Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #69 *Appeal Verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that’s an irrelevance simply because it does not impact in any way on the reasoning the SCA used to find count 1 in favour of the state. This was decided because Masipa misdirected herself in evaluating DE which the SCA subsequently found to be proven. All done without any reference to Pistorius being fearful or not.

The SCA can muse all it likes about his state of mind and whether or not they agree with the trial judge just as long as any disagreement with the facts as found by the original court are not used in determining the outcome of any elements of the appeal.

Its all a Hail Mary anyway

Roux tries to equate "fear" with lack of knowledge of unlawfulness but that is not correct.

On the defence's own case, OP, a trained firearms expert, knew he was not entitled to shoot in those circumstances

Its all a Hail Mary anyway

Roux tries to equate "fear" with lack of knowledge of unlawfulness but that is not correct.

On the defence's own case, OP, a trained firearms expert, knew he was not entitled to shoot in those circumstances

Not certain Roux works for Hail Marys but give him enough money and I’m sure he would try to prove by some miracle the Pope is a Protestant.

Of course, talking of miracles one has already happened, the ‘miraculous discharge’ when God’s finger pulled the trigger in Tasha’s. Well, it couldn’t have been Pistorius because he said he didn’t pull the trigger and we have to believe him as he said it under oath.

Can’t possibly imagine that being the Bible reading, public praying chap that he is he could possibly lie under oath could he?

But that’s an irrelevance simply because it does not impact in any way on the reasoning the SCA used to find count 1 in favour of the state. This was decided because Masipa misdirected herself in evaluating DE which the SCA subsequently found to be proven. All done without any reference to Pistorius being fearful or not.

The SCA can muse all it likes about his state of mind and whether or not they agree with the trial judge just as long as any disagreement with the facts as found by the original court are not used in determining the outcome of any elements of the appeal.

Any self defence claim can be defeated by skirting around the defendants claim of feeling threatened and any appeal defeated by ignoring factual findings.

Any self defence claim can be defeated by skirting around the defendants claim of feeling threatened and any appeal defeated by ignoring factual findings.

Of course, just accept no responsibility whatsoever jut explain putting not 1 but 4 bullets through a door that doesn’t move because of being ‘terrified’ by a mysterious ‘wood sound’ that no one can disprove, throw disability into the mixture and change your ‘defence’ so many times that no body even to this day has a clue what it really is and hopefully the judge will apologise for wasting your time.

Seriously I do believe that’s what Pistorius was hoping for.

Of course, just accept no responsibility whatsoever jut explain putting not 1 but 4 bullets through a door that doesn’t move because of being ‘terrified’ by a mysterious ‘wood sound’ that no one can disprove, throw disability into the mixture and change your ‘defence’ so many times that no body even to this day has a clue what it really is and hopefully the judge will apologise for wasting your time.

Seriously I do believe that’s what Pistorius was hoping for.
I forget if it was: "wood movement" or "wood moving" ? Anyone recall ?

I forget if it was: "wood movement" or "wood moving" ? Anyone recall ?

Both :)

[video=youtube;fMsUK8mhGFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMsUK8mhGFw&t=24m12s[/video]

I linked the video to start at 24:12 but I am not sure if it works when it is embedded on this site.

Interesting to listen again to OP struggling to get his defence right and failing miserably.

Attachments

• Roux 13 March 15.jpg
    Roux 13 March 15.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 85
http://www.sport1.de/olympia/2016/0...storius?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Den Organisatoren der Paralympischen Spiele 2016 ist eine peinliche Panne unterlaufen.
Das Video wurde von den Organisatoren 20 Minuten nach der Veröffentlichung bereits wieder gelöscht, auf Anfrage von Universo Online teilten sie mit, "einen Fehler" gemacht zu haben.

Google translator:

The organizers of the Paralympic Games 2016 undermined an embarrassing mishap.

The video has already been deleted from the organizers 20 minutes after the publication again, on request of Universo Online, they informed that he had made "an error".

Not certain Roux works for Hail Marys but give him enough money and I’m sure he would try to prove by some miracle the Pope is a Protestant.

Of course, talking of miracles one has already happened, the ‘miraculous discharge’ when God’s finger pulled the trigger in Tasha’s. Well, it couldn’t have been Pistorius because he said he didn’t pull the trigger and we have to believe him as he said it under oath.

Can’t possibly imagine that being the Bible reading, public praying chap that he is he could possibly lie under oath could he?

