Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
Read my post again. My minimum tally was 20 years he should have gotten at a minimum.

I'm sure the majority of us wanted a lengthy sentence for killing Reeva. However even if he was found guilty of the two other charges (firing through the sunroof and the illegal possession of ammo) they would run concurrently and not cumulatively just like his sentence for the Tasha's incident. This is not special treatment but the reality of multiple sentences.

Woohoo! Now getting fairly regular connection on IPad. It took at least 20 DNS flushes but only worked when I left around 20 seconds in the Airplane on mode. Still no computer connection, yet. :gaah:

Very frustrating Bystander. At least this is not happening on release day - or you will have it sorted by then I hope. My OH has taken the Ipad to work so I can't test it til later.
For me, this is the first time in many many months that it only requires one log in- used to take about 3 attempts. Also i had disabled the ad images etc.

ETA - re the PC - is it worth emailing WS "Dave the tech guy"!? ( Dunno the nature of that problem)

Very frustrating Bystander. At least this is not happening on release day - or you will have it sorted by then I hope. My OH has taken the Ipad to work so I can't test it til later.
For me, this is the first time in many many months that it only requires one log in- used to take about 3 attempts. Also i had disabled the ad images etc.

ETA - re the PC - is it worth emailing WS "Dave the tech guy"!? ( Dunno the nature of that problem)

Morning Cottonweaver. I have just connected via my laptop. :happydance: Having flushed the dns again (several times) I attempted connecting continuously by using using a link on my Favourites Bar. This meant I could repeatedly attempt to connect and after an enormous number of tries suddenly the website popped up. How long it will last I don't know. During the night I managed to connect with my Windows Phone though it struggled. This morning that won't log on. Enough to try a saint. LOL

In the past I have always been able to connect but had big problems when posting a response. On hitting reply the page hung 9/10. I tried Mr Fossil's suggestion to leave it and eventually it would connect but no joy there for me. The page timed out. The solution for me was to post via Chrome not IE.

What you describe is likely ISP/local cache issues

One way you can get round these is to try to request the site using an incognito window, or using an internet proxy

The load time of the site is hugely improved.

Does anyone know anywhere where the States HoA has been legally analysed?

I am very interested in what the legal scholars make of it.

OK so it`s the Daily Mail but even tabloids are sometimes right! And I believe that what her parents believe is much closer to the truth than the lies and the far fetched story he told in court. They think that `Something more sinister happened the night their vivacious daughter was killed` and I am in agreement with them on that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...four-bullets-door-killing-Valentines-Day.html

Of course the parents will have been told what the police believe happened that night.

Of course the parents will have been told what the police believe happened that night.

True, but her mother was there every day for OP`s testimony so she also heard his version of the events along with all the defence witnesses. It is hard to say, but as a parent I think you would prefer to believe his version than the police`s, as it would seem to involve less fear for your child than the argument followed by a deliberate shooting scenario.

Morning Cottonweaver. I have just connected via my laptop. :happydance: Having flushed the dns again (several times) I attempted connecting continuously by using using a link on my Favourites Bar. This meant I could repeatedly attempt to connect and after an enormous number of tries suddenly the website popped up. How long it will last I don't know. During the night I managed to connect with my Windows Phone though it struggled. This morning that won't log on. Enough to try a saint. LOL

In the past I have always been able to connect but had big problems when posting a response. On hitting reply the page hung 9/10. I tried Mr Fossil's suggestion to leave it and eventually it would connect but no joy there for me. The page timed out. The solution for me was to post via Chrome not IE.
I should have mentioned that I too use Chrome so perhaps the problem is IE?

True, but her mother was there every day for OP`s testimony so she also heard his version of the events along with all the defence witnesses. It is hard to say, but as a parent I think you would prefer to believe his version than the police`s, as it would seem to involve less fear for your child than the argument followed by a deliberate shooting scenario.

Definitely, as a parent, your daughter in her last moments, in mortal fear of being killed (and by a 3-month -boyfriend) - not a thought you want to replay in your head at night!

Legal opinions on Sates Heads - not been able to look, just cause I am currently having connectivity issues unrelated to WS so can't really research anything at moment. Hence I am asking questions not posting links at moment. (You would think at least, that a newspaper would have commissioned someone for an opinion by now, still a big-bucks story , for the media.) Maybe the legal commentators will wait to see the Defence's response?

Agreed - much better experience on Chrome.

What you describe is likely ISP/local cache issues

One way you can get round these is to try to request the site using an incognito window, or using an internet proxy

The load time of the site is hugely improved.

Many thanks. I will give it a try.

Good afternoon IB.
Oh dear. As this case may go on for years* your patience might run out before Pistorian funds dry up!
(*let's hope not)

OK so it`s the Daily Mail but even tabloids are sometimes right! And I believe that what her parents believe is much closer to the truth than the lies and the far fetched story he told in court. They think that `Something more sinister happened the night their vivacious daughter was killed` and I am in agreement with them on that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...four-bullets-door-killing-Valentines-Day.html
Have you ever noticed that about 99% of any DM comments about the convicted killer are from people who believe he's guilty of murder? Very very few OP supporters there either.

Have you ever noticed that about 99% of any DM comments about the convicted killer are from people who believe he's guilty of murder? Very very few OP supporters there either.

Yes it's interesting that soozieq, considering it's the most read online paper in UK- don't know how big the readership in US, Can, Aus etc is but I know there's an int'l audience. You'd think they would want to get their message out where it could be heard by a substantial readership..........

Yes it's interesting that soozieq, considering it's the most read online paper in UK- don't know how big the readership in US, Can, Aus etc is but I know there's an int'l audience. You'd think they would want to get their message out where it could be heard by a substantial readership..........

I was brought up to never blindly believe what was in newspapers. When I grew up I thought that at least some of what they print must be right. Then I was lucky to miss being directly involved in a huge industrial accident but was involved with the clean up and subsequent investigation. It was covered extensively by the local and national press. Absolutely nothing apart from when and where the incident occurred was reported correctly. I was absolutely astounded and it really opened my eyes.

I don't know how much you know about the Daily Mail, but it really is no surprise if the majority of its readership hold the ' hang em, flog em' viewpoint.

Yes I did notice that. It`s a pretty crummy paper IMO but the ratio of comments would seem to be 20:1 (or more) against OP. Granted many of those people may not have followed the trial closely but even so it does show that there is a general perception that he got away with murder. Some will no doubt argue that this is the product of ignorance and media bias but IMO it indicates that the majority of people know a dodgy story when they hear one!

I was brought up to never blindly believe what was in newspapers. When I grew up I thought that at least some of what they print must be right. Then I was lucky to miss being directly involved in a huge industrial accident but was involved with the clean up and subsequent investigation. It was covered extensively by the local and national press. Absolutely nothing apart from when and where the incident occurred was reported correctly. I was absolutely astounded and it really opened my eyes.

The essential thrust of the article, that Reeva Steenkamp`s parents believe he did not tell the truth about what happened and that he deliberately shot her has not been made up. Here are a couple more links to what they said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34041010

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...s-they-speak-out-for-first-time-10468991.html

The essential thrust of the article, that Reeva Steenkamp`s parents believe he did not tell the truth about what happened and that he deliberately shot her has not been made up. Here are a couple more links to what they said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34041010

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...s-they-speak-out-for-first-time-10468991.html

Its not so much that what is published has been made up although I'm sure that happens, rather that it is from misinformation, speculation, "facts" not from the best sources, a certain slant on what happened etc. As we have seen a rigorous analysis of what happened takes months. The media version hits the streets in seconds, and most of it is just plain wrong.

I don't know how much you know about the Daily Mail, but it really is no surprise if the majority of its readership hold the ' hang em, flog em' viewpoint.
I know plenty about the Daily Mail, thank you very much. The Guardian also has a huge majority of commenters who also believe OP is guilty. Is anyone who doesn't believe OP's pack of tripe automatically from the 'hang em, flog em' brigade? Or is it reasonably possibly true that just like the majority of us on here...they think he's guilty because his version/versions are so implausible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude