Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me that ERoom had it , the whole lost cord was a transparent ruse.

The best account of that exchange on the cord is definitely the Mollet's transcript on their website, isn't it. Inappropriate that Masipa doesn't shut it all down from Roux.

And inappropriate that Masipa didn't shut Roux down.

Yes and the Mollets page called Defence Trickery , makes the wider significance of the cord issue, very clear.

http://truth4reeva.com/2016/06/defence-trickery/

This was a very good post from the Molletts IMO

It really is alarming that Masipa failed to have a handle on evidential procedure in her own Court.

Clearly the State did not seize the item, and returned the crime scene to the control of the defence/accused

As happens every single day

The House was later sold.

The idea that the defence can suddenly at an advanced state of the trial, complain about failing to exhibit the item is absurd.

They needed to exhibit the item themselves.

But in any event - the item is shown in the photo which is the 100% normally way to exhibit the state of the crime scene.

It is clearly pointless and absurd to exhibit the actual item.

And inappropriate that Masipa didn't shut Roux down.

You can understand the barely disguised frustration of Nel as Counsel here

He states clearly that the State never seized this item. It makes as much sense as demanding the hairclippers or the bed.

It's not so much trickery, as stupidity.

I suppose because the Molletts are not lawyers they miss an even more important point.

Only the items with chain of custody can be exhibited.

The defence requested the extension cord from the police 16 months later, on 6 June 2014! The house was sold in July 2014, after it has been standing empty for over a year.

Clearly as the police did not seize this item - it cannot be provided under any circumstances.

Masipa's claim that we need to know what happened to it demonstrates a flawed understanding of evidential rules.

There can be no certainty that any extension cord provided/located is the same one as in the photo.

Certainly Roux could not 16 months later produce an extension cord and claim it is the one in the photo.

So the police decision not to seize that item is final as far as evidence goes.

The evidence of the physical nature of that item can only be the photo.

There's a whole heap of stuff that a more competent judge would have shut down. Like the screams.

Roux promised the court that he, "would prove that Oscar screamed like a woman when he was terrified" (or thereabouts). Not that some men can sound like some women when they scream which is what their expert testimony amounted to. In fact, nothing about Oscar's screams at all, certainly no audio evidence. IIRC it all fizzled into a, "I screamed then like I've never screamed before or since" statement from Oscar.

Was there proof that Oscar sounded like a terrified woman screaming for her life? Not at all. Would Leach have allowed this to stand? I dunno, but if the screams are not Oscar's then his whole defence crumbles.

Or of course, it could have been a fox screaming. Im surprised Roux didn't try this as well - are there foxes in SA?

When I'm talking to my husband about Roux I often refer to him as the "silver fox" ... sly and cunning.

I get in trouble for talking anything OP-related these days, and I'm sure others here do too. :stop: :sorry: :yeahthat:

I didn't watch the documentary but have read the DM account. He seems to have forgotten his testimony in places. It was pitch black! We know when he went to retrieve the fans the security light on the balcony was on. This would have flooded the bedroom with light. How could he walk from the LH side of the bed around the bottom and onto the balcony without seeing that Reeva was not in bed. It beggars belief. Mutual friends have deserted him. Very telling. This guy is a creep and a liar; nothing has changed.

In the TV interview he displays huge emotion, howling and crying before walking out in tears as he admits he can still “feel and smell” the blood.

“I opened the toilet door and immediately when I saw Reeva she was over the toilet. And I [breaks down], at that point I knew I’d killed her. I knew she was dead.

Pistorius then sobs and wails into his hands and walks out of the chat.

The day before the trial started he sat with his lawyers and told them, ‘I will spend 10 years in jail for taking Reeva’s life, for culpable homicide, but I won’t spend a day in jail for murdering anyone’.

[url]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-says-hed-10-8262485[/URL]

I didn't watch the documentary but have read the DM account. He seems to have forgotten his testimony in places. It was pitch black! We know when he went to retrieve the fans the security light on the balcony was on. This would have flooded the bedroom with light. How could he walk from the LH side of the bed around the bottom and onto the balcony without seeing that Reeva was not in bed. It beggars belief. Mutual friends have deserted him. Very telling. This guy is a creep and a liar; nothing has changed.

Don't think it's aired in the UK yet IB.

Does anyone know where and at what time the interview can be viewed in Australia? Thanks in advance.

Can you honestly believe that OP has the unmitigated gall to say this: “I don’t want to go back to jail and I don’t want to have to waste my life sitting there."

For anyone already sickened by his self-pitying displays of crying and vomiting in the courtroom, The Interview makes for despicable viewing.

What do his words really show us? How deluded he remains. How, as a man who’s spent his adult life in a position of power, he’s still driven by the belief that he deserves a voice. That his ‘help’ would be something desirable; something valuable. That people like him – however they behave - have something to offer society and shouldn’t be locked up. That he's a narcissist.

Worse, he feels able to put words into Reeva's mouth, the woman he so cruelly murdered. "We will never know whether she’d have wanted redemption for Pistorius – and neither can he. That he wants to ‘believe it’ – perhaps as a coping mechanism, or to justify his own self-serving desperation for freedom – is both sad and sickening”.

Reeva has had almost no voice in the three years since her death. The Steenkamps tried to keep her memory alive, bringing pictures of her to court every day, even printed on water bottles. But the message then – as it is now – was clear: This is the Oscar Pistorius show.

“Here’s a man so used to looking inwards – to having people worship at the altar of his fame – that he’s lost sight of any remaining shred of humanity”. Not satisfied with wallowing, OP also goes into detail about the murder itself.

“As pleas for redemption go, it’s absurd. The only explanation for speaking so graphically is an utter lack of self-awareness”.

IMO the spectacle in the courtroom and giving this interview are the biggest mistakes he's made since the trial began. I don't know if it's possible to affect his sentence, but it should. I simply can't believe the arrogance. Every time we think we've seen it all, he manages to sink even deeper into the abyss. The outrage shown by people worldwide is simply breathtaking, and he brought it all on himself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...eluded-if-he-thinks-murdered-reeva-would-wan/

In the end why does society care about Oscar's excuses?

For no good reason, he blew Reeva's head apart in a domestic context.

There can be no justification, validation, or mitigation for such an outrageous act.

Indeed all the efforts to explain this away demonstrate DV culture at its finest.

Ignore the reality of a dead woman, and scratch ones chin about "legality"

As if a man blazing away at 3am with a firearm is the kind of thing reasonable citizens do.

Even more galling is the fact that he wants to pick his own verdict and punishment!!!'

I won't be watching this interview, it is clearly not investigatory in any way, shape or form. Too one sided for that.

I will certainly read about it but I cannot bear to see him snivelling any more.

My mind was made up long ago and nothing he can say or do will make me think differently now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member