Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and then compare it with this 1:27 clip

[video=youtube;oUS_nhma0DU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUS_nhma0DU"][video=youtube;oUS_nhma0DU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUS_nhma0DU[/video][/video]

Notice at the very beginning of this video how he appears to move smoothly and quickly out of the pew until he rounds the corner and then suddenly looks stupefied and starts staggering. I also thought he was walking on the "tippy toes" of his stumps to deliberately teeter that much. What an act!

Clinical psychologist Leonard Carr, attorney Mannie Witz and Judge Greenland took part in a panel discussion following The Interview. Carr was unconvinced about Oscar’s honesty and authenticity.

He said, “This broadcast will have nothing to do with the wheels of justice that are still turning ... it will not be taken into account”.

He didn’t hold back and used words like “rehearsed” and “contrived” to describe Oscar’s “performance” for the interview. “To me the interview sounded like a staged restatement of his evidence and what he’d like people to believe” and said he was yet to see a “remorseful side” to Pistorius.

“It still seems to be all about Oscar and it’s very hard to know who he really is because the versions keep changing, the public relations keep changing. I haven’t seen evidence of remorse that would focus on paying the price, having genuine regard for the feelings of the Steenkamps, and understanding that in killing Reeva he destroyed someone’s potential who was possibly going to have children and grandchildren and all kinds of good was going to come from her.”

Carr added that that the interview was nothing more than a public relations exercise.

“I think that if he would have given evidence that showed remorse, that he had done some reflection I think it could have been mitigating.

If you look at Barry Steenkamp, he looks like a broken man... whereas Oscar shows a huge emotional display, but that is often related to emotional superficiality. That is why I have always seen Oscar more as a performer.”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/oscarpistorius-itv-interview-a-pr-exercise-2038500

Here’s a perfect example of how Masipa was not in control of her court.

On the day the defence closed its case Barry Roux protested, “We were unable to call a number of witnesses who simply refused to testify because they say they don’t want their – they’re protected against television but they don’t want their voices all over the world. ... So we just put that before you”.

Contrast that with another case currently before the courts in SA where a man is accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his child, after she tried to flee from him. A neighbour witnessed the accused taking an iron-tipped, hardwood spear from the boot of his car and following the victim into a house. While testifying she burst into tears, sparking off at least three other witnesses who also became emotional and tearful. One witness fainted and court proceedings had to be postponed until the following day to allow the witnesses to compose themselves.

The Judge gave a stern warning to the State prosecutor that if his witnesses failed to give evidence in court the following day, he would issue a warrant for their arrest because they had no choice but to take the stand in court. He made it clear that it was not up to them as witnesses whether they delivered their testimony or not and said that they would have to appear in court or face arrest.

These witnesses were all present in court but were distraught. On the other hand, Roux’s witnesses simply refused to testify. Masipa , as is her custom, said nothing. No wonder she was given a very hard time when she applied for the position of judge president in another province.

Mike Hellens, a barrister who sits on the Judicial Services Commission, asked Masipa how could she be a judge president of a court when she could not control the lawyers in the Pistorius trial.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/judge-threatens-to-arrest-emotional-witnesses-2038461

Clinical psychologist Leonard Carr, attorney Mannie Witz and Judge Greenland took part in a panel discussion following The Interview. Carr was unconvinced about Oscar’s honesty and authenticity.

He said, “This broadcast will have nothing to do with the wheels of justice that are still turning ... it will not be taken into account”.

He didn’t hold back and used words like “rehearsed” and “contrived” to describe Oscar’s “performance” for the interview. “To me the interview sounded like a staged restatement of his evidence and what he’d like people to believe” and said he was yet to see a “remorseful side” to Pistorius.

“It still seems to be all about Oscar and it’s very hard to know who he really is because the versions keep changing, the public relations keep changing. I haven’t seen evidence of remorse that would focus on paying the price, having genuine regard for the feelings of the Steenkamps, and understanding that in killing Reeva he destroyed someone’s potential who was possibly going to have children and grandchildren and all kinds of good was going to come from her.”

Carr added that that the interview was nothing more than a public relations exercise.

“I think that if he would have given evidence that showed remorse, that he had done some reflection I think it could have been mitigating.

If you look at Barry Steenkamp, he looks like a broken man... whereas Oscar shows a huge emotional display, but that is often related to emotional superficiality. That is why I have always seen Oscar more as a performer.”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/oscarpistorius-itv-interview-a-pr-exercise-2038500

I wonder what Oscar would have said in an interview if it was an intruder in the toilet and not Reeva, after all it would be the same outcome...murder.

Many thanks. The interview and post-interview discussions are there but in Flash. Time to fire up the desktop to view them!

:smile: Yea I thought it was my iPhone. TBH I was looking forward to watching it but in fact I don't think I can stand to watch and listen to that sniveling coward for more than 20 seconds. Hoping to read about it here at some point. Looks like Brexit outstaged the PR stunt anyway, just as well.

:smile: Yea I thought it was my iPhone. TBH I was looking forward to watching it but in fact I don't think I can stand to watch and listen to that sniveling coward for more than 20 seconds. Hoping to read about it here at some point. Looks like Brexit outstaged the PR stunt anyway, just as well.

As far as I can see the interview has been chopped into 4 parts and the discussion into two further parts. I will not watch the first four. The last two look interesting but I am having a great deal of trouble with constant buffering. I hear half a dozen words and then nothing for a minute or so. Very frustrating.

I haven't watched it either and no one on here is saying much

The reaction to it so far is majorily negative

Two UK criminologists gave this reaction :-

https://mobile.twitter.com/James_Treadwell

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfDavidWilson?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I am in Australia and just googled OSCAR PISTORIUS THE INTERVIEW CARTE BLANCHE and there it was in 4 PARTS. However there is a lot of buffering.
For those of you in Australia it is on 60 MINUTES TONIGHT (SUNDAY) ON CHANNEL 9 AT 9PM.

Witnesses heard Reeva screaming before he shot her............................simple.

At first, I was looking forward to seeing this interview. But after reading the reviews, and knowing that it is just another pathetic attempt to twist the facts, I am going to pass. I will watch a net flix film with my husband and have a nice glass of Chardonnay, and save myself the grief.

It's on in us east coast right now. 3 minutes in and I'd like to slap him

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reelz for me. Dish network

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Witnesses heard Reeva screaming before he shot her............................simple.

Oh, honey... dontcha know Masipa was able to dismiss all of that testimony from the neighbors who were so adamant about hearing a woman screaming in mortal fear right up to the last shots?? With a mere wave of Roux's hand, it was gone. Poof.

And that show is being followed by a National Enquirer one hour special exposing Charlie Sheen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member