Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, apologies for my inability to link (iPad issues), but....

i love the tweets from the NPA spokesperson Bulelwa Makeke....

"OK, there you go....murder, they wrote....."

:)

Double Jeopardy?? What the....is Phelps on about?

Just catching up. Very happy with the decision of DE. Justice for Reeva and her family at last. I had thought there was no way the SCA could allow a precedent that you had to know the identity of someone in order to be guilty of their murder.
We knew Masipa got the law wrong and it must be a great embarrassment to SA particularly as it was the first televised trial and with an international audience.
I think whoever gets to sentence him will be harsh.

I also don't think an appeal will get off the ground.

The appeals Judge is right , Pistorius intended to murder whoever was behind the door , whether it was a stranger or girlfriend is beside the point..

I am glad to see this circus come to an end , too many celebrities think laws are only for the peasants .

bbm

Unfortunately he will wish to prove to the world his 100% blamelessness ... I bet. And I'm somehow depressed by thinking of another circus.

if an appeal goes forward, Masipa will be pilloried, by Oscar's defence, I do not think the SA jurisprudence family will allow that to proceed.. they cant afford to, and really its a matter of how viable Oscar is or how valuable he is these days.. lots of Oscar's shine has been rubbed off and erased out, he isn't what he once was.. which happens to all of us, but he has been exposed as at the very least, a ratbag, prone to ungovernable temper tantrums..

He hasn't won anything for quite a while and even his strongest supporters wouldn't argue that he can bring glory to South Africa in Brazil, 2016. That is one hell of a long shot, so he isn't the shiny boy .. he doesn't have that to trade with up in the highest echelon where often these decisions are made.

....the problem is the appeals judge wasn't there and that Pistorius hasn't yet reacted to the judgement......

Safe to say not many judges are ever present as the crime is committed. Remember those rules of inference I suggested you read?

Was anyone of opinion that the first verdict was correct? Just wondering.

:curious:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just woke up to hear the wonderful news..

Finally.. justice for Reeva!:toast::toast:

I've got 100 crisp Australian dollars that says Oscar is currently undergoing a reaction that includes, if not entirely consists of, hours of persistent snotting , sniffing and vomiting.. we've seen it all before from Oscar... . he can do that stuff for hours.

Or the non public Oscar? White knuckled anger and incredulity that HE is now a murderer? I bet Uncle Arnie is hiding the booze and the guns tonight...

Yeah, I hope they don't have a cat.

Waiting for lithgow to land or log in for the good news!!

Safe to say not many judges are ever present as the crime is committed. Remember those rules of inference I suggested you read?

......exactly....so let's see how things play out.....i'm still with the idea he shot at the door without the intention to kill regardless, but at the end of the day he should of known better and that being the case he should pay for it.....;

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman
#OscarPistorius conviction AND sentence set aside. I see a bail app on the horizon.

He should be marched straight back to :jail:

He's a convicted murderer who doesn't belong among the public.

......exactly....so let's see how things play out.....i'm still with the idea he shot at the door without the intention to kill regardless, but at the end of the day he should of known better and that being the case he should pay for it.....;

That's not the point.

Did he forsee that by shooting he could kill the person?
Did he continue nevertheless - as Leach said, "gambling with someone's life"?

If yes...then that is legal intention.

If he'd shot the door intending to kill the person that would be direct intent.

"All the shots fired through the door would almost inevitably have struck the person behind it. There would be effectively no place to hide," Leach said.

He called Pistorius' testimony about his actions "unacceptable," "vacillating" and "contradictory."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/03/africa/oscar-pistorius-conviction-overturn-decision-south-africa/

So glad that finally someone told it like it is. That pathetic whiny cowardly murderer put Reeva's family through hell (let's not forget he actually said in his affidavit that he didn't see how he could possibly be charged with murder!) with his constant lies, lack of remorse, and willingness to blame everyone else for his dilemma but himself. Absolute scum of the highest order.

I hope if the NPA do need to re-arrest him they are going to get a move on about it. I would not put it past that snivelling little creep to hightail it to Mozambique on a private jet asap. He wouldn't even be breaking the law doing so if he's officially not under house arrest anymore.

On Oscar's story 'changing':

"With ample justification, the court found the accused to have been ‘a very poor witness’. His version varied substantially. At the outset he stated that he had fired the four shots ‘before I knew it’ and at a time when he was not sure if there was somebody in the toilet.

This soon changed
to a version that he had fired as he believed that whoever was in the toilet was going to come out to attack him.

"He later changed this to say that he had never intended to shoot at all
; that he had not fired at the door on purpose and that he had not wanted to shoot at any intruder coming out of the toilet. In the light of these contradictions, one really does not know what his explanation is for having fired the fatal shots..."

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...cas-judgment-against-oscar-pistorius-20151203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper