Othram - General Discussion - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very interesting case, I've never heard of it. Thank you Othram for your hard work.

So, the daughter, Linda Rae Jacobs, kept the body of her mother, Ida Florence Jacobs in a box under her kitchen table for many years. I guess that was how strong Linda's bond with her mom was. She couldn't part with her when she died I guess. I wonder why Linda changed her age and birth date though?

Pleased to share that Othram assisted the Newton County Coroner's Office in identifying 17-year-old Keith Lavell Bibbs, who was the victim of a serial killer in 1983. Othram's role in this case was to build the DNA profile. Two prior labs attempted to build a DNA profile (without success) before the case came to Othram. Not all labs are the same so don't give up on a case just because it has previously failed testing!

Congratulations. This case always stayed with me.I always hoped he'd be given his name back.

Was wondering if you had any plans to assist in identifying the remaining five unidentified victims of John Gacy? DNA has been extracted from each of them, but there haven't been any developments in the last two years and as far as I am aware, other methods of identifying them have been exhausted, although the Cook County Sheriff's Office is still encouraging relatives of missing teenage boys and young men to submit DNA samples for comparison. Maybe constructing family trees with the DNA will bring answers? A possible half sibling(?) to victim 28 was traced a few years back but the link was not conclusive.

Congratulations. This case always stayed with me.I always hoped he'd be given his name back.

Was wondering if you had any plans to assist in identifying the remaining five unidentified victims of John Gacy? DNA has been extracted from each of them, but there haven't been any developments in the last two years and as far as I am aware, other methods of identifying them have been exhausted, although the Cook County Sheriff's Office is still encouraging relatives of missing teenage boys and young men to submit DNA samples for comparison. Maybe constructing family trees with the DNA will bring answers? A possible half sibling(?) to victim 28 was traced a few years back but the link was not conclusive.
We would love to assist if the agency wants our help!

What about Little Lord Fauntleroy?

We would love to assist if the agency wants our help!
I am 99% certain they would. Just possibly, they haven't gotten around to contacting you or thinking about your potential further avenues of identification of these five boys and young men. It would be great if you could. Given your impressive success record, I would bet you could identify most if not all of them. The CCSO email addresses are CCSO.ccspd@ccsheriff.org and CCSO.MissingPersons@CCSheriff.org

The website link is: Unidentified Victims John Wayne Gacy

Fingers crossed, and thanks for all your work!

Honored that Othram could again assist Mohave County Sheriff's Office. With generous funding from Project Grace, we were able to assist the agency in identifying 60-year-old Christopher Canning of Golden Valley, Arizona.

Honored that Othram could again assist Mohave County Sheriff's Office. With generous funding from Project Grace, we were able to assist the agency in identifying 60-year-old Christopher Canning of Golden Valley, Arizona.

That's wonderful! All three of those Golden Valley Does now identified by you and going home!<3

Good time to mentioned that if you all would like to assist, we have several cases in progress that could benefit from crowdfunding support.

Honored to share that Othram assisted the Suffolk County Police Department and the FBI in identifying 34-year-old Karen Vergata from Manhattan, NY. Karen is the earliest recorded victim of the Long Island Serial Killer, murdered in 1996.

After 26 years, Fire Island Jane Doe is Identified
Sleep well, Karen.

Here is Karen's Doe thread:

Where can I find information about finding a possible half sibling of Body 28?

Thanks @othram. For your help in an Australian case :)

"Determined to bring identity to the unknown man, the VIFM embarked on pilot program to explore the use of forensic genetic genealogy to solve several Australian cold cases, including this case. Forensic evidence was sent to Othram's laboratory in The Woodlands, Texas and Othram scientists used Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing® to develop a comprehensive DNA profile. Once Othram developed the DNA profile, it was returned to investigators, who then uploaded the profile to genealogical databases"

Thanks @othram. For your help in an Australian case :)

"Determined to bring identity to the unknown man, the VIFM embarked on pilot program to explore the use of forensic genetic genealogy to solve several Australian cold cases, including this case. Forensic evidence was sent to Othram's laboratory in The Woodlands, Texas and Othram scientists used Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing® to develop a comprehensive DNA profile. Once Othram developed the DNA profile, it was returned to investigators, who then uploaded the profile to genealogical databases"
Hoping to assist in many more.

Where can I find information about finding a possible half sibling of Body 28?
It was mentioned in the documentary series The Clown and the Candyman. You can find the eight-part series online - some podcast; some videos.

Either Jason Moran or Thomas Dart explains the likely match that they cannot definitively state because they were trying to trace other relatives. He says the victim's mother was "a bit of a rolling stone" and had married several times in life and her children had different fathers. The sister's DNA was a partial match to Body 28, and her brother was last seen entering a black Oldsmobile with a man fitting Gacy's description.

I really hope that these victims can be identified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member