Other Agencies Pulled Back into Search-

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The wait during this search in particular is the most difficult yet. Ugh. I wish they would send up a helicopter to get some arial shots to see what is going on right now.

Anyone figure out where the sighting of the Crime Lab came from?

One of our members who is from Putnam County said they headed to the south part of the county (Satsuma) this morning.

The main - and I believe the only direct route from the County headquarters (Palatka) is hwy 17 into Satsuma. It's not at all out of the question that this was witnessed by many people.

Also I understand that the Flagler County Crime Scene unit is on site.

It's going to be a long afternoon................................

this seems a bit strange. no dogs led them to this area initially?

also, i'm sure TES covered this area (or maybe some other search) already.

then again, just because an area was already searched, it doesn't mean that the search didn't miss something. i think they kind of go through pretty quickly. maybe LE got info about a specific area that they want to do a detailed search on?

I find the lack of a scent trail odd too- unless there are trails or something in those woods that would allow for a vehicle or four wheeler to get back there.

The wait during this search in particular is the most difficult yet. Ugh. I wish they would send up a helicopter to get some arial shots to see what is going on right now.

Me too!
SS, you have been through several cases, do you think that having Crime Scene Units there now is a big thing?

One of our members who is from Putnam County said they headed to the south part of the county (Satsuma) this morning.

The main - and I believe the only direct route from the County headquarters (Palatka) is hwy 17 into Satsuma. It's not at all out of the question that this was witnessed by many people.

Also I understand that the Flagler County Crime Scene unit is on site.
Thanks, Pirate!

No reason to include the Crime Scene Unit on a regular search unless they feel they have a crime scene...is there?

ETA: Maybe a searcher with TES can answer that question.

(I started a new thread.. sorry, forgot this was about ground search please delete the other one.... thank you mods!)

anyhow...... this is what I read.... and was wondering if anyone had an ariel shot?

There were more than 70 searchers, some with walking sticks. Eyewitness News was the only TV news crew in the woods when the search began.

"We're going to move to the north, which will be to our right all the way down this road, double arms length apart. The go signal is going to be 'move,'" the search leader announced.

The group met briefly Friday morning and then lined up on a dirt road.

*snipped from http://www.wftv.com/news/18759621/detail.html

This is a grid search... I have done them before.... they are looking for ANYTHING they can find..... usually a body.. I hate to say that... but ........

this seems a bit strange. no dogs led them to this area initially?

also, i'm sure TES covered this area (or maybe some other search) already.

then again, just because an area was already searched, it doesn't mean that the search didn't miss something. i think they kind of go through pretty quickly. maybe LE got info about a specific area that they want to do a detailed search on?

OR...it could be the area where the SO's gps locator was tracked?

Yes, but that's the only place you will hear it. And it was not elaborated on. Just typical NG...she does so good sometimes...and others...well..............:crazy:

Ain't that the truth!

Yes, me too. I went and looked at the google map off that area again in the stickies and it is or what seems to me (I'm in the desert) a lot of wooded area that appears to be very dense. That too, is if I'm looking where they are searching.

Me too....and I also wish that Obama's little friend Eric Holder who called all of us a "Nation of Cowards" would take a look at those officers lined up to tromp through what is most likely a snake infested, dangerous area to search for a tiny little girl that none of them even know!

I can't anything that says Crime Scene van went to the scene?

I can't anything that says Crime Scene van went to the scene?
Because it came from an inside tip to WS:

Originally Posted by LFlorida
Friend who works for the county just sent msg w/this:
==========================================
.... called me this morning and said there were dozens of sheriff's deputies, crime lab, etc all headed south this morning. Hope something/someone is breaking. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
===========================================
I'm watching WJXT news... they haven't mentioned a word about a renewed physical search

Something's up.

OR...it could be the area where the SO's gps locator was tracked?

i really don't think that this guy is at all involved.

they know where he was every minute of every day (within 20 feet).

he was no where near haleigh's home on the night in question.

he was arrested for violating curfew on a night about a week after she went missing.

the only way i can see him being involved is if someone else took her and brought her to his house. how likely is that?

LE wouldn't exclude him because the wont exclude anyone.......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back