Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a whole heap of stuff that a more competent judge would have shut down. Like the screams.

Roux promised the court that he, "would prove that Oscar screamed like a woman when he was terrified" (or thereabouts). Not that some men can sound like some women when they scream which is what their expert testimony amounted to. In fact, nothing about Oscar's screams at all, certainly no audio evidence. IIRC it all fizzled into a, "I screamed then like I've never screamed before or since" statement from Oscar.

Was there proof that Oscar sounded like a terrified woman screaming for her life? Not at all. Would Leach have allowed this to stand? I dunno, but if the screams are not Oscar's then his whole defence crumbles.

Or of course, it could have been a fox screaming. Im surprised Roux didn't try this as well - are there foxes in SA?

Well.....I wonder how many retakes that took before Roux ditched the idea.

60 MINUTES AUSTRALIA HAVE A STORY ON OSCAR PISTORIUS 'THE INTERVIEW - TRUTH OR LIES' GOING TO AIR ON CHANNEL 9 THIS SUNDAY NIGHT AT 9PM. I saw the short advertised and he is crying a lot in it !!!

truly laughable

To the last he is focussed on his image

IMO he has rationalised this to himself as an accident.

"He fired before he knew it"

That's about as close to the truth as he can come.

This is why we have to be very careful about "remorse" from abusers. Most often they have not accepted the true nature of their crime.

So the "strategy" is simply to relitigate the case in the media having failed in Court

The same stunt with the stumps - which is disproven by the Evidence Room video

oh dear

Wouldn't surprise me that ERoom had it , the whole lost cord was a transparent ruse.

The best account of that exchange on the cord is definitely the Mollet's transcript on their website, isn't it. Inappropriate that Masipa doesn't shut it all down from Roux.

Once again, Masipa failed to take advantage of the photographic evidence available to her. A high resolution blow-up of that photo should have answered those questions. It looked to me even on my iPad that you could see where the multi-plug was plugged into the wall by his nightstand.

I am not sure what good it would have done her if the prosecution could have produced the multi-plug. They would have needed a scaled recreation of his bedroom to illustrate the point about the fans and the cord's reach.

And to think she and her assessors never even visited the crime scene...

Once again, Masipa failed to take advantage of the photographic evidence available to her. A high resolution blow-up of that photo should have answered those questions. It looked to me even on my iPad that you could see where the multi-plug was plugged into the wall by his nightstand.

I am not sure what good it would have done her if the prosecution could have produced the multi-plug. They would have needed a scaled recreation of his bedroom to illustrate the point about the fans and the cord's reach.

I can't seem to post from my mobile unless I'm replying to a post so apologies for using this.

Daily Mail UK write up on The TV interview:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sentencing.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

So the "strategy" is simply to relitigate the case in the media having failed in Court

The same stunt with the stumps - which is disproven by the Evidence Room video

oh dear
Yup. Perhaps he thinks if he repeats it often enough people will believe him!

And on those same stumps he went the length of the bedroom/bathroom/hall FOUR times. All without tripping over jeans/quilt/wires

I really despair at the quality of evidential procedure in - heaven forbid - the High Court of South Africa!

The Crime scene photos are the evidential record of the state of the crime scene.

We can add to that, any items seized and exhibited as evidence in the case.

Of course the Court has no business requesting random items out of photos a year later!

Nor should the defence be able to make random assertions of what was allegedly removed from the crime scene which they themselves controlled!!

Yup. Perhaps he thinks if he repeats it often enough people will believe him!

And on those same stumps he went the length of the bedroom/bathroom/hall FOUR times. All without tripping over jeans/quilt/wires

I see in the ITV account he has a new version

No mention of him messing around with the fans?

I see in the ITV account he has a new version

No mention of him messing around with the fans?

Don't think the fans were mentioned in that article.

His timing of when he realises it was Reeva also appears to have changed. Also that Reeva was dead when he got into the toilet and that he tried mouth to mouth etc

Probably need to see interview in full to see what he says rather than go on newspaper highlights.

I'm not sure I will watch it though. He creeps me out.

Hi everyone,

I haven't had a reply on a new thread for the TV prog.

So , looks like we are going to be on here......

As evident, this programme is going to be very inflammatory as it goes against every principle.
So apologies if I state the ABSOLUTE OBVIOUS, and suggest people ignore if they start to get exercised by controversial points of view posted on this thread.

Apologies if this offends anyone.

I've just read the comments, about 99.5% think he's a vile, snivelling liar. As a PR exercise i don't think this really worked.
BIB - I think 99.5% of the entire population think exactly the same thing. Did you read that he thinks Reeva wouldn't want him to 'waste' his life in prison??

Yes and the Mollets page called Defence Trickery , makes the wider significance of the cord issue, very clear.

http://truth4reeva.com/2016/06/defence-trickery/

Sorry cotton. I thought you meant the thread was open but no one had posted yet.

You mean the thread still isn't active?

Yes, I'd better go check the OP pages, maybe a reply isn't part of the usual process. Back in a mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l