Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. It means nothing.

I'm more interested in a witness who made a mistake in identifying an anxious woman's voice.

At the time and now I am still stunned that this does not introduce doubt into peoples minds as to what ear witnesses thought they heard.

The defences timeline is distorted. They got lucky in that Masipa bought it and disregarded without explanation a whole raft of evidence.

The mosaic fits so much better.

That's why people are resolute in their conviction. Just as you cannot see any reason to doubt OP's story. Do not be astounded at us for what you do yourself.

You may feel that Masipas verdict backs you up so you back her decisions to the hilt where after much discussion we see them as badly flawed. Simple really.

. A neighbour witnessed the accused taking an iron-tipped, hardwood spear from the boot of his car and following the victim into a house. While testifying she burst into tears, sparking off at least three other witnesses who also became emotional and tearful. One witness fainted and court proceedings had to be postponed until the following day to allow the witnesses to compose themselves.

The Judge gave a stern warning to the State prosecutor that if his witnesses failed to give evidence in court the following day, he would issue a warrant for their arrest because they had no choice but to take the stand in court.

How come these witnesses were in court before they were due to give evidence? Is that allowed in SA courts? It shouldn't be.

I watched the interview.
The entire bothered me but the most was his -ending-
OP channels a very dead Reeva of all things (and nerve) watching down on him,wishing for him to just go help children. Even that doesn't ring true..In the same interview he said he had to leave the food market as a customer was screaming because he was there shopping. So, how is he going to get near anyone's child? And he presented the entire market story like we were to feel sorry for HIM.
I don't think he,his family or legal team realize how he comes across transparently poor me,entitlement,cold.

JMO

Agree and not only that - he has a total disregard and disrespect for Reeva's parents whom he has destroyed. He took the love of their life!

Oscar's family too needs a reality check. They enabled this creature.

mark William Thomas is now saying this.

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/747103044555382784

Meaning Op's version hasn't changed. I'm not sure I believe this. As it doesn't mention the fans being on the balcony in the video.

If he'd made a tape how come bail docs mention fans on balcony or going onto balcony?

i watched the video! In it he says he put his gun under left side of bed when both of them went upstairs to bed!!!

In the trial he said that he got home then went upstairs to shower and change and put gun under the bed then.

So he had his gun downstairs with him .... Interesting.....

He also said his closest neighbours were more detailed in the descriptions of sounds as they were closer. Yet they didn't hear any shots lol

His father and brother were both hijacked and his father beaten with a brick ( explaining why he had a gun) cousin was robbed and the robbers smiled at her whilst doing it

'Why didn't Reeva close the (bedroom?) door....

So much blood i couldn't stand up. This doesn't match scene pics really.

Interesting how he made tapes of the "event". It seems he had to make sure he could listen to them to get his story right BUT then he made so many mistakes. Did the prosecution know he had made tapes?

Interesting how he made tapes of the "event". It seems he had to make sure he could listen to them to get his story right BUT then he made so many mistakes. Did the prosecution know he had made tapes?

For all we know these tapes may have been made some time afterwards but Mw Thomas was told they were made within days?

MWT didn't elaborate.

I doubt prosecution knows. Bet Nel would love to question him.

I still wonder that how, if it was all on tape how on earth did bail or court papers mention going onto/fans on balcony.

He said he knew she was dead when he opened the door. Thought she was breathing at one point so tried the kiss of life and fingers in mouth thing.

This begs the question. Why call Stander to take her to hospital if he knew she was dead?

He said he knew she was dead when he opened the door. Thought she was breathing at one point so tried the kiss of life and fingers in mouth thing.

This begs the question. Why call Stander to take her to hospital if he knew she was dead?

Of course she was dead. Don't get Crasshopper and Jake started after me again about "arterial spurts" on the walls, geez...

OP actually had the audacity to screw with Reeva's corpse to pretend that she could be saved. Depraved.

Who really cares about Masipa's trial verdict, at this point. She was overturned on appeal.

For all we know these tapes may have been made some time afterwards but Mw Thomas was told they were made within days?

MWT didn't elaborate.

I doubt prosecution knows. Bet Nel would love to question him.

I still wonder that how, if it was all on tape how on earth did bail or court papers mention going onto/fans on balcony.

OP signed off his bail affidavit on the morning of the original bail hearing. I cannot believe he did not read it before doing so. I assume it was the final approved version he was handed. Going out on the balcony and bringing in a fan was not something a lawyer would invent and present for approval at the very last moment. With OP it is so difficult to know what, if any, of his affidavit or testimony was truthful and at times when Nel tackled him about inconsistencies he blamed his lawyers for writing things he did not say. Beggars belief.

OP signed off his bail affidavit on the morning of the original bail hearing. I cannot believe he did not read it before doing so. I assume it was the final approved version he was handed. Going out on the balcony and bringing in a fan was not something a lawyer would invent and present for approval at the very last moment. With OP it is so difficult to know what, if any, of his affidavit or testimony was truthful and at times when Nel tackled him about inconsistencies he blamed his lawyers for writing things he did not say. Beggars belief.

The bail affidavit was an absolutely crucial document for the defence as it would be admissible at trial.

The idea he "got it wrong" is plainly silly.

it simply became obvious that going on the balcony would not work, because with the light on, when he came back in, he would have to see where Reeva was

Yet another new version.

How come these witnesses were in court before they were due to give evidence? Is that allowed in SA courts? It shouldn't be.

I'm not familiar with court procedure regarding witnesses in SA. Some of the ear witnesses apparently sat in a room away from the courtroom. However, when Mangena was testifying, Wollie Wolmarans is clearly seen sitting behind and to the right of Nel.

I had terrible buffering problems too, but not with the interview. My problem was with the panel discussion and it was just unwatchable. Today is a different story and it ran smoothly.

For those who don't want to see the interview, there's no need because it's just what you would expect, blubbering and lies. This bit was galling.

“I wake up sometimes ill.
I wake up sometimes crying.
I wake up sometimes scared.
I wake up sometimes with vivid recollections of what happened that night, being unable to calm myself.
I wake up some days just naturally worst, worst, worst, worst than any nightmares and you wake up and you dream, you dream good dreams, and you dream dreams of waking up next to her and then you wake up to realise … and so you go back to sleep and you realise it’s not the truth …[blubbering]

Fortunately for Oscar, he will wake up every day, whereas Reeva will never wake up again to see the light of day. Her ashes are immersed in the sea with the dolphins that she loved.

Part 4
http://carteblanche.dstv.com/oscar-pistorius-interview-2/

One of the lies in the interview:

“I had about 9 or 11 firearms, 2 cheap shotguns, second-hand shotguns and I purchased them both from the same person. I had ordered a semi-automatic assault rifle. The 9mm that I had was the only gun that I kept at home. All the other firearms I have, I’d never taken home and I always kept them at the shooting range”

However,

“Recent media interviews with Pistorius revealed that he kept an assortment of weapons in his home. ‘Cricket and baseball bats lay behind the door, a pistol by his bed and a machine gun by a window, Britain's Daily Mail noted in a profile”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/14/oscar-pistorius-murder-girlfriends-shooting

Just for interest's sake from the same article:

In 2009 Silver Woods was voted the most secure estate in South Africa according to its website.

And this:

“Pistorius's father said his son was sad following the shooting. "I don't know nothing," Henke Pistorius told SABC radio news. "It will be extremely obnoxious and rude to speculate. I don't know the facts. If anyone makes a statement, it will have to be Oscar. He's sad at the moment."

Cruelly murders the love of his life and he’s … sad.

The following is from the discussion following the interview.

BB: From Gerrie Nel’s point of view, is there anything from this interview that could perhaps look at him trying another tactic, perhaps trying to re-open the case? Is there any scenario, Judge Greenland, where that becomes a reality?

JG: Mm. Perhaps Mannie can help us on this.

MW: Ja. It’s actually quite simple. You can’t just re-open. You have to bring a proper application, which would obviously be opposed. The judge will have to consider all the various facts and the State will have to say, because they are the only ones who would apply to re-open. The defence, it would serve no purpose at all to re-open their case. They’ve closed their case, they’ve led their evidence in mitigation or in extenuation, so it’s only from the State point of view and they’d have to bring a substantial application to say, “We didn’t know about this evidence. This is all new evidence. This might impact on sentence. He’s given various different versions. He’s really painting himself out as the victim more than the deceased and the State would like an opportunity to introduce it and then to either lead evidence or to try and cross-examine or rebut that particular evidence”

but at the moment it’s not before the court so that’s as far as you can take it”.

Go Nel.

http://carteblanche.dstv.com/oscar-pistorius-interview-2/

Why didn't she close the door?
Why didn't she tell me she was going for a pee?

It wasn't her fault

So ...... Why say it?

So. What do you all make of him putting the gun under the bed just before he climbed in rather than before dinner as told in court?

He had the gun with him all evening downstairs?

It wasn't her fault

So ...... Why say it?

So. What do you all make of him putting the gun under the bed just before he climbed in rather than before dinner as told in court?

IMO both are lies so it's not relevant to knowing the truth.

It wasn't her fault

So ...... Why say it?

According to Sam Taylor, he always had his gun with him. Although I am not sure what kind of body holster he used if she meant he kept it physically on his person at all times.

Sam also said he never put the gun under the bed-- that was where she put it the time she wanted to hide it from him when he was falling-down drunk and verbally abusive to her-- she said he always put it on top of the night stand right beside where he slept. Guess that would have been a little too unbelievable that he could unholster his gun on top of the night stand yet still fail to notice Reeva was not in bed. Although that was ultimately where the holster was found according to the pictures: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-court-shown-horror-bathroom-shot-Reeva.html

I am still trying to understand why, in this interview especially, he starts sputtering on in such a distractingly cute way about how Reeva asked him to come brush his teeth. Was it because he needed some reason to explain why he took his legs off on his usual side of the bed (right hand side by the window) but after brushing his teeth he then got back into bed on the left hand side where he had already placed his gun under the bed? I tried listening to that part of the tape a couple of times but it made me so sick repeatedly listening to him get cute about the teeth-brushing bit I gave up and went on.

Why was the t-shirt he was supposedly wearing and uses to drape over his prostheses still on the upper right hand (window) side of the bed along with all his other items? Was this story intended to explain that? Didn't he say he initially placed them "at the foot of the bed" to air them out? So where were they when he was teetering around on his stumps walking from the left hand side of the bed in pitch darkness across the jeans and duvet to get to the fans to bring them in and supposedly closing the doors and the curtains?

We all know what really happened. They got into an argument and he went pistorius on her.

What I don't know and would like to is.......what was the argument over?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members