Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that it's just a coincidence that four people heard what sounded very much like a woman desperately in fear of her life at exactly the same time as a woman was actually desperately in fear of her life?

Taking it further...is it still coincidental that those witnesses stopped hearing a woman in fear of her life at the same time as the woman who was in fear of her life died of gunshot wounds?

Because in order for his story to be true, you have to believe that.

Witness neighbours , said they thought a home invasion was taking place,
that the husband must be tied up held at gunpoint for the woman to be screaming the way she was

Masipa ignored it.
That was them hearing Reeva being brutally murdered by Pistorius
There are no words- how those who gave evidence who heard Reeva's screams that night will view today's sentencing i don't know,they must be absolutely mortified, and very very sad , still no appropriate Justice for Reeva

how you feeling?

I feel like I have been a parallel universe- i couldn't even add up before, kept saying that's 9 years of the minimum.
Weary with the B.S.

URoux was just saying - overall, it's improved the rep of SA court system in world's eyes. ????!
BIB - just numb with disbelief. She's gone easy on him yet again. Clear bias, and one of the reasons she should never have been allowed to resentence him. She seems to have come to this laughable decision by ignoring some significant points of the SCA findings. And she was barely coherent today. Really hard to follow her.

Alex Crawford said Nel was seen 'punching the air' after the announcement. Is he pleased with that result?? It's less than the 8 years he said he'd accept. How did the murderer only get an extra year for murder?

Well, I'm off on my hols tomorrow so this seems like a good time to take my leave of this thread....until/unless there's (yet) another appeal.

Soozie, Cotton, IB, Marfa, Tortoise, Lithgow, Judi et al....it's been a pleasure to make your aquaintance. Thank you for so many interesting posts.

And try to remember folks.....complete and total indifference is a troll's worst enemy. ;-)

It's also not an Oscar bashing thread, but for the most part that is what this trial has been.

We keep hearing about how evil the Pistorius family is but we haven't seen a lot of balance that shows the other side about this family. This is his family and the bond is strong.

The Trial is about the Murderer so they will be talked about more, their victim is dead .

BIB - just numb with disbelief. She's gone easy on him yet again. Clear bias, and one of the reasons she should never have been allowed to resentence him. She seems to have come to this laughable decision by ignoring some significant points of the SCA findings. And she was barely coherent today. Really hard to follow her.

Alex Crawford said Nel was seen 'punching the air' after the announcement. Is he pleased with that result?? It's less than the 8 years he said he'd accept. How did the murderer only get an extra year for murder?

No, Roux was seen punching the air, he is pleased with the result because he managed to con Masipa again, and got his paying client lowest possible sentence which was at a starting point of 15 years minimum.

Oscar's been through a lot in his life with the loss of his mother, abandonment by his father and yet the siblings have stayed strong together. Just one more example of sibling love shown in court yesterday with this pic

attachment.php
they have to live knowing they have a brother who is a murderer, must be difficult for them and reflects back on them too.
Even more difficult for Carl, who was complicit in hiding evidence from getting into that Courtroom
ie data wiped from Pistorius phone before Carl handed the phone in to police.

Alex Crawford
@AlexCrawfordSky
5h
The use of Sec 276(3)(a)ii is very exceptionally used but it has been used in the past (by Llewelyn Curlewis himself)
View details ·

It doesn't seem a likely occurance. Plus, while I am not familiar with the statute and its requirements I would tend to believe that correctional administrators would quash any attempt and tell Roux to chillax!

BBM - I found the next bit from that link as disturbing as this practice to send a successfully appealed case back to the same judge who had already displayed such egregious errors in their initial judgement.

http://news.sky.com/story/1722468/oscar-pistorius-case-could-see-one-more-twist
"This is dependent on the Commissioner of Correctional Services judging him to be fit to be considered for correctional supervision (which can include what's commonly known as house arrest).

And IF the commissioner does find him a suitable candidate for correctional supervision (and one has to assume he may well do as the Paralympian has been under correctional supervision for the past nine months for his culpable homicide conviction and living at his uncle’s home in an upmarket part of Pretoria), then his case will go before Judge Masipa once more to make the decision."

Well, I'm off on my hols tomorrow so this seems like a good time to take my leave of this thread....until/unless there's (yet) another appeal.

Soozie, Cotton, IB, Marfa, Tortoise, Lithgow, Judi et al....it's been a pleasure to make your aquaintance. Thank you for so many interesting posts.

And try to remember folks.....complete and total indifference is a troll's worst enemy. ;-)

Great timing for a holiday Enjoy. x

I hear you
Wait til it sinks in. .... well I won't bore you with all that.

On A.Crawford - can this punching the air be real or is it just a Crawfordism? Not that I have Sky, but her reputation travels far.
Has anyone else seen this air punch?

So you think that it's just a coincidence that four people heard what sounded very much like a woman desperately in fear of her life at exactly the same time as a woman was actually desperately in fear of her life?

Taking it further...is it still coincidental that those witnesses stopped hearing a woman in fear of her life at the same time as the woman who was in fear of her life died of gunshot wounds?

Because in order for his story to be true, you have to believe that.

I'm going to take a pass on rehashing interpretations about the details of that night. ;)

BBM - I found the next bit from that link as disturbing as this practice to send a successfully appealed case back to the same judge who had already displayed such egregious errors in their initial judgement.

"This is dependent on the Commissioner of Correctional Services judging him to be fit to be considered for correctional supervision (which can include what's commonly known as house arrest).

And IF the commissioner does find him a suitable candidate for correctional supervision (and one has to assume he may well do as the Paralympian has been under correctional supervision for the past nine months for his culpable homicide conviction and living at his uncle’s home in an upmarket part of Pretoria), then his case will go before Judge Masipa once more to make the decision."

No, I don't believe that Masipa would have any say in that at all. It would be a corrections department matter; and the commissioner has already demonstrated his view of OP by denying his parole for as long as possible.

they have to live knowing they have a brother who is a murderer, must be difficult for them and reflects back on them too.
Even more difficult for Carl, who was complicit in hiding evidence from getting into that Courtroom

They can all share in the notoriety.
They turned up en masse every day to both trials because no-one else would talk to them.
The body language in the "out takes", breaks etc was clear - unless you have zero social intelligence.

It was their choice, they got involved in "The Game". ( There are many other ways to quietly support a family member.)

Normally I'd feel sorry for the family of a murderer, as do most normal people.
For them to succeed in getting so many people's backs up has to be a very RARE achievement indeed.

Anyone who tells you different......well :nuts::nuts::nuts:

Good Lord. I would say something much stronger but ....

Perhaps all these disquieting details may help sway the State towards appealing. And if he does end up poolside within a year or so then I hope the public throw as much contempt his way as they are capable of doing since that seems to be about the most punishment he will get. Masipa said punishment was meant to be unpleasant so ...

One of the things that really struck me was when Masipa spoke about mob justice and how Oscar was being unjustly punished by the mob. The example she gave was that there was a fight between the deceased and Oscar and that Oscar chased the deceased into the bathroom and shot her. That was never the finding of the High Court yet it was a widely held belief.

Another example of this was how Oscar and his family found God after the tragic incident. This is so untrue. For whatever reason, while waiting for the sentencing to start yesterday, I went through Oscar's tweets prior to the incident and there were an abundant number of tweets praising God. Another prime example of what Masipa was speaking about.

Good on Masipa for not buckling under the pressure of mob justice and instead taking the high road and punishing Oscar based upon the rule of law.

No, Roux was seen punching the air, he is pleased with the result because he managed to con Masipa again, and got his paying client lowest possible sentence which was at a starting point of 15 years minimum.
Thanks for the correction. I'm sure I heard Crawford say it was Nel. But then I also heard Masipa say that Nel agreed OP was 'broken'. Either Nel has switched sides, or I need my hearing tested!

One of the things that really struck me was when Masipa spoke about mob justice and how Oscar was being unjustly punished by the mob. The example she gave was that there was a fight between the deceased and Oscar and that Oscar chased the deceased into the bathroom and shot her. That was never the finding of the High Court yet it was a widely held belief.

Another example of this was how Oscar and his family found God after the tragic incident. This is so untrue. For whatever reason, while waiting for the sentencing to start yesterday, I went through Oscar's tweets prior to the incident and there were an abundant number of tweets praising God. Another prime example of what Masipa was speaking about.

Good on Masipa for not buckling under the pressure of mob justice and instead taking the high road and punishing Oscar based upon the rule of law.

But that's the thing---she did NOT punish Oscar based upon the rule of law. The rule of law is a 15 year minimum. She reduced it to 6, which is really just 2 years, with good time given.

You forgot to mention the victim's purse that the murderer's sister stole from the crime scene(with whatever the murderer may have popped into it for disposal ...ie. cellphone/shell casings, when his legal advisor, friend, neighbour and accomplice to the theft heard him walking on the tile in the bedroom area when she went to check on him as he retrieved RS's purse when the paramedics requested some ID for the victim.

I hope everyone pays attention to what you say there.
:goodpost:

Thankyou akp, for that timely reminder. I will take that fully on board.

It was to be expected ..
There is a lot of consternation about the NPA appealing, so understandable.

Those three gentlemen who sat behind Nel, in front of June and Barry Steenkamp - are they from the NPA?

Did you notice their exchanges as Masipa was passing sentence? Quite funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar