GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he probably stayed up all night getting high and drinking Four Loko, and was skulking around when he saw poor Whitney leaving for work. :mad:

I'm pretty sure Oregon has banned Four Loko. I wonder if those cans are old? I'm not sure you can buy them in Washington, either.

:what:Could he have watched her friend park her car a notice it was not locked and gotten in before she went to work?

(one of my biggest fears)
At which point I WILL TAKE MY CHANCES and drive full speed into the first telephone pole I see... while they are unbuckled WITH the hope that the airbags won't hurt THAT bad and he will get messed up!

A friend of a friend got car jacked here after Katrina...
A guy saw the gun he had on her as he drove...
He followed them, but the perp shot her anyway. (she died)

Luckily he got shot back as he tried to escape! (SO DID HE!!!)

RIP Kimberly!
http://kimberlyboydlegacy.org/thestory.html * a REALLY good read from her hubs!

I'm pretty sure Oregon has banned Four Loko. I wonder if those cans are old? I'm not sure you can buy them in Washington, either.

Yeah it's banned in Washington and California too. I guess you may be able to get it in Nevada or Idaho. I wonder if there's a black market for it or something. Gross.

Thanks Knox. Course at least in this case the released the info about the ATM and the car quickly and there was a good timeline to work off of. I just wish we could get more timelines released like that...
I am so sorry that these people had to go through this, but so glad that they were there to put their heads and hearts together and make it happen.

I think this family did some incredible detective work on their own. They were very proactive, without (as far as I could tell) interfering with LE and their investigation. Having access to those bank records and finding the vehicle were key.

I am very curious about the account from the attendant, in which he said Whitney was in the passenger seat. I hope we find out the truth, that detail is haunting me. I guess I keep thinking how it was a lost opportunity to save her life .
icon9.gif

You know, for some reason I've been operating on the assumption that the perp broke the window...it just occurred to me that Whitney could have done it herself. One scenerio that comes to mind-if he was in the drivers seat, he would have control over the window lock. Maybe while they were driving she first tried to roll down the window to flag down or scream for help, and when she couldn't she smashed it out.

ETA-She could have tried to jump out of the window too.

Maybe Clint has "PI's" in the family??/

Yeah it's banned in Washington and California too. I guess you may be able to get it in Nevada or Idaho. I wonder if there's a black market for it or something. Gross.

It isn't banned in Oregon and Washington anymore.. They changed the formula so they could continue to sell.

I think this family did some incredible detective work on their own. They were very proactive, without (as far as I could tell) interfering with LE and their investigation. Having access to those bank records and finding the vehicle were key.

Wonder if this is why Clint was so broken up and her Mom kept referring to her in past tense as early as Thursday morning (iirc), because church groups had already found whatever evidence turned out to prove she died in Dodge Park.

Wonder if this is why Clint was so broken up and her Mom kept referring to her in past tense as early as Thursday morning (iirc), because church groups had already found whatever evidence turned out to prove she died in Dodge Park.

I can't remember where, but someone mentioned the family or maybe a church member, had contacted Harry Oaks. IIRC, HO in turn mentioned this on his facebook page, so people were repeating what he said. Perhaps he was advising/offered advice to the searchers.

If thee were bloody clothes found and she was taken from point A to point B...
Then there was blood in her car, and no telling what else!

Poor guy!
Poor mama!
Poor daddy and siblings and friends etc...
Poor Whitney...:tears:

You know, for some reason I've been operating on the assumption that the perp broke the window...it just occurred to me that Whitney could have done it herself. One scenerio that comes to mind-if he was in the drivers seat, he would have control over the window lock. Maybe while they were driving she first tried to roll down the window to flag down or scream for help, and when she couldn't she smashed it out.

ETA-She could have tried to jump out of the window too.

I have a tool like the one below in my glove box for breaking a car window in an emergency...from the time we found out the window was broken out, I've been thinking perhaps W had one and used it but haven't seen the possibility mentioned:

http://www.target.com/p/travelon-4-in-1-car-emergency-tool-yellow/-/A-12266739?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C12266739&CPNG=Automotive&kpid=12266739&ci_gpa=pla&ci_sku=12266739

I think so. If you recall, the police statement weds or thurs was something like "we are very pleased with the evidence we have obtained..."

I thought that was a very odd statement ("pleased") since it was most likely forensic evidence which would imply murder vs recovery of a missing (live) person.

So if they were "pleased with the evidence," LE had already concluded she was dead, IMO, and the reason LE referred to it as positive was it was helping them track down the killer. They were way ahead of the public, and I think they had given the family some indications of this being the likely outcome.

Hope I'm making sense...tired and past my bedtime.

I said the exact same thing right after the 2nd presser, when Clint fell apart and was unable to speak to the media
and after Whitney's mom spoke of her in the past tense... and especially because the family spokesman had said
they hoped "they'd catch whoever committed this horrible crime."

LE had not admitted that a crime had taken place at that time.

It just seemed as though LE had a lot more evidence than they were telling us about.
I also said that it seemed they had told the family they had evidence or strong suspicions
that something horrible had happened to Whitney.

I also believed that they knew/suspected very early on who their POI was....
but had to keep everything they knew or possessed close to the vest, for obvious reasons.

From a Community SAR perspective I would love to know more about how the church group that was searching ended up at both Dodge and Larch Mtn.. I'm curious to know if this came through Clint from his conversations with LE or if LE gave them this info. or what? No way did they end up there just by chance.
Whatever the case is, I am so glad they were able to recover so much that helped bring closure so quickly. I just want to know if it was them putting things together on their own through tidbits, or if LE was actually cooperating with them, as this could be an interesting model for future searches.
There are certainly cases where I firmly believe that if the public or volunteer SAR teams had more information they might have been a whole lot more successful, so is this a case I can point to to say "see what happens when we work together" (ok, so I wouldn't say it quite like that, but you know what I mean)

I have an iphone, and have set up the app "find my phone." If I misplace my phone, I can log in and see exactly where on a map my phone is at the moment. When Whitney failed to show up to work that morning, I suppose it is possible her husband logged in to see where she was, via her phone, and saw that it showed up at Dodge Park and later Larch Mtn. He could have followed that while he was calling and calling trying to get hold of her. He could have told LE what he discovered using that app. Makes sense to me.

I wonder if the earlier break-ins the neighbors were saying to the news-reporters were done by this prep deliberately to test and see what happens - sound, anyone wakes up or comes out to investigate the noise of break-in, etc

I think this prep is a psycho (if not related to a cult along with his wife) and probably seeks thrill in this dark side pleasure. He probably has evidence of his dark pleasures in his house or in his storage-bins (if he had rented it somewhere). This is no doubt a planned abduction and his path of clues shows that he is a sane-criminal in his thinking trying to dispose proof.

I still believe someone helped him at some point and the LE has to investigate all his friends and his movements (which I am sure they are doing). A guy with a bike definitely has some egoistic friends who would only think about themselves.

Still can't figure out why that person on FB first hinted that she saw a girl curled up on a dead tree. If they saw that girl alive, it only means that was someone else, probably his wife or another prep. But, I can't take what they said as the absolute truth but it is the same place where WH was found.

I also couldn't believe that prep has no prior history. May be something that has not been determined yet? or other past-crimes still not determined. Because if he abducted her right on that Tuesday morning, he has already planned well what to do next. An abduction in a morning is a very bold move for a criminal to be his first crime.

Also, may be he had planned on abducting that Monday night when WH returned but her neighbor probably came in the path. The Monday night was a new-moon night - the darkest night.

"Pleased" - That word ticked me off. I've had years of public relations experience -- nothing should be "pleasing" about the kind of work LE was doing and their progress should have never been described like that to the public. Maybe in his morning address to his staff "pleased" could have been used -- but not to the hopeful public, and that word definitely conveyed optimism when it sounds like they knew different. "We feel we will be able to solve this case soon" or "we are making significant progress" would have been better.

But, given all that LE has done to solve this, I'll forgive the bad word choice.

Do we have any evidence that Whitney left her apt building alive? Could he have asked her into his apartment for some reason and raped her then killed her and taken her to dump her body?

Someone asked about Dodge Park so I will try to describe it.

Dodge park is right next to the sandy river it is owned by the city of portland and is used for recreation and camping in the summer. There is one way in and one way out. As you go in there is a gravel road which expands to the back of the park which I would imagine is about a mile back. It is in a forested area and has camping spots and a large wooden building which serves as a shower, community picnic area and bathroom. There are Multiple large garbage cans through out the park. If you pulled way back in the back of the park no one could see or hear you. My question is Was the park locked the night before? When was the park unlocked. Next to dodge park there is the City of Portland's workshop where the city of portland employees get to work around 6-7am. There are a couple of houses that also surround dodge park.

Larch Mountain is a very popular hiking area ran by the forest service. There is a Parking lot and trails which lead to various sections of the mountain. Trees surround the area. I am actually surprised he chose this place because it is so popular. I would imagine a lot of people would be hiking (rain or shine here in oregon)

For whoever posted that JH's spouse resembles Whitney, could you please cite a source or direct us to that information? That would make the most sense if someone thought they saw Whitney (and her SUV) at the Shell gas station. If it wasn't Whitney in the passenger seat and someone who looked just like her then that would explain quite a lot. The SUV has tinted windows around it so it would be easy to put down the seats, place her there (possibly unconscious) and throw the carpet and floor mats on top to camoflage her. The gas tank is on the driver's side and the attendant placing the pump into the tank would literally be right at that back window and it probably made JH very nervous (along with everything else he did).

It is my opinion that there were two people involved, can't say for sure why I believe this -- just old age intuition. I'm curious about her phone. Does anyone know where exactly it was found on the grounds of Troutdale Terrace apartments (639 SW 257th Avenue Troutdale, OR 97060)? The street in front of those apartment is separated by a median. So if the cell was thrown by JH as he was heading NE-bound (possibly after going to the Shell at SE Stark & SW 257th Avenue Gresham) then it was quite a throw from the car. If he's right-handed he would have had to throw across his body but under the window frame (so not much torque) and it would have had to sail a distance of more than 65 feet minimum to reach the grounds of the apartment -- all while he was driving. If it was thrown heading SW-bound then he threw it across the passenger seat, through the passenger broken window and it would have still had to have been an impressive throw -- while he was driving. Which makes me believe someone in the passenger seat may have thrown it. Unless it was found further into the apartment grounds -- in which case, JH would have had to enter that apartment complex.

Or, was Whitney in the passenger seat and there was another guy in the back and he put his whole body out the window and tossed the phone across the median? Clearly, this is confusing me.

The charges for aggravated murder are in Clackamas county, so it appears they think the murder happened in or near Dodge Park. (Watching KATU local news at 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy