Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liezl Thom @liezlthom
#OscarPistorius JudgeMasipa defence's argument that perception of argument lead to murder was inadvertently confirmed by BarrySteenkamp

So, no mitigating factors but similarly no aggravating factors seems to be her line...

.shes going light.....I'm getting sick

repeats again - serious crime, devastating result- circs do not decrease the seriousness

Oscar will detest Masipa invoking the pain of Barry and Kim. After all, it's all about him!

Masipa addresses that there's a perception that OP and Reeva Steenkamp were involved in an argument on the night of the murder. The judge says she can’t ignore this perception.

This will be mitigating for OP as no evidence of argument.

I didn't understand what she was saying about Reeva's father letting something 'slip out' about a fight between OP and Reeva that night....?

It sounds like she was dismissing Mr Steenkamp's 'perceptions' that they argued that night.

I think she's going to play this with a straight bat. 15 years less time served.

Masipa addresses that there's a perception that OP and Reeva Steenkamp were involved in an argument on the night of the murder. The judge says she can’t ignore this perception.

I took it that she was ignoring it rather than accepting it.

I didn't understand what she was saying about Reeva's father letting something 'slip out' about a fight between OP and Reeva that night....?
no evidence that there was an argument referred to by Barry Steenkamp

no DV evidence

misperceptions of the public are important in her sentence

This will be mitigating for OP as no evidence of argument.

She's admonishing all us naughty truth seekers...

Here it comes ... her sentence. Whoops. She has to rephrase!

grounds for imprisonment , masipa says Court can determine sentence,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member