DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge adjourns to give both sides time to consider whether they want to appeal
Barry Steenkamp after the judge sentenced Oscar to 6 years in prison
a crying Aimee Pistorius is lead from court by a relative

g'nite folks. Thanks for being here to pay witness to yet another injustice. Going back to bed.

Alex Crawford also said pistorius fan member punched the air, meaning no appeal! I am crying! Read my post from last night, this is what I said would happen! Disgusting, shameful!

The State can petition the SCA directly anyway

In the case of giving a 9 year deduction to the mandatory minimum I am sure an appeal would be heard

This is unprecedented as far as i am aware

Even de Oliviera for 10 years

I am not so sure the NPA will Appeal Mr Jitty
Her waffling pity for Pistorious and his studies and his remorse etc showed Masipa can't read people/has no perception whatsoever, not good as she's the frickin Judge , she should change jobs or retire, but i don't think Nel will bother, what more could he do ? It was never going to be fair for what he did . Considering this was a clear Murder Dolus Directus, he may only serve 2 years in prison now, and he must be going off to high -five Carl, because he literally got away with Murder, i hope he finds it torture living with that in his head.

I won't ask what's the verdict on the verdict as I think we would all be in agreement that it is too lenient, but how about an appeal. Do you think it likely MrJitty and learned co-posters?

I was just thinking the same thing. Hardly the actions of a man whose terrified of being gang raped whilst incarcerated for 6 years. No tears whilst he's torn away
from his loving family. Just very calm and composed. Must be the anti depressants though.

Nah, he's not taking any really good meds. Its just his psychopathy. Evil.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan
BREAKING: #OscarPistorius not appealing his sentence.

No surprises there.

I am not so sure the NPA will Appeal Mr Jitty
Her waffling pity for Pistorious and his studies and his remorse etc showed Masipa can't read people/has no perception whatsoever, not good as she's the frickin Judge , she should change jobs or retire, but i don't think Nel will bother, what more could he do ? It was never going to be fair for what he did . Considering this was a clear Murder Dolus Directus, he may only serve 2 years in prison now, and he must be going off to high -five Carl, because he literally got away with Murder, i hope he finds it torture living with that in his head.

IMO it should be appealed as it sets a precedent for wild departures from the Statutory minimum.

From the Guardian:

It is notable that Pistorius’ original sentence, when he was initially found guilty of culpable homicide (the equivalent of manslaughter), was five years.

He served 10 months of that in prison before being eligible for parole under house arrest.

The increase in sentence – bearing in mind the judge spelt out how much more serious a crime murder is – was just one year.

It is not clear yet how much of the six-year sentence he will be compelled to serve in prison before he will once again be eligible for parole.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...storius-sentenced-murder-reeva-steenkamp-live

They wont appeal because she will take charge of proceedings again. Its a waste of tax payers money

Judge adjourns to give both sides time to consider whether they want to appeal
Barry Steenkamp after the judge sentenced Oscar to 6 years in prison
a crying Aimee Pistorius is lead from court by a relative
that nonsense, because she was smiling earlier
If she's crying it's relief her brother got away with it and pulled it off ,
what could have been 20 years in prison for Dolus Directus Murder, he ended up with max 2 years in prison for Murder DE , and the Judge bought the story because frighteningly she can't spot a liar ! gobsmacked

Mandy Wiener ‏@MandyWiener
#OscarPistorius is not appealing this sentence. Defence would be foolish to take the gamble with the SCA and risk a higher sentence.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan
BREAKING: #OscarPistorius not appealing his sentence.

No surprises there.

Nope and if it's true she's now planning to become the next member of the P clan(dating CP), of course she would have the scoop on that.

OP's demeanor early on in sentencing hearing tended to indicate he was comfortable - in my honest opinion.What had he been informed about?

yes , you could see that he did not actually know, in advance, and Aimee's crying & having to leave court supports that

And she didn't need to say that Barry inadvertently drew attention in his evidence to the public misconception that there'd been an argument either...just nasty...

ebora Patta ✔ @Debora_Patta

#Pistorius Legal experts say OP can be paroled for good behaviour after serving a third of the sentence - that is two years

IMO it should be appealed as it sets a precedent for wild departures from the Statutory minimum.

oh i agree, i wish too,
but this is SA, this is Pistorius , this may be as good as it gets
No sign of Nel
Sounds like they've all left Court, if they have , then neither side is going to Appeal
Travesty of justice, disgraceful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member