Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #68 *Appeal Verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know, all the defence had to do was produce a recording of Pistorius "screaming like a woman" and play it to to the witnesses. This they didn't do.

Don't you find that curious?

I would be deeply suspicious of any such recording. In any case, why would a recording be necessary? Pistorius was present in court, there was nothing to prevent him from doing a live demonstration. He never managed to utter anything that sounded like a female scream.

Why I believe in Oscar Pistorius: Aussie pal Don Elgin says Blade Runner’s a ‘broken man’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...827402d99f737eadcac810ee019eb?from=public_rss

Thanks Estelle. From your link :

"When Don heard the news in 2013, he immediately texted Pistorius, and the pair have been in contact ever since, as the now 29-year-old was found guilty of culpable homicide and sentenced to five years in jail, was transferred to house arrest this October and faced the appeal court last week as it sensationally changed his verdict to murder.

“I texted Oscar straight away, it didn’t register the police would have his phone*. I told him my friendship and support wouldn’t wane. Every message I’ve sent, I’ve let him know I’m not going anywhere.
“He got bail and got in touch. He was really grateful for the support, he was under no illusions the world was divided. What I remember about his first message was the tone, everything was different. He’s got to live with knowing he shot his girlfriend. You could hear and see in the weirdest way a broken man in that text.”"

:phone:
AKA" As you may have heard my best mates have deserted me, and I know I never really stayed in touch with you during the good times, with you being a father of four in Australia , but I need every bit of positive PR I can get and I know you have a book to sell Don.....of course it's OK if you mention me in your promotional tour"

hashtag brokenman in the text, I am assuming?

* PS So he only had the business phone number, as Carl had the personal phone at this point post-arrest

http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...827402d99f737eadcac810ee019eb?from=public_rss

"When Don heard the news in 2013, he immediately texted Pistorius, and the pair have been in contact ever since, as the now 29-year-old was found guilty of culpable homicide and sentenced to five years in jail, was transferred to house arrest this October and faced the appeal court last week as it sensationally changed his verdict to murder.

“I texted Oscar straight away, it didn’t register the police would have his phone*. I told him my friendship and support wouldn’t wane. Every message I’ve sent, I’ve let him know I’m not going anywhere.
“He got bail and got in touch. He was really grateful for the support, he was under no illusions the world was divided. What I remember about his first message was the tone, everything was different. He’s got to live with knowing he shot his girlfriend. You could hear and see in the weirdest way a broken man in that text.”"

AKA" As you may have heard my best mates have deserted me, and I know I never really stayed in touch with you during the good times, with you being a father of four in Australia , but I need every bit of positive PR I can get and I know you have a book to sell Don.....of course it's OK if you mention me in your promotional tour"

* PS So he only had the business phone number, as Carl had the personal phone at this point post-arrest

It looks as if OP, Anneline Burgess or the family are raking up everyone now to give media interviews to put OP in a good light.

James Grant responds to a request on Twiiter today :

Dear James,
Could you, If you have time do an article from a legal experts perspective on pistorius appeal to const court?

@JamesGrantZA James Grant Retweeted Gary Garden
Flattered anyone would care - but I can't - I may assist also the state in that appeal. Waiting for confirmation.

re: dealing the matter away... my problem, is that once the phone was wiped, there is no heinous crime, bombshell or hammer blow left for the prosecution to use. nevertheless, surely the fact that it was taken - out of the hands of the police investigation - means that there was something incriminating on it. if there was nothing to hide on it, why remove it? we are back to 'telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me god'. a defendant seeking justice should not be; 'telling the truth somewhat and deleting other stuff that doesn't suit my case'.

in spite of the deal… for the sake of the chronology of events, the phone was taken before botha had any effect on the case.
BIB - How about Uncle A saying they were “not aware of any deletions having been affected by Oscar or effected on his instructions that could be relevant to this trial"

Who gave him the right to decide what was or wasn't relevant to the trial? He didn't actually deny stuff had been deleted - just that whatever was deleted wasn't relevant! Dishonesty seems to run through that family like diarrhoea.

It isn't contrary to the evidence though. This has already been explained by a different poster. Noisy Fan, I think.
Pistorius never testified that he screamed non stop. There was plenty of opportunity - on his own evidence - when he wasn't screaming and shouting - when he could have heard a noise from inside the cubicle. My explanation isn't made up.
BIB - the trouble with compulsive liars (especially those who are also murderers) is how do you decide which part of their evidence is lies and which part is truth? The 'noise' from inside the toilet was something he didn't even mention in his affidavit. The 'noise' was what convinced him he was about to be attacked and what ultimately led him to murdering Reeva. Such a huge thing to 'forget' to point out in his affidavit, but he had to give the court some sort of reason to believe he thought he was in danger.

Did you see how often he blamed his defence team for leaving things out of his affidavit? Or how often he accused witnesses of lying (when their evidence contradicted his?). He was making things up as he went along, which is why he got caught out so often. Liars need a good memory, and OP told so many he couldn't keep track. There were times when he categorically denied saying something and Nel would have to point out he'd said it just seconds ago! Just laughable. Really.

re: dealing the matter away... my problem, is that once the phone was wiped, there is no heinous crime, bombshell or hammer blow left for the prosecution to use. nevertheless, surely the fact that it was taken - out of the hands of the police investigation - means that there was something incriminating on it. if there was nothing to hide on it, why remove it? we are back to 'telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me god'. a defendant seeking justice should not be; 'telling the truth somewhat and deleting other stuff that doesn't suit my case'.

in spite of the deal… for the sake of the chronology of events, the phone was taken before botha had any effect on the case.

BIB, pure speculation here. The police had every right to arrest anyone from the Pistorius family that they wanted to for obstruction of justice and yet they didn't. The fact that they didn't shows that they didn't feel there was a problem here.

It looks as if OP, Anneline Burgess or the family are raking up everyone now to give media interviews to put OP in a good light.

The Pistorius family is exercising their right of free speech and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If they want to put out a story, it is within their right to do it.

The Steenkamp family has also signed financial deals with select media outlets to tell their side as well.

Either both sides are being sinister or neither is. Your pick.

And you know, all the defence had to do was produce a recording of Pistorius "screaming like a woman" and play it to to the witnesses. This they didn't do.

Don't you find that curious?

This is not curious in the least.

Earlier on this forum, there was someone that asked why the bat sounds weren't reproduced by the PT and the response was that you'd never get the same result because there are now new houses that have been built and the sound wouldn't travel the same way.

Using that same argument, Oscar said he had never screamed like this in his life. You will not be able to recreate the same conditions that existed on the night of the accident that's why you won't hear a recording.

No difference, subtle or otherwise. He testified that he was screaming in the bathroom, witnesses testified shooting commenced during screaming.

Begs the question, how did he hear wood moving? Your made up explanation, maybe he wasn't screaming at that moment - based on no evidence, and contrary to the evidence that was presented.

I'm sure you are an avid reader. I have never doubted that for one single second.

Oh....and he was convicted of the deliberate murder of a human being called Reeva Steenkamp. This makes him Reeva's murderer. I am terribly, terribly sorry if you don't like this fact, but playing word semantics won't help you.

BIB, now that the SCA has ruled, you're throwing out that murderer label around a lot these days. I don't think I heard you ever say he was "convicted of the negligent killing of a human being called Reeva Steenkamp" when Masipa gave her competent ruling of CH.

Let's give time and see what the CC rules next year, it could very easily drop to CH with Oscar being free for time served.

BIB, pure speculation here. The police had every right to arrest anyone from the Pistorius family that they wanted to for obstruction of justice and yet they didn't. The fact that they didn't shows that they didn't feel there was a problem here.

Or that a deal was made vis a vis Hilton Botha's situation.

The Pistorius family is exercising their right of free speech and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If they want to put out a story, it is within their right to do it.

The Steenkamp family has also signed financial deals with select media outlets to tell their side as well.

Considering they are the people who lost the most, the Steenkamps have responded with the most dignity. The Pistorius family, IMO, have not. Rather they have posted trite tweets and hypocritical biblical quotes, along with Uncle Arnold's charming allusion to luxury cars versus workhorses when the verdict was read out. If he is any indication, they are an unpleasant bunch.

This is not curious in the least.

Earlier on this forum, there was someone that asked why the bat sounds weren't reproduced by the PT and the response was that you'd never get the same result because there are now new houses that have been built and the sound wouldn't travel the same way.

Using that same argument, Oscar said he had never screamed like this in his life. You will not be able to recreate the same conditions that existed on the night of the accident that's why you won't hear a recording.

Different animal. Even if you put Oscar in a recording studio, or a hard-surfaced tiled bathroom, it would be relatively easy to make an audio recording that demonstrated his vocal range in similar conditions. There's a reason Roux never played their recording.

Except that one is being done to potentially influence the court of public opinion for a convicted murderer who still faces sentencing and a constitutional court trial. The other is for a dead daughter.

Right.

As has been explained many times - once the evidence is destroyed it cannot be produced in the trial of Oscar Pistorius.

Unfortunately, even if there was a conspiracy by his brother to pervert the course of justice - this may not be admissible in the trial of OP either.

As to why they were not charged separately - once can only wonder at a police force which allows critical evidence to be removed from the crime scene then does little about it.

bbm green
:clap::clap::clap:

It's not the job of the State to make such a recording as OP is not a state witness.

As for the bat sounds - it was not disputed that the witnesses confused bat & shots

You can watch any number of video's which demonstrate the phenomenon.

What we do know is the gunshots were louder - which is why more people heard them.

BIB - How about Uncle A saying they were “not aware of any deletions having been affected by Oscar or effected on his instructions that could be relevant to this trial"

Who gave him the right to decide what was or wasn't relevant to the trial? He didn't actually deny stuff had been deleted - just that whatever was deleted wasn't relevant! Dishonesty seems to run through that family like diarrhoea.

LOL

We know all of OPs whatsapp messages were deleted and a superstrong pass was activated

Outrageous.

I think there were three. There was the additional one that Vermeulen didn't mention during his testimony but that Roux pointed out to him?

Was that a bat mark or a kick mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member