Oscar Pistorius Defense

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/I]

BBM

The phone 0020 which he made the calls was the one stolen and withheld for some time ..The unused phone was delibaretly put to the bathroom to deceive the police as if that was OP's phone on the scene which was used that night and handled to the police.. So it makes a lot of sense ..

But if the phone charged in the kitchen was 0020 then how did it disappear among lots of LE? and why dont we have the photos of the kitchen area .. the charged phone there ? and also wasn't Reeva's present in the kitchen ? JMO

BBM

After Van Rensburg was done inspecting the upstairs (his first trip), he came back down to the kitchen and asked Oscar if they were alone inside the house (meaning, were he and Reeva alone that night). Oscar responded, yes.

Van Rensburg let him know that he viewed him as a suspect and informed him of his rights, however he was not arresting him at that stage. He says he did this because there was still some information that needed to be followed up on first before he could make the arrest.

He did request Oscar to remain present at all times at the scene and they moved him to the garage.

Van Rensburg then testified that he was unsure if Oscar or his brother, Carl, called the lawyer (Oldwage).

At some point very shortly after that, Oldwage arrived.

According to Van Rensburg, the people who STILL HAD ACCESS TO OSCAR at this stage (while Oscar was in the garage) were: Mr. Stander, Ms. Stander, Carl and his lawyer.

No mention of Aimee having access, but we know she had access at some point to the upstairs and to Reeva's bag.

Oscar wasn't formally arrested until later that morning.

As for photos of the kitchen... I'd have to go back to look at the photo list to see if there are any in the albums but I don't believe there are. I know that we didn't see any during trial. The kitchen is not technically part of the crime scene. There's no blood spatter in there. And of course, the phone disappeared so the police wouldn't have known to take photos of it. Oscar was already in the garage when the photographer arrived, so he wouldn't have photographed him in the kitchen. I'm guessing these are among the reasons we didn't see any.

From the beginning OP had confessed to be the culprit (accident, intruder and so on). Why were other reasons required to have him arrested on the scene?

Where was the evidence that a policeman 'had plugged his cellphone into where the fan was' as OP said? Was that photo shown??

From the beginning OP had confessed to be the culprit (accident, intruder and so on). Why were other reasons required to have him arrested on the scene?

I don't know, Van Rensburg didn't specify. The only thing that I can think of is that he mentioned he was investigating to see if there was any possibility of a real intruder. Maybe he needed to inspect all entry points first before feeling comfortable that he could rule that out. That's just my speculation.

i didn't have the time to follow Op's testimony as closley as i would've liked, does anyone have a link for it?

particularly where he describes the events of he shooting?

i think he said that he screamed at reeva to call the police while he was standing in the opening to the bathroom. if thats so then his whole defence crumbles imo, because if reeva had just gone to the toilet as he said, then she would have shouted back to him. The only situation i can think of in which she wouldn't respond would be if she was hiding from him.

i didn't have the time to follow Op's testimony as closley as i would've liked, does anyone have a link for it?

i think he said that he screamed at reeva to call the police while he was standing in the opening to the bathroom. if thats so then his whole defence crumbles imo, because if reeva had just gone to the toilet as he said, then she would have shouted back to him. The only situation i can think of in which she wouldn't respond would be if she was hiding from him.

He has already thought up an answer to that one though .. he said that Reeva would've been scared too and kept quiet so as not to give her position away, thinking there was an intruder* ... although how/why she would've known or thought that is anyone's guess because from her perspective she would only just have gone into that toilet and that whole bedroom/bathroom area was totally intruder free just seconds before .. and not only that, OP didn't even shout out to her that there was an intruder, so I agree that if he was telling the truth then he should've expected her to say something, in fact that whole thing of him not being curious as to why she never replied during that whole time frame of him going into panic mode, etc, etc, etc, is extremely fishy .. as Nel kept saying, it's all so improbable as not to be true.

* especially based on Reeva's own personal experience of actually having had real intruders in her house where she lived with her parent

Daily Trial Video Archive - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:blushing: Somehow I've forgotten. When does the trial star up again? :blushing: Thank you.

Hi everyone, I have been missing this forum, how long left now?

I was reading/listening to this article and it talks about the assessment. One of the things that are mentioned is that as part of the assessment patient sleeping patterns are looked at as it plays a part in anxiety. My argument is how the heck are they supposed to monitor his sleep if he is an outpatient? Surely as one of his reasons for getting up in the middle of the night is because he has problems sleeping, they should have kept him in as an inpatient to get a thorough analysis.... just saying ;)

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/04/oscar-pistorius-second-week-evaluation

Hi everyone, I have been missing this forum, how long left now?

I was reading/listening to this article and it talks about the assessment. One of the things that are mentioned is that as part of the assessment patient sleeping patterns are looked at as it plays a part in anxiety. My argument is how the heck are they supposed to monitor his sleep if he is an outpatient? Surely as one of his reasons for getting up in the middle of the night is because he has problems sleeping, they should have kept him in as an inpatient to get a thorough analysis.... just saying ;)

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/04/oscar-pistorius-second-week-evaluation

I agree, and lots of others do too, but I believe they don't have enough beds at Weskoppies and OP would have had to wait possibly 6 months to be admitted as an inpatient. :tantrum:

Hello all- I've been trying to catch up on my life why OP's getting assessed. You have put together a great timeline of events with documentation and it makes me wonder if the judge will do the same? I assume the judge can read court transcripts and will align the testimony with all the notes she took. Does anyone know if the judge can view courtroom video? I ask because it could be very enlightening to her just as it's been to us. It's impossible to catch everything while it's happening. Being able to see body language and reactions of both witnesses and OP. This would perhaps be really enlightening during all those times OP was distracting the court with his crying and vomiting.

Fury in your words, Part 5: Oscar, Reeva and Intimate-Partner Violence
Fury in your words, Part 6: Oscar, Reeva and Intimate-partner violence
Fury in your words, Part 4: Oscar, Reeva and Intimate-Partner Violence
Fury in your words, Part 3: Oscar, Reeva and Intimate-partner Violence
Fury in your words, Part 2: Oscar, Reeva and Intimate Partner Violence

If you are interested, please google on "Fury in your words", a study from S.Davies, Clinical Psychologist.

:coffeews:

Thank you all for your great posts!

Wondering why Roux didn't come back to look at the Botha Afrikaans about the duvet being 'on the side of the bed' or 'next to the bed'..assuming they got that wrong...I always thought the duvet was a smoking gun but if Botha genuinely said he saw it on the bed then not so much...

The thing that infuriates me more than anything else is OP's refusal to take responsibility for absolutely anything..it's like watching a child. I wouldn't have the patience of Masipa!

Was the fact that Frank the house keeper was there all night excluded from original testimony was a deal made??
I find it strange that the whole scenario was laid out as if just two people were in the house
Now that the judges have had time to reflect on all the holes in the defense it's looking grim for op

Here's an example of a psych evaluation done at Weskoppies last year for a man charged with murder. The trial was held at the same court as OP and the accused was being evaluated as to whether he was fit to stand trial and criminally responsible for his actions.

http://www.jacarandafm.com/post/modimolle-monster-full-psychological-report/

Very interesting read, Kotze diagnosed with compulsive personality disorder and declared fit for trial. What a horrible, disgusting man though. :mad:

I hope OP is found fit for trial too. :twocents:

Here's an example of a psych evaluation done at Weskoppies last year for a man charged with murder. The trial was held at the same court as OP and the accused was being evaluated as to whether he was fit to stand trial and criminally responsible for his actions.

http://www.jacarandafm.com/post/modimolle-monster-full-psychological-report/

Thank you, very interesting!!
I have also read on murderpedia (link); the contradictions between the psychologists are interesting too. What will await us in Oscar's case ...??

http://murderpedia.org/male.K/k/kotze-johan.htm

Bam would consider the application after receiving an objection from Kotze's defence. His defence team closed its case after cross-examination of clinical psychologist Tertia Spangenberg was completed. ...................
Spangenberg found he was not accountable for his actions. She found Kotze had a narcissistic personality disorder, major depression, and untreated and unresolved acute stress disorder, which resulted in a state of psychological dissociation during the attack.
She said individuals with his narcissistic disorder were noted for their egotistic self-involvement. .......................
In contrast clinical psychologist Dirk Coetzee, who assessed Kotze at Weskoppies psychiatric hospital in Pretoria, found he could be held criminally responsible for his actions. His report was handed in as evidence on Tuesday afternoon.
"At the time of the commission of the offence the accused was criminally responsible for the offence charged, and was capable of appreciating the wrongfulness of his act and could act in accordance with an appreciation of the wrongfulness of his act," Coetzee's report read. ...........................

Continuously you will find commonalities with other manic, freaked people.

Justin Bourque: Latest revelations about man charged in Moncton shooting - CBC News

This (above, please google) can also happen, if someone has an anti-authoritarian mindset and is a gun-enthusiast.

"He's always seemed to have a problem with authority," Caitlin Isaac, who worked with Bourque at Wal-Mart several years ago, told Business Insider, adding that he had issues "with parents, bosses, police."
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
She recounted a camping trip a while back with Bourque and some of their Wal-Mart colleagues at the time, when he brought a gun.

"He held onto [it] the whole night while drinking. That kind of freaked us out, so we didn't invite him the next time."

If OP will not be convicted and/or medically treated, everything is still possible, unfortunately. IMO :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay