Othram - General Discussion - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New case we are crowdfunding:

New case we are crowdfunding:

A semicolon tattoo has a specific meaning, often something like a survived suicide attempt or sobriety from addiction. There's a good chance this Doe had something like that in her past.

Honored to assist the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in identifying “Jane Millen Doe”, who was found murdered in a dumpster in 1988. She is now known to be 26-year-old Chong Un Kim of Hinesville, Georgia. An investigation into her murder continues.

Honored to assist the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in identifying “Jane Millen Doe”, who was found murdered in a dumpster in 1988. She is now known to be 26-year-old Chong Un Kim of Hinesville, Georgia. An investigation into her murder continues.

Wow that’s a surprising solve. I thought for a long time it was believed her remains were cremated with no DNA sample leftover

I was just looking at this Doe's thread and based on the NCMEC recon I wondered if she might be Korean!

Sleep well, Chong Un.

@othram, can you perhaps tell more about how Chong Un Kim was identified through geneaology? Since she only arrived in the US in 1981, would there have been much 'family history' to go back on?

@othram, can you perhaps tell more about how Chong Un Kim was identified through geneaology? Since she only arrived in the US in 1981, would there have been much 'family history' to go back on?
There was not, but we were able to find relatives who knew something and helped us piece the story back together.

Thank you for another ID Othram!

Rest in peace Chong Un.

Was a DNA profile retrieved off the suitcase she was found in?

Pleased to share Othram was able to assist the Marion County Coroner's Office in identifying a 2017 John Doe as Randy Carl Lee, born January 23, 1956. This work would not have been possible without support from Audiochuck. We are so grateful.

Not sure there is a Websleuths thread for this one.

Pleased to share Othram was able to assist the Marion County Coroner's Office in identifying a 2017 John Doe as Randy Carl Lee, born January 23, 1956. This work would not have been possible without support from Audiochuck. We are so grateful.

Not sure there is a Websleuths thread for this one.
Not finding a MisPer thread for Randy, or a Doe thread matching his NamUs number or date/location found.

Sleep well, Randy.

To see an identification on a bodyless Doe brings me great hope for other "hopeless" cases. One of them is Van Nuys Jane Doe 53 from the summer of 1987. Since she was discovered in LA county, her body was cremated just a month after she was found! From what I've gathered from an article, Jane Doe's DNA was taken, as well as one of her femurs. This was status quo sixteen years ago, though, but hopefully it's still kept in evidence.

Van Nuys Jane Doe 53 WS thread:

5th announced solved case in 6 days

I believe this article from March 1989 is of Clara. Othram is it possible to confirm or deny this, possibly narrowing down the date she disappeared? It seems to be of her though.

Well done and thank you Othram for another ID!

Rest in peace Clara.

Sleep well, Clara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads