Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leach: we're talking about intent.

Roux: you cannot isolate the factual finding that he genuinely believed he was in danger

Leach: let's not get distracted by that

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute
#OscarPistorius Leach: the issue was not whether Reeva was behind the door, the issue is that he knew there was a person behind the door.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 2 Min.Vor 2 Minuten
#OscarPistorius Leach: Masipa’s analysis of dolus eventualis seems wrong. BB

Roux: there is one substantial ingredient missing - he believed he was acting lawfully.

Simon Morema @simonmorema
Leach argues that Dolus Eventualis was excluded simply because he thought it was a thief. #OscarPistorius
10:37 AM - 3 Nov 2015

Leach saying that Masipa's analysis of DE seems to be wrong. How could someone as respected and experienced as Masipa not know that it didn't matter who was in the toilet when OP shot?

I think it might be a good time for her to hang up the robes and call it day before she is pushed.

EWN Reporter @ewnreporter
#OscarPistorius Leach is pushing this - that Masipa applied dolus eventualis, and doesn’t appear swayed by Roux’s argument. BB
10:38 AM - 3 Nov 2015

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute
#OscarPistorius Roux argues that Pistorius genuinely believed that is life was in danger. He says this context must be considered. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 2 Min.Vor 2 Minuten
#OscarPistorius Leach is pushing this - that Masipa applied dolus eventualis, and doesn’t appear swayed by Roux’s argument. BB

#OscarPistorius Leach to Roux: 'You are going to be hard pressed to bring the facts of putative self-defence to the facts of this case.'

Roux: did he reconcile himself by foreseeing in the back of his mind that it might perhaps be Reeva in the toilet...

Leach: Read what the judgement says

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 10m10 minutes ago
Leach essentially suggesting that, if trial judge doesn't take facts properly into account, cannot properly apply the law. Important.

Leach going to heart of this appeal: #OscarPistorius can be convicted of murder, even if he thought Reeva was in the bedroom,not behind door

Leach: judge Masipa excluded doelus eventualis because #OscarPistorius didn't know it was Reeva in cubicle... That analysis is wrong @eNCA

Roux: if I fire those shots I'm guilty unless I believe I'm right in firing those shots. (Self defense) @eNCA #OscarPistorius

Roux: #OscarPistorius believed he was acting lawfully (when he fired shots) @eNCA

Smoke and mirrors won't help Roux in this court.

Ironic that roux is now arguing against taking elements in isolation.

I am loving these questions to Roux. 'Does he have the right to kill the person who made a noise?'

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 3 Min.Vor 3 Minuten Übersetzung anzeigen
#OscarPistorius Baartman now questioning Roux on Masipa’s application of the law… the court doesn’t seem convinced. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 8 Min.Vor 8 Minuten
#OscarPistorius Roux argues that Pistorius genuinely believed that is life was in danger. He says this context must be considered. BB

SCA could he honestly have believed he was entitled to shoot the person behind the door?

SCA the trial court found him to be a shocking witness

Was there anything that showed that he honestly believed that his life was in danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano