Osco confirms caylee dna

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has no hard evidence of a cause of death. This would permit the defense to, as a last resort, claim that Caylee's death was entirely accidental. If so, LE has no hard evidence to counter this aspect of the defense other than speculation. LE is hoping that Caylee's body contains evidence of the cause of death. This appears to be the most significant piece of the puzzle remaining.

It's likely that Casey will be charged with some form of homicide at a future date. Hard evidence of a cause of death will strengthen the prosecution's case. This is not to say that Casey can't be convicted of homicide charges with the present evidence. But the prosecution continues to build their case.
What if Casey's defense finally came to she left Caylee in the car and Caylee died? That wouldn't be an accident, and even leaving her alone in the car could be a crime in itself in many states. So what would be an accident? That she drowned in the pool while Casey wasn't watching her? That still isn't an accident, imo. I just can't see where the defense would succeed with an accidental death theory especially in light of Casey's behavior afterward. Even if Caylee's body is found, though, it may already be too long to establish the COD unless there's evidence of a head injury from blunt force trauma, for example.

If Casey takes the immunity deal she has to say where Caylee is.

Maybe Casey is afraid Caylee's body will show some trauma that points to a more deliberate act instead of an accident.

MOO
I'm hoping this is the case to take away all possibilities of an accident.

I don't get it - they have a hair - that is the only thing they have - that hair could have gotten in there anyway since she was in the car and some of her things were in the car. The hair decomposing? Well, it obviously had been there awhile. (Not that I don't think Casey is responsible, she is).

My understanding is that the death process changes something about your hair.

From the same article:
""We need to start looking for a little girl that's walking and living and breathing and someone actually has her," Cindy Anthony said."

What is it going to take from the grandmother to realize that her daughter has played a part in the demise of sweet, sweet Caylee??? I know she is in such deep denial, even after her outbreaks, rants and raves, I kinda feel sorry for her because she is so, so, so not wanting to face the truth. Imagine what is going to happen to her when all this slaps her in the face and she wakes up...........so sad............

I'm in tears , although i know it was true , playing with my beautiful niece , Chloey today who's 2 and 3/4 --- i thought , "no way someone(how rather"how can!) harm something as precious as this"..but Casey can---

RIP Caylee Marie Anthony--- You deserve so much more ---

If Casey takes the immunity deal she has to say where Caylee is.

Maybe Casey is afraid Caylee's body will show some trauma that points to a more deliberate act instead of an accident.

MOO

I was just getting ready to post the same idea. IMO for the accident scenario to work for Casey, she would need to tell where little Caylee is. But, if Caylee's body shows signs of trauma that does not jive with the accident theory, then it looks very bad for Casey. IMO, this is one reason why Casey isn't talking.

I don't know what type of jury would go along with an accident theory when the one who disposed of the body won't tell where she is...

LE has no hard evidence of a cause of death. This would permit the defense to, as a last resort, claim that Caylee's death was entirely accidental. If so, LE has no hard evidence to counter this aspect of the defense other than speculation. LE is hoping that Caylee's body contains evidence of the cause of death. This appears to be the most significant piece of the puzzle remaining.

It's likely that Casey will be charged with some form of homicide at a future date. Hard evidence of a cause of death will strengthen the prosecution's case. This is not to say that Casey can't be convicted of homicide charges with the present evidence. But the prosecution continues to build their case.

If the defense wanted to claim that Caylee's death was accidental then they would take the immunity deal. If they don't take if then that means that Casey will never admit the truth. I can't see them passing on the immunity deal and then trying to later claim it was accidental. Does anyone else think that JB is having a hard time convincing Casey that it is her best interest to admit what happened?

Not necessarily. We don't know whether or not Casey was offered any kind of plea immunity deal. We don't know if the prosecution has offered to let Casey confess to an accidental death in exchange for no homicide charges being made against her. We simply don't know if she even has this option. And she might never get this chance.

The prosecution might be thinking that it's a slam dunk to prove the pending charges -- child neglect, etc., and so might not be desperately looking for a confession to the current charges.

I don't get it - they have a hair - that is the only thing they have - that hair could have gotten in there anyway since she was in the car and some of her things were in the car. The hair decomposing? Well, it obviously had been there awhile. (Not that I don't think Casey is responsible, she is).

Hair from a live body doesn't have decomp on the roots, because the body it came from is alive and not decomposing.

Hair from a dead body has decomp on the roots, because the body it came from is dead/decomposing.

I read up on this a couple weeks ago, and I put it in very simple terms because I'm just a plain ordinary person. It's all scientific, but that's what it comes down to. That's the bottom line.

What if Casey's defense finally came to she left Caylee in the car and Caylee died? That wouldn't be an accident, and even leaving her alone in the car could be a crime in itself in many states. So what would be an accident? That she drowned in the pool while Casey wasn't watching her? That still isn't an accident, imo. I just can't see where the defense would succeed with an accidental death theory especially in light of Casey's behavior afterward. Even if Caylee's body is found, though, it may already be too long to establish the COD unless there's evidence of a head injury from blunt force trauma, for example.

I hope this case will change the way the law views accidents..
Accidents must be reported, period, and if it is not, and 30 days later someone reports it finally, then no matter what, accident defense comes off the table.
Nothing bothers me worse in this case (other than the child being dead), that she wasn't reported missing.

I thought I heard that they can tell if a hair came from a living person or a dead person. I heard they can tell by the bacteria at the root if it came from a dead person.

That is the thing...knowing Caylee was dead and in the trunk doesn't rule out the possibility of an accident.

To me, Casey is busted for being negligent and something happening to Caylee. If that is what happened there is nothing for her to lose by taking the immunity deal.

Plus her daughter will be brought home to rest.

The ONLY reason I can think of for her to hold out and not do the decent thing for her child is because finding Caylee might prove something other than an accident.

Whatever the case it is time for this mother to do right by her daughter.

If C

I hope that CA and GA as well as Lee will be offered grief counseling, this will hit them soon as it can no longer be said it was a dead body put in there by another person, Does anybody know about the type of security at the tow yard? Dogs, camera's Motion Detectors? Security Guards? Almost all tow yards I have seen have some sort of security in place, if they did not some people would just go in after hours and take their car back or just out and out steal cars

Hair from a live body doesn't have decomp on the roots, because the body it came from is alive and not decomposing.

Hair from a dead body has decomp on the roots, because the body it came from is dead/decomposing.

I read up on this a couple weeks ago, and I put it in very simple terms because I'm just a plain ordinary person. It's all scientific, but that's what it comes down to. That's the bottom line.
Not to be too gross, but if you cut off a body part and left it somewhere, it would decompose even though the body it came from is alive.
Someone on Nancy or Greta said that hair that is shed from a dead body has some sort of ring right by the root, and that is how they can tell it did not come from a living person.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can imagine Casey just letting this go to trial and never admitting anything. For the rest of her life, she'll just flatly claim, "The babysitter took her". As many have pointed out, she doesn't seem to care at all about what she's put her family through, and she's already checked out emotionally toward everything else going on. And since she's shed no tears for Caylee, I believe Caylee's death was no accident. Otherwise, Casey would have been distraught, even if she didn't tell anyone why. It's all such a shame.

Not to be too gross, but if you cut off a body part and left it somewhere, it would decompose even though the body it came from is alive.
Someone on Nancy or Greta said that hair that is shed from a dead body has some sort of ring right by the root, and that is how they can tell it did not come from a living person.

Look up false positive results.

Good question. Of course the examples you give aren't entirely accidental and Casey would be held responsible for the circumstances you are hypothesizing. A defendant doesn't need to plan a murder ahead of time (premeditate it) in order to be held criminally responsible. A defendant could also be held criminally responsible for acting recklessly or grossly negligent. For example, Casey might have given Caylee a lethal dose of some adult prescription medicine to induce sleep, mistakenly thinking that the child would fall asleep and wake up hours later. Under this example, although Casey might not have intended for Caylee to die, Casey could still be found criminally responsible based on her reckless and grossly irresponsible conduct. It wouldn't be the premeditated murder that might trigger a death penalty consideration, but it would be a lesser form of homicide.

IF the defense claims accidental death, they will surely come up with a scenario under which Casey would be wholly blameless. They might, for instance, suggest that Caylee ran onto a couch to jump on it and then fell down in the act, fatally banging her head. They might claim that Caylee accidentally fell down a staircase. Some scenario where Casey would be blameless.

The video of Lee had today's date on it so I assumed it was new. But I managed to figure out how to delete the thread within a few minutes before all hell broke loose!

You were trying to keep us informed...thanks for trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro