still find it there.

Underneath their current video you see gray area - slide over a couple more videos until you see one that is just over 24 minutes long. It is hidden from view unless you slide over to it. That 24 minute video is the press conference from yesterday that I referred to in the TIMELINE post.

Thank you for noticing the video swap outs at that news site! One of the worse things any site can do on the web is fail to preserve links to material that people are linking to. Terrible design and architecture - not thinking clearly.

We're getting closer. The Troutdale search began 90 minutes ago and that's continuing as we speak.
Text message information: there were cell messages from Clint and family, I can't remember the exact wording but it was about looking for her whereabouts.
Processing vehicle: we are starting to get some of the results back, we are very very pleased with the evidence we are getting back from the vehicle processing.
There was a question earlier about a website called: FindWhitneyHeichel.com and it is set up and endorsed by the family. That's all I have.
Q: are we talking about text messages or voice mails from Clint and the family. Was it found on or off?
A: I'm talking about text messages. The phone was off and then turned on. Even when it's locked you can see messages on the front.
Q: You'd mentioned that you could get DNA or fingerprints, are you getting evidence off of it?
A: Yes, there is more than physical evidence. It's a smart phone and those are complex, the analysis takes time but there is valuable information on there.
Q: Would that include GPS evidence?
A: WE are hopeful there will be GPS evidence.
Q: any tips leading to new search areas
A: No

Have not had any evidence from Troutdale apts, but we are continuing to search.
No chopper that he knows of today.

I don't know if you were here before. The forensic evidence tells us the story. I will share the story when it's appropriate. The logical way is to put your head down and follow the evidence.
The story is being told absolutely. I'm not sharing it with all.
We'll still searching a Larch Mtn, but it's taking longer and they are being more diligent.
I'm not sure how late they were out searching last night, but they were there until they were exhausted.

They are getting closer to finding a suspect because of the evidence.
The three different search areas have been a challenge.
Q: Anything you have found in Troutdale or with the vehicle lead you to believe a crime has been committed?
A: The length of time she has been gone, 4 days or 3 days, the explanations become more troubling. So the more time goes on the likelihood a crime has occurred increases.
Q:
A: Cell phone process will be a long process.

If we find that this is a stranger on stranger crime, they are still rare. We don't know now. EVen if this is a stranger on stranger crime they are rare.

People manning tip-line have been busy.
Vehicle found at 11:17 and they know that through video.
What should people keep their eye out for this weekend? If anyone sees anything they think would be tied to this case, we ask them not to touch it and call the police. If you see something we want to know about it, but ask that you do it with a little bit of care.

Q: I know that earlier today a local man found broken glass on the side of the road, and he was concerned about it. Is there something specific you are looking for, a piece of the car?
A: No, there isn't anything particular. That's why it's taking so long. As you go back and see how the story fits...any information we get is helpful. As we get info we evaluated it and classify it as useful or not.
Q: I wouldn't characterize it as a crime scene, but we are proceeding as if it were criminal because that's the thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper