Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You misunderstand:

I was responding to this quote Nel: "M'lady, he armed himself and holding the gun in the firing position he proceeded down the corridor, into the bathroom and he shot four times into the toilet. We say that is bordering on dolus directus". The 'we say' bit is reflected in my post: ' that is what the state says '

Yes...and so does the SCA.

You know, sometimes, it's perfectly OK to say, "I guess I was wrong about that". It really is.

Oscar Pistorius walks without prostheses, cries in court

Pretoria, South Africa (CNN)In dramatic scenes on the third day of his sentencing hearing, disgraced Paralympian Oscar Pistorius walked without his prostheses as his attorney argued he was a vulnerable figure who should receive a lesser sentence for the murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

Pistorius will learn his fate when the South African court reconvenes July 6 for his sentencing.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/africa/oscar-pistorius-sentencing-hearing/

Check back in the morning ET.

After careful consideration and numerous PM's from those wanting to see justice to the end for Reeva, the thread is back open for posting.

Please discuss the current events of the case and not each other. Certainly not everyone is expected to agree on certain matters but if you disagree do please so in a civil manner. After all, this is a discussion board.

That being said, anyone found posting with the intent to incite conflict will be issued a lengthy loss of posting privileges or worse.

Thank you once again for your patience.

Coldpizza

I'm so happy that we have our thread back again.

This takes the cake. You'll need to click on Cols Mac to read it all.

[video=twitter;744067230258896896]https://twitter.com/colsmac22/status/744067230258896896[/video]

I can hear in the background the following song:

Stand by Your Man by Tammy Wynette

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times, he'll have good times
Doin' things that you don't understand
But if you love him, you'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him, oh be proud of him
'Cause after all he's just a man.

This is another new low. Are they so deluded that they think people will be fooled by this ludicrous attempt to prove he's a nice, kind, safe person to be around and not the murderer we all know him to be. Give me strength. On the front cover of YOU no less.

In an SMS to The Times , OP said, "I have asked you not to call me. Do you not have a soul to respect someone in a time like this that all you can think of is your career?"

What an interesting choice of words. Since this heinous murder, when has the word “respect” been used in the same sentence as “Oscar”. He lost all respect from the word go when he refused to take responsibility for murdering Reeva, lied that it was an intruder, pleaded not guilty, lied all the way through his trial, grinned and smirked when he was allowed to continue on bail following the SCA verdict and then attended a party that night hosted by Roux, and then applyied for leave to appeal to the ConCourt.

Oscar sold his soul to the devil 3 years ago.

[url]http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2016/03/04/Oscars-run-out-of-options[/URL]

Great to see the thread open again. Not sure why it was closed in the first place. Anyway, I won't be around for the actual sentencing, unless Masipa drags it out all day, but am hoping this is the end of the road for the snivelling cowardly murderer... who loved Reeva so much, but doesn't want to serve his punishment, didn't remember Reeva's birthday, was out chasing women a few weeks after he murdered her, and has shown himself (except to a few devout fans who wouldn't believe he murdered Reeva even if he admitted it) to be not an icon, not an inspiration, but a nasty piece of work who thought he could literally get away with murder, and he almost did. Thank God the SCA saw sense and bestowed upon him the new title of 'murderer'.

Here's hope for an extremely lengthy sentence in :jail:

In an SMS to The Times , OP said, "I have asked you not to call me. Do you not have a soul to respect someone in a time like this that all you can think of is your career?"[/B]

What an interesting choice of words. Since this heinous murder, when has the word “respect” been used in the same sentence as “Oscar”. He lost all respect from the word go when he refused to take responsibility for murdering Reeva, lied that it was an intruder, pleaded not guilty, lied all the way through his trial, grinned and smirked when he was allowed to continue on bail following the SCA verdict and then attended a party that night hosted by Roux, and then applyied for leave to appeal to the ConCourt.

[url]http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2016/03/04/Oscars-run-out-of-options[/URL]
BIB - equally one could ask him: "Do you not have a soul to respect someone in a time like this that all you can think of is a locksmith"?

Great to see the thread open again. Not sure why it was closed in the first place. Anyway, I won't be around for the actual sentencing, unless Masipa drags it out all day, but am hoping this is the end of the road for the snivelling cowardly murderer... who loved Reeva so much, but doesn't want to serve his punishment, didn't remember Reeva's birthday, was out chasing women a few weeks after he murdered her, and has shown himself (except to a few devout fans who wouldn't believe he murdered Reeva even if he admitted it) to be not an icon, not an inspiration, but a nasty piece of work who thought he could literally get away with murder, and he almost did. Thank God the SCA saw sense and bestowed upon him the new title of 'murderer'.

Here's hope for an extremely lengthy sentence in :jail:

And he'll have that title for the rest of his life. It's so appropriate that he's nearly always referred to as a murderer or killer now. If the cap fits, wear it.

IF YOU have just accidentally shot dead the woman you love, what do you do?
a) Dial 000 and summon an ambulance.
b) Call your girlfriend's parents and beg forgiveness.
c) Go to a church and pray hard.
d) Hire a leading PR firm to manage your reputation.

If you were innocent, why would your thoughts turn to crisis communications, and yet this is what OP did within hours of murdering Reeva.

He rang Stuart Higgins, the former editor of The Sun and now a public relations expert. His PR team lost no time in relaunching his website to put the most positive spin on what they variously described as “these tragic events” and “this terrible, terrible tragedy”. Looking at the website, with its stirring pictures of the Blade Runner in action, you notice that the words murder and death do not feature. For, lo, we have entered the soothing land of PR euphemism, where world-famous disabled heroes do not gun down women.

Paying tribute to Oscar, Uncle Arnold said, “Words cannot adequately describe our feelings. The lives of our entire family have been turned upside down forever by this unimaginable human tragedy and Reeva’s family have suffered a terrible loss.”

Observe that it is the Pistorius family that has suffered “an unimaginable human tragedy” while Reeva’s poor family has merely suffered “a terrible loss”.

As a hearse took her body to the crematorium, OP sobbed throughout his bail hearing to the point where the magistrate asked him if he was feeling alright.

And so, very cunningly, the tragedy was appropriated from the dead woman and became the tragedy of the man accused of killing her".

OP said he didn't have his prosthetic legs on and felt vulnerable, playing the disability card for the first time in a life that had, until then, been remarkably free of self-pity. He explained why he fired at a locked bathroom door behind which he was convinced there was a burglar. Because burglars always lock themselves in bathrooms, don't they? To steal the soap and the hand towel. Just as girlfriends always lock the door when they need a pee in the middle of the night. And men who think there's a burglar in the bathroom never bother to shout out first and give their girlfriend a chance to say, "Baby, put the gun down, it's only me."

There is only one victim of unimaginable human tragedy here. Her name was Reeva Steenkamp.

[url]http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps/viewDocument.ac;jsessionid=EA0972FB1AC6ECD3EECFBF49D84D267D?sy=afr&pb=all_ffx&dt=selectRange&dr=1month&so=relevance&sf=text&sf=headline&rc=10&rm=200&sp=brs&cls=13299&clsPage=1&docID=AGE130223145H378CUAA[/URL]

This week we saw the craven sympathy-seeker Oscar Pistorius turn up in court without his prosthetic legs in an attempt to obtain leniency.

Reeva was riddled with bullets after he fired multiple shots at her through a closed lavatory door; the very definition of vulnerability.

OP has proved to be a weak, weepy, selfish creature. He’s bleated about the hardships of jail, and his lawyers have brought in psychologist, Lore Hartzenberg (let’s get her name out front and centre where it belongs, inextricably linked to her favourite murderer) to plead that he is “too depressed” to return to prison and ought to be in hospital instead. Reeva is dead because he shot her, and yet he claims, insultingly, to be “traumatised by the sound of gunfire”. What next? The Yorkshire Ripper complaining about stabbing-related wrist injuries? Jihadis suing for hurt feelings?

It beggars believe that Roux had the temerity – the venality – to even stand up and say something so crass aloud.

Too depressed? More traumatised than Reeva’s bereft family? He’s never shown a shred of remorse or even acknowledged his guilt; his manipulative courtroom transition from pitiless killer to pitiful cripple will, I sincerely hope, do him more harm than good.

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/pistorius-is-traumatised-by-the-sound-of-gunfire-breiviks-living/[/URL]

The TV programme backfiring, posters?

Hard to believe that this TV interview is going ahead instead of being re-scheduled til7th July +.
Is it because it's showing in the UK?
(Last time the re-enactment was leaked in Australia, ie. anywhere other than SA. )

Just doing the programme itself , combined with his refusal to testify is bad enough and I expect she may even ref that in her sentencing judgment.
( She knows he claimed to be broken in Trial 1, yet still was a combative witness , through the tears and the dry retching. )

If Masipa watches it ( might she indeed?), it won't be good either.
If he talks about the crime and adheres to B.S. that contradicts the SCA, he will be in trouble. I expect him to just do another riff on the "pity parade" ( Headline of the SA Citizen newspaper this week ) Maybe he will avoid discussion of that night? IDK.

BIB We already had a guess at the contents of it- what do you reckon?
Imagine you are the worst PR person for hire.

It'll have :

-churchy stuff/religious refs
-OP being kind to dogs & kids - WTF they could they hire in some poor street kids for the day?
-a deluded private psych such as LHarzenberg
-multiple refs to disability
-plenty of tears, allusions to suffering
-Reeva memorabilia
-Plenty of refs to past charity works/associated people
what else? HOW low will they go?

What is missing will be more relevant

Hard to believe that this TV interview is going ahead instead of being re-scheduled til7th July +.
(Last time the re-enactment was leaked in Australia, ie. anywhere other than SA. )

Just doing the programme itself , combined with his refusal to testify is bad enough and I expect she may even ref that in her sentencing judgment.
( She knows he claimed to be broken in Trial 1, yet still was a combative witness , through the tears and the dry retching. )

If he talks about the crime and adheres to B.S. that contradicts the SCA, he will be in trouble. I expect him to just do another riff on the "pity parade" ( Headline of the SA Citizen newspaper this week ) Maybe he will avoid discussion of that night? IDK.

I can't even bring myself to watch it tbh, I'll end up having to buy a new TV! Lol. It will be more vomit inducing than an Ebola pandemic. I'll think I'll watch Coronation St or the football.

I can't even bring myself to watch it tbh, I'll end up having to buy a new TV! Lol. It will be more vomit inducing than an Ebola pandemic. I'll think I'll watch Coronation St or the football.

I was going to avoid but I've changed mind cause firstly I'll end up reading about it on a thread/newspaper anyway , second now that it comes out before she sentences I'm interested in how he has to navigate that and then how Masipa refers to it, third it is an example of another massive faux pas on his part !

You can still guess what might be in it Paul - I must have missed something.

The sentence was expected to be handed down by the end of last week, so the interview would have been shown after. I imagine he'll take every opportunity to play the sympathy card. How awful it's been for him to have murdered someone, and how awful it was in prison, how he's been punished blah blah blah. The thing is, it's not up to him to decide prison couldn't punish him any more than he's punished himself. If that's the case, go back to prison then and stop the incessant whining about it. One of the reasons he's 'finished' is because everyone has seen through his fake persona to the coward and murderer beneath. He's despised for what he did, for his lack of remorse, for his absolute reluctance to accept his punishment, and for his continual bleating about how this has affected HIM. That is the most distasteful thing of all, and I highly doubt his ardent supporters give a damn about what Reeva's family have lost, much the same as the Pistorius clan.

I couldn't watch Barry's testimony, because having lost my own mother in a similarly brutal way, I would have found it too painful. I did read what he said, though. No one knows what it's like to have someone taken from you so suddenly and so horribly. There are no goodbyes. No hugs. No comfort for them. You think of the pain they were in and if they were calling for you. You think of their last moments as they're dying all alone with no loved ones close by, killed by someone they should have trusted. That never leaves you. What the killer has done to them is permanent. There is no escape for them. Yet OP has a life ahead of him. He has a family, he'll have a job, he may even have kids. That he should be fighting tooth and nail to escape punishment for MURDER and trying to choose his own punishment (charity work???) speaks volumes about his lack of remorse.

It'll have :

-OP being kind to dogs & kids - WTF they could they hire in some poor street kids for the day?
-Reeva memorabilia

You can add to the list the shrine he's made, maybe candles, pics of them together.

Arnie said, Not knowing what the future holds for Oscar after this week, I decided it was necessary to take up one media offer that would provide our family with a voice to address some of the misconceptions that have remained unchallenged.

It will be interesting to learn what those misconceptions are ... not.Of course OP decided to take up a media offer too ... the front cover of YOU. No, they couldn't have made an offer now, could they. OP/Arnie offered it to the magazine.

At the foot of one of the articles on this show it had at the bottom of the page “Tags: Factual”. Shouldn’t that have read “Fantasy”?

It'll have :

-Reeva memorabilia

I was going to avoid but I've changed mind cause firstly I'll end up reading about it on a thread/newspaper anyway , second now that it comes out before she sentences I'm interested in how he has to navigate that and then how Masipa refers to it, third it is an example of another massive faux pas on his part !

You can still guess what might be in it Paul - I must have missed something.

Haha, I could give you the scrip right now. So predictable, because we have heard the same sorry old tale a dozen times. It's a double edged sword too because if he tries to pervert or subvert the SCA findings and it ends up back there he may reap a whirlwind!

It's abhorrent to see him fight to the end to wriggle out of what he truly deserves but as we know he always eventually reaps what he sows. I wonder if it's all about protecting the family name rather than Oscar.

I think Uncle Fester has advised him badly for the common good of the family. He's a ruthless, pragmatic businessman. He fought hard for Oscar but he knows it's game over and time to think of the bigger picture. I expect to see lots of the programme dedicated to how supportive his family have been and how tough it has been for them collectively and individually.

Good night everyone. It's lovely to see people returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734