Who, OP.... umm

"I’ll try not to lie."
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pi...ss-examination-i-made-terrible-mistake-n75456

“I’ll try not to lie my lady.”
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/apr/09/world/la-fg-wn-oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-20140409

I always felt that Nel should have picked him up on that strange choice of words.

“I’ll try not to lie my lady.”

I think it reasonable to assume we know if we are lying. Truth is the majority of people tell lies to some degree, even if they consider them to be small ‘white lies’ there is always awareness it is not ‘quite’ the truth.

So what did Pistorius mean? That he is unlike other people and does not possess an awareness that he is lying? In which case is he saying he is a pathological liar who may be aware he is lying, or equally may believe he is telling the truth.

In my opinion in that statement he is ‘hedging’ his bets. He is aware as a Christian he has sworn on the Bible ‘to tell the truth’ not ‘try not to lie’ but to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. However despite this, by strangely saying he will ‘try not to lie’ he is putting the Court and indeed God on warning there may be times when he will have no option but to lie simply to avoid the one thing that is a total anathema to him – taking responsibility.

In reality as we now know Pistorius lied to such an extent a more accurate expression would have been ‘I’ll try to avoid the truth whenever it is to my advantage my lady’

To use an analogy.... One is either pregnant or not ...
One is either lying or telling the truth.....
Ain't no half measure, Cisco! And 'trying' not to lie is such a giveaway line about OP's psychopathology IM(not very)HO!

http://www.sabreakingnews.co.za/2016/01/13/pistorius-was-discriminated-against-in-sca-conviction/

By the SCA measuring Pistorius’s conduct against the objective standard of a rational person, they “unfairly discriminated” against him on the grounds of his disability, vulnerability and anxiety, said Fawcett. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Fawcett said the SCA should have taken Pistorius’s state of mind into account, adding that his depression had a negative effect on the quality of his trial testimony. His "depression"?? :gaah: More so his countless lies, I think, and - important - the reason to lie.

http://www.sabreakingnews.co.za/2016/01/13/pistorius-was-discriminated-against-in-sca-conviction/

By the SCA measuring Pistorius’s conduct against the objective standard of a rational person, they “unfairly discriminated” against him on the grounds of his disability, vulnerability and anxiety, said Fawcett. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Fawcett said the SCA should have taken Pistorius’s state of mind into account, adding that his depression had a negative effect on the quality of his trial testimony. His "depression"?? :gaah: More so his countless lies, I think, and - important - the reason to lie.

He was not, as far as we know, depressed when he murdered Reeva. A bit much that the DT now want to use his post murder depression as a reason for a lighter/change in sentence. What sickens me is that he was chasing women within 6 weeks of murdering Reeva and getting into trouble even during the trial. I hope the court sees through his web of lies. It would hate to see him get a very light sentence because he feels sorry for himself.

Disability? Useful when needed but something he has played down all his life even to the extent of going to court to compete against able bodied athletes.

Vulnerability? Sure someone with a cocked firearm loaded with expanding bullets in their hand which they have been trained to use is really vulnerable aren’t they.

Anxiety? Is this the General Anxiety Disorder that Westkoppies found he didn’t actually have?

O/T :) (I thought of OP when today in the early morning hours -rather night hours- I saw a concert on TV)

Bullet in a Bible

is a live album by the American punk rock band Green Day
... customized for OP?

BulletInABible.jpg

He was not, as far as we know, depressed when he murdered Reeva. A bit much that the DT now want to use his post murder depression as a reason for a lighter/change in sentence. What sickens me is that he was chasing women within 6 weeks of murdering Reeva and getting into trouble even during the trial. I hope the court sees through his web of lies. It would hate to see him get a very light sentence because he feels sorry for himself.

Interesting a different lawyer appeared for him.

Anyway - this is the same old nonsense dressed up as new stuff.

Self defence is a legal standard which clearly he did not reach.

Hi mrjitty,

Brian Webber has relocated to the US but I'm unaware of the reason why. However he flew back to SA for the appeal. Andrew Fawcett has now taken over the reins and will be acting for OP.

Hi mrjitty,

Brian Webber has relocated to the US but I'm unaware of the reason why. However he flew back to SA for the appeal. Andrew Fawcett has now taken over the reins and will be acting for OP.

Just a thought, maybe he has earned enough to retire to Florida in an upmarket villa near the coast. No idea how :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper