Osco confirms caylee dna

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but wasn't that confirmed today by LE - that the hair *was* in fact Caylee's?

Yes, but the Anthonys, particularly Cindy, are insisting that it could have fallen off of a living Caylee, that it doesn't prove she's deceased. Am I making sense? But that just isn't the case. The tests don't lie.

Everyone deals with grief in their own way and they are not ready to accept this finality - it's really as simple as that. It appears that Cindy is taking the longest to come to grips with it. George's and Lee's absence tells me that they are already dealing with it.

Until they have a dead body, I don't believe they will say "confirm" I think they will continue to say "indicate". Without a dead body, you can't speak in absolutes.

I agree with being cautious here.

This Orlando Sentinel piece (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/08/second-tv-stati.html) carries the headline, “Second TV Station Reports that Caylee Anthony is Dead” stating WESH-Channel 2 joined WFTV-Channel 9 in reporting that the little girl is dead.

The headlines are saying Caylee is dead, but the quotes from the investigator don’t seem to back that up 100%.

From the Sentinel story,

"For the first time, in a one-on-one interview, the lead detective on the case told us the lab reports indicate Caylee is dead," WESH reporter Bob Kealing said.
"The information that we got back from the FBI lab indicating that she was in the trunk of that car and that she's dead certainly is information we take very seriously," Sgt. John Allen of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said on camera.

I’m only seeing where “sources” are confirming anything.

WFTV anchor Martie Salt on Wednesday said: "Sources tell Channel 9 that preliminary scientific test results show that Caylee Anthony was in her mother's trunk and that she was dead. We're the first to break that information."

Am I missing something? Are there stories out there quoting Sgt. Allen, the FBI, or any other investigator as saying they have results that confirm Caylee is dead and was in the trunk?

There is a HUGE difference between indicate and confirm – especially in a court of law. I am confident that Caylee is unfortunately dead and that her body was in Casey’s trunk. But sources and indications won’t do anything to snap the Anthony’s into reality or get Casey to talk.

I follow you. I think it's simply semantics. IMO, LE is not laying all of their cards on the table yet - in other words, these are preliminary results and they will "confirm" when the final testing is complete. Having said that, it doesn't change the validity of the preliminary results.

I agree with being cautious here.

This Orlando Sentinel piece (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/08/second-tv-stati.html) carries the headline, “Second TV Station Reports that Caylee Anthony is Dead” stating WESH-Channel 2 joined WFTV-Channel 9 in reporting that the little girl is dead.

The headlines are saying Caylee is dead, but the quotes from the investigator don’t seem to back that up 100%.

From the Sentinel story,

"For the first time, in a one-on-one interview, the lead detective on the case told us the lab reports indicate Caylee is dead," WESH reporter Bob Kealing said.
"The information that we got back from the FBI lab indicating that she was in the trunk of that car and that she's dead certainly is information we take very seriously," Sgt. John Allen of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said on camera.

I’m only seeing where “sources” are confirming anything.

WFTV anchor Martie Salt on Wednesday said: "Sources tell Channel 9 that preliminary scientific test results show that Caylee Anthony was in her mother's trunk and that she was dead. We're the first to break that information."

Am I missing something? Are there stories out there quoting Sgt. Allen, the FBI, or any other investigator as saying they have results that confirm Caylee is dead and was in the trunk?

There is a HUGE difference between indicate and confirm – especially in a court of law. I am confident that Caylee is unfortunately dead and that her body was in Casey’s trunk. But sources and indications won’t do anything to snap the Anthony’s into reality or get Casey to talk.

They are saving the privilaged info for when the time comes. This is the nice way of telling the public where they are leading. They wouldn't come out and purger themselves....

:frown:
Search out N. A. Noel She is, I believe, the artist for this sweetness. I have a few of her works in my home. Her work is heaven sent.

We must think alike, Tate...I came across this beautiful painting while looking for my avatar pic and thought the same thing...It looked so much like Caylee :angel:
I was planning on posting it, if and when we were informed that sweet Caylee was gone...I can so imagine Caylee in heaven with her new wings...that gives me a little comfort.

Watch for your pink balloons tomorrow Caylee... Sleep well, little one.:frown:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=indicate

indicate

Main Entry: in·di·cate Pronunciation: \&#712;in-d&#601;-&#716;k&#257;t\ Function: transitive verb Inflected Form(s): in·di·cat·ed; in·di·cat·ing Etymology: Latin indicatus, past participle of indicare, from in- + dicare to proclaim, dedicate &#8212; more at diction Date: 1541 1 a: to point out or point to b: to be a sign, symptom, or index of <the high fever indicates a serious condition> c: to demonstrate or suggest the necessity or advisability of <indicated the need for a new school> <the indicated treatment>2: to state or express briefly <indicated a desire to cooperate>

Great post! Exactly! Now, today's verification that IT IS Caylee is indisputable. And everyone here knows they have much more DNA evidence that they aren't releasing as they are reserving it for on a "need to know basis." And, apparently, we don't need to know yet! :)

When Cindy was rambling to the reporters the day she posted the signs she said there were sightings that LE wasn't following up on. I realized right then and there that LE had a good reason not to.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=indicate

indicate

Main Entry: in·di·cate Pronunciation: \&#712;in-d&#601;-&#716;k&#257;t\ Function: transitive verb Inflected Form(s): in·di·cat·ed; in·di·cat·ing Etymology: Latin indicatus, past participle of indicare, from in- + dicare to proclaim, dedicate — more at diction Date: 1541 1 a: to point out or point to b: to be a sign, symptom, or index of <the high fever indicates a serious condition> c: to demonstrate or suggest the necessity or advisability of <indicated the need for a new school> <the indicated treatment>2: to state or express briefly <indicated a desire to cooperate>

HUH? What the heck . . .

I think use of the word "indicate" by LE confirms that the DNA is Caylee's.

As an aside, they quoted Cindy but I think it was in the context of the paragraph below and the rearrest. before we go crazy, I think Cindy's comment about wanting the apology is regarding the rearrest. because the quote matches the subesquent information.

Does anyone esle read it that way and see some poor editing?
I can only hope so and it really distresses me that she is still saying the dna info is not accurate.
I mean what is she thinking?
Further, why does she insist that LE look for an alive caylee and her lawyer suggests just last night that Casey knows where she is. (As per how he answered the question about Casey showing no concern since she ahs been home).
What can LE do to find her alive if Casey wont say where she is and why is Cindy pointing the finger at anyone but Casey as the door that would open that journey?
This is where he is losing me JB.
You cant have it both ways..my daughter knows where she is..she wont say where that is, but LE is not looking for Caylee via guessing where it is that Csey thinks she is.??
This is crazy making to those listening and I lose patience with her-she is talking from all sides of her mouth and blaming everyone else for the insanity being created by casey and casey alone?
Why do u (JB) continue to behave as if Cindy is not causing a circus.
I have sympathy for any parent going thru this but not when she starts to accuse everyone else of not doing their job, knowing full well they are giving LE nothing to work with..thats when it goes from natural protection of a child to insanity.

For the first time on record, investigators said lab tests confirm it's Caylee's decomposing body that was in the trunk of her mother's car. The lead investigator in the case says it was strands of hair that were found in the car that clinched the decision that Caylee's body was in the trunk, they suspected all along. Sergeant John Allen with the Orange County Sheriff's Office commented on the case. "The information we've gotten back from the lab that she was in the trunk of car and that she is dead is certainly something we take seriously."

http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8ce5f4fe-7080-481a-8985-ac0a93c61cd3

When Cindy was rambling to the reporters the day she posted the signs she said there were sightings that LE wasn't following up on. I realized right then and there that LE had a good reason not to.

Why should LE follow up on anything if casey knows where she is? Why would anyone expect them to go on a wild goose chase when there are things casey and the lawyer know that would end the goose chase but they are simply unwilling to state tem.
If Casey knows where she is then no one sholud look for her until casey tells them where to go.

Just because casey behaves insanely and her parents buy into it doesnt mean LR is going to send anyone on a useless journey.

Its an insane request from Cindy..if Casey knows where she is then Casey should say so.

If I wer LE I wouldnt look anywhere but in ditches and lakes and forests etc.

For the first time on record, investigators said lab tests confirm it's Caylee's decomposing body that was in the trunk of her mother's car. The lead investigator in the case says it was strands of hair that were found in the car that clinched the decision that Caylee's body was in the trunk, they suspected all along. Sergeant John Allen with the Orange County Sheriff's Office commented on the case. "The information we've gotten back from the lab that she was in the trunk of car and that she is dead is certainly something we take seriously."

http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8ce5f4fe-7080-481a-8985-ac0a93c61cd3
now what drives me crazy is they are saying it doesnt say anything about how the body got there???? DAH!!!
Is it that kind of world we live in that now common sense cant be used to make an arrest?
Who else put her there???
I mena its utterly stupid now.

"I want an apology from Sheriff Kevin Beary," Cindy Anthony said. http://www.wesh.com/news/17353349/detail.html

I believe that Cindy Anthony owes so many apologies . . . my prayers are with the Anthony family and the search for Caylee . . .

bummed-out totally!!!

I think Cindy's going to be spending a lot of years in waiting...

...for the apology from the Sheriff...

...and the apology she demanded from the American people when Casey wins 'mom of the year' :crazy:

If only she was HALF as insistant that her daughter a) tell the truth and b) lead them to Caylee :furious:

I too think they are certain there was a decomposing body in the car and that body was Caylee's. AND, I think their testing has told them that Caylee was dead when she was placed in the trunk. JMHO from what's been published.

I also think that Cindy will believe that Caylee is dead when Jose tells her it's time to believe that Caylee is dead. And not one minute sooner. And even then, she might still look at Casey and decide not to believe Jose either. Poor Cindy. I don't think she ever completely separated from Casey. They are like two mirrors that reflect each other.

JMHO

now what drives me crazy is they are saying it doesnt say anything about how the body got there???? DAH!!!
Is it that kind of world we live in that now common sense cant be used to make an arrest?

I think that may be why LE is offering Casey immunity (limited, that is) so it can be determined how & why Caylee's decomposing body was in the trunk of Casey's car

Why should LE follow up on anything if casey knows where she is? Why would anyone expect them to go on a wild goose chase when there are things casey and the lawyer know that would end the goose chase but they are simply unwilling to state tem.
If Casey knows where she is then no one sholud look for her until casey tells them where to go.

Just because casey behaves insanely and her parents buy into it doesnt mean LR is going to send anyone on a useless journey.

Its an insane request from Cindy..if Casey knows where she is then Casey should say so.

If I wer LE I wouldnt look anywhere but in ditches and lakes and forests etc.

We know that and so does LE but I believe you followed the Scott Peterson case so you understand all about the bull eyes defense. If you look at the discovery pages you'll see that LE was following up on all sightings and tips.

The only way they can safely not follow up is if they have evidence that Caylee is deceased. We did see this exact same thing in the Peterson case with the parents and lawyers. While Scott and Casey are the most stupid liars and sociopaths LE is very much under the microscope on high profile cases because they are accused of framing just to solve the case.

We know that and so does LE but I believe you followed the Scott Peterson case so you understand all about the bull eyes defense. If you look at the discovery pages you'll see that LE was following up on all sightings and tips.

The only way they can safely not follow up is if they have evidence that Caylee is deceased. We did see this exact same thing in the Peterson case with the parents and lawyers. While Scott and Casey are the most stupid liars and sociopaths LE is very much under the microscope on high profile cases because they are accused of framing just to solve the case.

Yes, but if they now know she is dead from the decomp tests, is that not enough to say..it is a homocide case not a missing persons?
btw..nice to say hello my friend..:blowkiss:

That's another thing I've heard Cindy spout off about. Many people had access to that car. Again, maybe the kidnappers saw Casey's car at Amscott and put her body in there :eek: Would that be any crazier than anything else Casey has said? George as much as admitted there was a dead body in the trunk by denying that it was Caylee.

It's just stuff like that is why LE are choosing their words very carefully. If Caylee was dead in the trunk prove it was Casey who put her there. Timelines, witnesses, cell phones, dna, etc. are going to convict her most likely but LE knows they have little chance of finding her body unless Casey tells them. Same thing with Laci Peterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000