OT: To all the TX Gulf Sleuthers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm in Austin and we have a ton of evacuees here.....so many that my daughter's school is getting out two hours early today! It isn't supposed to hit here too bad...just rain and wind. But, my husband is working at the shelters until next week so I'll have him keep a look out for Caylee. :rolleyes:

My thoughts & prayers are with all of those that had to leave their homes...this hurricane is HUGE and I just hope everyone got out okay. Have safe travels, and know that there are many people thinking of you!
:blowkiss:

The coastal states are soul sisters/brothers in hurricane season. Our thoughts are with you. Take care. Stay safe.

"Certain Death if you choose not to evacuate."
"Nature's Weapon of Mass Destruction!"

Both terms I heard the FEMA director use this morning. I don't remember talk like this even with Katrina.

If you need to get out, leave NOW.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the Sleuthers to the South this weekend.

GET OUT OR FACE CERTAIN DEATH.

I hope people heed that warning and use common sense in this situation. We learned from Katrina that it can happen. If you are in the path of Ike...take a hike! Come on up to Oklahoma where you can safely ride this out! We will be keeping Texans in our thoughts and prayers.

Flooding is already severe and Ike is a good 10-12 hours away from landfall. LE taking SS#'s and names of everyone they know of staying behind.

"Certain Death if you choose not to evacuate."
"Nature's Weapon of Mass Destruction!"

Both terms I heard the FEMA director use this morning. I don't remember talk like this even with Katrina.

If you need to get out, leave NOW.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the Sleuthers to the South this weekend.

I also heard Chertloff say something like "only stay because of evacuation fatigue if you are fatigued with living". My words not his exact ones. That scared me.

Oh, forgot to tell you what LE is doing in the evacuated areas.

My hubby said that it's so bad down there that they are going door to door to make sure everyone is out. If they come across someone at home, they are handing them a black permanent marker. Hubby said that people were asking LE what it was for. They told them to write their social security numbers on their arms so that they could identify them. I know it sounds horrible but this storm is coming and it's going to be devastating to anyone that stays in it's path. PLEASE get out now if you are still at home. We would LOVE to have you in Austin!!

We don't live near the coast, but we always get some effects... rain, wind, maybe some flooding in low areas. We're not far from LA, and our area is taking in evacuees, just like they have for the last 2 storms. I hope everyone on or near the coast has left by now. I'm sure there are a few who plan to ride it out, though. I pray that they will stay safe.

God Bless TEXAS!!!!!!
Please get out if your in the line of IKE!!!!!! :blowkiss:
My thoughts & prayers are with you all!!!!

We don't live near the coast, but we always get some effects... rain, wind, maybe some flooding in low areas. We're not far from LA, and our area is taking in evacuees, just like they have for the last 2 storms. I hope everyone on or near the coast has left by now. I'm sure there are a few who plan to ride it out, though. I pray that they will stay safe.

Hope all from Equusearch on these boards know they always have refuge in Orlando - to everyone - our prayers are with you....Be safe!

God Bless TEXAS!!!!!!
Please get out if your in the line of IKE!!!!!! :blowkiss:
My thoughts & prayers are with you all!!!!

AMEN!!

I'm a little north of Dallas on I35 and hubby has called me twice this morning here at work telling me that the local news is saying to prepare for power outages this weekend here in the Dallas area. UGH!!! YIKES!!!

I'm not in the path, but the water is over the seawall it looks like on tv. FOX of course....shhhhhh :)

well, maybe I AM in the path. I'm in the Dallas area too. I dread this for everyone.

AMEN!!

I'm a little north of Dallas on I35 and hubby has called me twice this morning here at work telling me that the local news is saying to prepare for power outages this weekend here in the Dallas area. UGH!!! YIKES!!!

As all those before have said - all you Websleuthers in Texas stay safe. As we say in Florida when the storm is approaching....

Hunker Down!!!

Prayers are with all of you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela