Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a pretty squishy legal definition. "Sincerity" is as subjective as it gets. Marsipa believes him sincere. What exactly in the trial record could the High Court point to in order to overrule her about his "sincerity?"

Really? The SCA didn't seem to think so when they cited it in Britz v S (889/2015) [2016] ZASCA 86 (31 May 2016).

How can a person who has been found not to have confided in the court be sincere?

Both courts found him to be untruthful, so it simply wasn't open to Masipa to find him genuinely remorseful.

Those three gentlemen who sat behind Nel, in front of June and Barry Steenkamp - are they from the NPA?

Did you notice their exchanges as Masipa was passing sentence? Quite funny.

I think the one who turned to Barry at the end is the Steenkamp's lawyer. I remember him sitting next to June during the trial. Don't know who the other two are but they looked unimpressed as well they might.

Those three gentlemen who sat behind Nel, in front of June and Barry Steenkamp - are they from the NPA?

Did you notice their exchanges as Masipa was passing sentence? Quite funny.

Yes T, all cops who worked the case. I agree, their faces spoke volumes.
What a soul destroying job. You're underfunded, under resourced with little professional development, you work on these cases and some **&^$£%% with a bun comes and stymies your every success.
I call that job satisfaction .....not.

They were very dignified in the circumstances.
Edit _ I think u mean the 3 middle aged white guys, grey hair etc. Many gave evidence. Moller I can name. Others....
They'll have gone straight to the pub!

I think the one who turned to Barry at the end is the Steenkamp's lawyer. I remember him sitting next to June during the trial. Don't know who the other two are but they looked unimpressed as well they might.

Yeah, no not their lawyer, the row in front of them, as cotton says, I think they are from the police. Anyway not important, just amusing to see their glances at each other.

You have to really admire Masipa to sticking to her values.

Even when Andrea Johnson and the prosecution tried to bully Masipa by threatening to appeal any sentence under 8 years, Masipa still held to her ground.

Could you imagine the uproar the mob would be in if Roux had done something like that? There would be calls to hold Roux in contempt of court, but interestingly enough, this didn't happen with the prosecution.

This is what Masipa was talking about, she will not fold under mob pressure.

Prosecution needs to appeal this. It just can't be a precedent the way it is.jmo

According to Masipa, he has apologised to Reeva Steenkamp's family for his actions, he had been remorseful throughout the trial and he had tried to save Ms Steenkamp's life - a sign that he had not meant to harm her.
---------------
BIB - I must have watched a different trial. I saw no remorse, but I did see a lot of whining and pulling Nel up on the slightest deviation of any 'facts' while himself 'forgetting' what he'd lied about from one minute to the next. And because he stuck his fingers in Reeva's throat after he'd butchered her - that was a sign he didn't mean to harm her? Masipa is well past her expiry date.

Well, I'm off on my hols tomorrow so this seems like a good time to take my leave of this thread....until/unless there's (yet) another appeal.

Soozie, Cotton, IB, Marfa, Tortoise, Lithgow, Judi et al....it's been a pleasure to make your aquaintance. Thank you for so many interesting posts.

And try to remember folks.....complete and total indifference is a troll's worst enemy.
:goodpost:
:cheers:

:ignore: :treadmill:

:yeahthat:

According to Masipa, he has apologised to Reeva Steenkamp's family for his actions, he had been remorseful throughout the trial and he had tried to save Ms Steenkamp's life - a sign that he had not meant to harm her.
---------------
BIB - I must have watched a different trial. I saw no remorse, but I did see a lot of whining and pulling Nel up on the slightest deviation of any 'facts' while himself 'forgetting' what he'd lied about from one minute to the next. And because he stuck his fingers in Reeva's throat after he'd butchered her - that was a sign he didn't mean to harm her? Masipa is well past her expiry date.

I honestly believe Masipa did this in defiance.

I had to start using the Ignore List but it is great! If you haven't tried it its easy, just open their profile and click Add To Ignore List, it is in a list of options to the lefthand side of the page. Done! The non inflamatory conversation is much more enjoyable.

This is about half a million GBP

Lisa ‏@lisawJ13 [video=twitter;750631038318022656]https://twitter.com/lisawJ13/status/750631038318022656[/video]
We've heard from a source that #OscarPistorius was paid roughly 10M Rand for ITV interview

I could do with some peace of mind Viper.

I felt like we were in some sort of alternative universe from 9-11 am this morning, so thanks for tip.

This is about half a million GBP

Lisa ‏@lisawJ13 [video=twitter;750631038318022656]https://twitter.com/lisawJ13/status/750631038318022656[/video]
We've heard from a source that #OscarPistorius was paid roughly 10M Rand for ITV interview

Thats strange, go to Thomas - Williams (sp) twitter, he denied paying for the interview, to OP or anyone; says its against ITV policy to pay a convicted felon.

James Grant ‏@JamesGrantZA [video=twitter;750737562545844224]https://twitter.com/JamesGrantZA/status/750737562545844224[/video]
Still can't comment about Pistorius in case this is still not over.

:guitar::rockon:
ooo er oooo er .
That's the sign .

Discussions & tel calls going on all over
Head of NPA, Justice Minister, SCA .....:phone: :lookingitup:

ETA :deepbreaths:Hold my horses - is that a new tweet Tortoise.
I checked earlier and could only see his old ones wtte

I had to start using the Ignore List but it is great! If you haven't tried it its easy, just open their profile and click Add To Ignore List, it is in a list of options to the lefthand side of the page. Done! The non inflamatory conversation is much more enjoyable.

Me too. It is satisfying to see that bold black This message is hidden ... message as you scroll on down the page.

Thats strange, go to Thomas - Williams (sp) twitter, he denied paying for the interview, to OP or anyone;, says its against ITV policy to a pay convicted felon.
Yes. That's what I thought. How can he profit from murdering someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE