Oscar Pistorius Defense

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting post. From your post and the quotes, which I am not sure how to bring here, you say "All this sounds reasonable and proper." Does it? The only thing that sounds "reasonable" is keeping the driveway open, but nobody had called an ambulance.

This ambulance business is very confusing. When someone is hurt, even fatally injured, the first person to know calls an ambulance, usually. Or, if they are dealing directly with the emergency, they say to someone (Stander?): "Get help. Call an ambulance." Here we have at least three people that apparently didn't call.

Did anyone actually call and request an ambulance until Dr. Stipp did? There must be records. It seems an ambulance did arrive shortly after Dr. Stipp called. Was this because of his call?

At this point, I am not counting OP's call lasting 66 seconds, during which he was apparently told to "carry" a "mortally wounded" person in his car. I'd love to get to the bottom of that call. Would an emergency operator ever say something like that?

If someone at Netcare really did say that, it explains a lot about OP's behaviour. If they didn't, it changes a lot (for me at least). Are these calls recorded like the 911 calls in the US?

One explanation is that the Standers thought that OP had called an ambulance. I think all OP was concerned about was himself.

It would certainly help to understand all this if we hear testimony from one of the Standers and more information about the call to Netcare. Without this we can only guess.

BIB. Only if you think that he raped her.

But if I am to believe that I also have to believe that he would only allow her to dress in his Nike shorts and t-shirt after he did that. What was he going to do with her jeans, keep them as his trophy of his first rape?

No, I don't think he raped her, not at all. I was just throwing out the possibility that he pulled them off IF he was angry with her about no sex. Just putting ideas out there.

Do we even have confirmation that those were Reeva's jeans? I thought her mum whispered in court that they looked too big to be hers.

RSBM
I have not seen this text message from Reeva posted. It could be the one which was handed to the judge rather than read aloud in court. Roux said that he didn't want to read it because it might be an embarrassment to Reeva. It is the only small insight into that aspect of their relationship that is in evidence, as far as I know. The sex issue doesn't seem to be at issue in the states case.

On Jan. 9, 2013, Steenkamp jokes about giving Pistorius a lifelike replica of herself to keep him company when he’s lonely.

View attachment 43282

A combination of text message exchanges between Oscar Pistorius (incoming) and Reeva Steenkamp (outgoing).
“I’ll get a blowup doll that feels just like me. And shouts at u when u grope it,” says Steenkamp.
Pistorius answers with a smiley emoticon and then says, “Very realistic.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pi...-message-oscar-pistorius-im-scared-you-n60431

BBM

I'm not seeing the above bolded text messages in the attachment nor when I go to the NBC link. I only see text messages that have been read aloud in court.

No, I don't think he raped her, not at all. I was just throwing out the possibility that he pulled them off IF he was angry with her about no sex. Just putting ideas out there.

Do we even have confirmation that those were Reeva's jeans? I thought her mum whispered in court that they looked too big to be hers.

BIB. Yup, Nel said they are Reeva's jeans. He said that she was in a hurry to get dressed to leave. IIRC.

Just checking in to confirm it is tomorrow trial restarts? 9.30am SA time?

I see the trial thread's closed at the moment. I hope we'll still get a new one tomorrow.

Just checking in to confirm it is tomorrow trial restarts? 9.30am SA time?

I see the trial thread's closed at the moment. I hope we'll still get a new one tomorrow.

Correct on both counts.

Did OP say why Reeva would have gone to bed and left her jeans lying on the floor, especially given her description of him "incessantly picking on me"? I can't see her giving him reason to find fault with her.

OMG I had not seen that side of the bat before. It just hit home to me, per my previous post, he used the bat to hit her in the head. I'm no forensics expert but come on, what on earth is that blood on the corner of the bat?? And so well placed? Surely you'd hit with the top corner to create as much damage as possible. I'm sure he left a mark on her head and (in his sick mind) had no other option that to kill her. The fact that a bullet went into her head, (and I DO believe he could see her through the cracks in the door), he AIMED at her head to cover up the beating. How could they tell during the autopsy whether she was hit or not in the head? He had blown it away.
This makes me sick

BIB. So you believe that OP hit Reeva in the head with the cricket bat, and then fired a bullet through the door in to the exact injury that he caused to her head with the bat? See the attached photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 20
Did OP say why Reeva would have gone to bed and left her jeans lying on the floor, especially given her description of him "incessantly picking on me"? I can't see her giving him reason to find fault with her.

BIB. Yes. He said she kept her room at her home neat, but she kept her car messy.

RSBM
I have not seen this text message from Reeva posted. It could be the one which was handed to the judge rather than read aloud in court. Roux said that he didn't want to read it because it might be an embarrassment to Reeva. It is the only small insight into that aspect of their relationship that is in evidence, as far as I know. The sex issue doesn't seem to be at issue in the states case.

On Jan. 9, 2013, Steenkamp jokes about giving Pistorius a lifelike replica of herself to keep him company when he’s lonely.

View attachment 43282

A combination of text message exchanges between Oscar Pistorius (incoming) and Reeva Steenkamp (outgoing).
“I’ll get a blowup doll that feels just like me. And shouts at u when u grope it,” says Steenkamp.
Pistorius answers with a smiley emoticon and then says, “Very realistic.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pi...-message-oscar-pistorius-im-scared-you-n60431

Hmm... so from this text is is reasonable to pose that Oscar was groping Reeva a bit here and there as in maybe since they were both young and beautiful he had a hard time keeping his hands off of her. Also we can reasonably conclude that Reeva was comfortable enough with him to shout at him and even have a go of it in a text which would seem to indicate that she was not afraid of him or intimidated by him as of the time she sent that text.

Hmm... so from this text is is reasonable to pose that Oscar was groping Reeva a bit here and there as in maybe since they were both young and beautiful he had a hard time keeping his hands off of her. Also we can reasonably conclude that Reeva was comfortable enough with him to shout at him and even have a go of it in a text which would seem to indicate that she was not afraid of him or intimidated by him as of the time she sent that text.

Hi Carmelita - where have you been able to read the text regarding the blow-up doll? I clicked on the attachment in Homegirl's post, as well as the NBC link in her post, and I don't see any text message about a blow-up doll. Am I missing something? Is this for real, cos I'm not able to find it.

BBM - has it ever been suggested that Reeva was scared of OP 24/7? Not by anyone here, I don't think. Text messages read out in court showed she was scared of him sometimes, not all the time. Most women who have been brutally murdered probably had odd occasional periods in between the abuse where things seemed 'normal'.

Hi Carmelita - where have you been able to read the text regarding the blow-up doll? I clicked on the attachment in Homegirl's post, as well as the NBC link in her post, and I don't see any text message about a blow-up doll.

Sorry I was assuming the quote was accurate I was simply quoting Homegirl. It seems as if it is not really safe to respond to a post without independently verifying what was posted which is going to make for a very choppy discussions s it will take some time to verify every post that I want to respond to.

Again my apologies I will see if I can independently verify it.

BBM - has it ever been suggested that Reeva was scared of OP 24/7? Not by anyone here, I don't think. Text messages read out in court showed she was scared of him sometimes, not all the time. Most women who have been brutally murdered probably had odd occasional periods in between the abuse where things seemed 'normal'.

Sorry Soozie, you may want to reread my post I was not addressing the issue of whether posters here think or claim in consensus that Reeva was scared of Oscar.

It can't reasonably be argued that many posters here have not used Reeva's ""I’m scared of u sometimes" text to bolster the fact that they believe Oscar showed patterns of an abuser. I am simply suggesting that if the "shout" text is an actual message from Reeva it points to the fact that Reeva was comfortable shouting at Oscar, and the result of her shouting at Oscar was never anything that made her feel that it was forbidden or fearful, rather she felt comfortable enough to make a joke about it.

Sorry I was assuming the quote was accurate I was simply quoting Homegirl. It seems as if it is not really safe to respond to a post without independently verifying what was posted which is going to make for a very choppy discussions s it will take some time to verify every post that I want to respond to.

Again my apologies I will see if I can independently verify it.

No worries, Carmelita. :)

Several folks have responded to Homegirl's blow-up doll text post.

When I clicked on the attachment and then on the NBC link, I couldn't find the blow-up doll text messages in either place. I thought perhaps I was missing something that may have been there, so I googled the relevant phrase and the return search only yielded a questionable website and a few facebook pages, so I have no idea where this info is coming from.

If these particular texts exist, I haven't found any MSM that has reported on them.

I always try to verify info I read about here so that I can confirm for myself that what I'm reading is accurate & factual.

Well here is an NBC article that states Reeva did make such a text, it does not have a screenshot of the text though. It even gives a date for the text Jan. 9, 2013.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pi...-sick-people-want-fill-her-head-doubts-n64036

TY for finding that! Muchas gracias!

I find it strange that a screenshot of those messages wasn't included in the article, especially since a screenshot of other texts was included and even more especially since the purported texts about a blow-up doll are so titillating that I'm surprised a screenshot wasn't included in order for NBC to authenticate them.

Even though it's apparently been mentioned in an MSM article, I'm still skeptical since NBC didn't include a screenshot. I'm a tough audience.

Rape is usually quite evident at the time of autopsy. I can't imagine that if true this would not have been brought up by Nel. You might not be able to see traumatic changes from initially consensual relations that got out of hand.

For absolutely no reason except my own hunch, I don't think they had 'sex' that evening, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie