Osco confirms caylee dna

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair from a live body doesn't have decomp on the roots, because the body it came from is alive and not decomposing.

Hair from a dead body has decomp on the roots, because the body it came from is dead/decomposing.

I read up on this a couple weeks ago, and I put it in very simple terms because I'm just a plain ordinary person. It's all scientific, but that's what it comes down to. That's the bottom line.

I believe Michael Baden explained that after death there is some type of "band" that actually forms on the hair itself. This band ONLY forms after death.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17353349/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- For the first time on the record on Sunday, Orange County investigators acknowledged that recent FBI lab tests confirmed that Caylee Anthony's body was in her mother's trunk and that the child is dead.
"The information we've gotten back from the lab that she was in the trunk of that car and that she is dead is certainly something we take seriously," said Orange County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Allen.

Does anyone know the name of the Central Florida Body Farm?

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

What if Casey's defense finally came to she left Caylee in the car and Caylee died? That wouldn't be an accident, and even leaving her alone in the car could be a crime in itself in many states. So what would be an accident? That she drowned in the pool while Casey wasn't watching her? That still isn't an accident, imo. I just can't see where the defense would succeed with an accidental death theory especially in light of Casey's behavior afterward. Even if Caylee's body is found, though, it may already be too long to establish the COD unless there's evidence of a head injury from blunt force trauma, for example.

And, God forbid, let's not forget that Casey may have used gasoline to try to get rid of the body. There are just too many possibilities. I can't wait to hear LE's new charges...

Yes, same chubby little cheeks, same pensive look she has in many of her photos, same way of posing. It brought tears to my eyes.
Chilly, it is beautiful.....as soon as I saw it, I cried a little harder.

RIP Caylee - You will always be LOVED.

Do we know if the Anthony's were officially notified prior to the public? I'm guessing that Casey was re-arrested for her protection before this came out.

I would sure hope so.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

I hope this case will change the way the law views accidents..
Accidents must be reported, period, and if it is not, and 30 days later someone reports it finally, then no matter what, accident defense comes off the table.
Nothing bothers me worse in this case (other than the child being dead), that she wasn't reported missing.

Sure. There likely already is a law in Florida requiring a dead body to be reported. I expect this criminal charge to be filed against Casey, shortly, given today's forensics announcement.

Not to be too gross, but if you cut off a body part and left it somewhere, it would decompose even though the body it came from is alive.
Someone on Nancy or Greta said that hair that is shed from a dead body has some sort of ring right by the root, and that is how they can tell it did not come from a living person.

Thank you, Steadfast.

BeanE

Not to be too gross, but if you cut off a body part and left it somewhere, it would decompose even though the body it came from is alive.
Someone on Nancy or Greta said that hair that is shed from a dead body has some sort of ring right by the root, and that is how they can tell it did not come from a living person.

Yep - Mitochrondial DNA, which only comes from one's mother. I heard that on a show I was watching yesterday. (Forensic Files.)

I hope I'm wrong, but I can imagine Casey just letting this go to trial and never admitting anything. For the rest of her life, she'll just flatly claim, "The babysitter took her". As many have pointed out, she doesn't seem to care at all about what she's put her family through, and she's already checked out emotionally toward everything else going on. And since she's shed no tears for Caylee, I believe Caylee's death was no accident. Otherwise, Casey would have been distraught, even if she didn't tell anyone why. It's all such a shame.

I think it will be "the babysitter took her and everybody's being mean to me for no reason"

I hope this case will change the way the law views accidents..
Accidents must be reported, period, and if it is not, and 30 days later someone reports it finally, then no matter what, accident defense comes off the table.
Nothing bothers me worse in this case (other than the child being dead), that she wasn't reported missing.
I'm so in agreement with you on this!! :clap::clap::clap: When the case first broke and I heard Caylee had been 'missing' for a month the first thing I thought of is what did Casey do with her body? No one that I've ever heard of covers up an accidental death (such as drowning in a swimming pool) by disposing of the body.

Do they have a body farm in Florida? There aren't facilities in many states.... for some odd reason, people don't want them in their 'backyards.'

I believe the tests were conducted in Tennessee.

Edit to add link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Farm

The article referenced at the beginning of this thread states the results were from a Central Florida Body Farm.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Cayley, you are safe in the arms of God and many sweet angels. I'm sorry we didn't have you longer.

I recently heard Dr. Baden state that changes in the ends of the hair closest to the scalp can determine whether it came from a living or dead person. It's very basic, 100% reliable.

Dear sweet Caylee, you are now safe in God's loving presence forever. May your family and all who love you feel a sense of peace in their hearts with that knowledge.

I hope that CA and GA as well as Lee will be offered grief counseling, this will hit them soon as it can no longer be said it was a dead body put in there by another person, Does anybody know about the type of security at the tow yard? Dogs, camera's Motion Detectors? Security Guards? Almost all tow yards I have seen have some sort of security in place, if they did not some people would just go in after hours and take their car back or just out and out steal cars

Folks, don't be surprised if the family DENIES the DNA test results. But let's pray that they do so they can finally start healing their broken hearts...

Just heard of the DNA confirmation - hopped on-line for more comfort from the community here at WS.

I silently lit my Caylee candle here at home a few days ago, privately pushing myself over the hope line. Couldn't actually type out words of lost hope.

This latest news - I, for one, am relieved LE has finally come out with it. The weeks of dwindling uncertainty has been grueling.

It's time to light Caylee's candle here again, with loving prayers of peace for her sweet little spirit.

My thoughts are also with the Anthonys & Caylee's other loved ones. May Caylee's family find the strength they so badly need to finally accept this news and push through more dark days to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro