Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread for this case, but here is another case announced solved today!!

DNASOLVES: After 6 years, Winnebago County John Doe is Identified

I took a look at the map and it seems he was found quite near home? Within hiking distance or so it seems. Why did it take so long to identify him? Was he reported missing?

To add to the confusion: a man with the same name, the same year of birth and also from Oshkosh died in August at the age of 71.
Roland D. Klug Obituary (1949 - 2021) | Oshkosh, Wisconsin

I took a look at the map and it seems he was found quite near home? Within hiking distance or so it seems. Why did it take so long to identify him? Was he reported missing?

6 miles away, or less.

Genetic genealogy is awesome. But lots of these cases make you wonder why it was ever necessary in the first place.

New case solved, however we could not find a Websleuths thread: Edward Evans was found in 1995 by some folks exploring the area in Northampton, NC. The NamUs ID is UP2794. After 26 years, we helped Northampton County Sheriff's Office identify him and connect him back to family.

After 26 years, Northampton John Doe (1995) is Identified

New case solved, however we could not find a Websleuths thread: Edward Evans was found in 1995 by some folks exploring the area in Northampton, NC. The NamUs ID is UP2794. After 26 years, we helped Northampton County Sheriff's Office identify him and connect him back to family.

After 26 years, Northampton John Doe (1995) is Identified

I said it on Facebook, but I have to say it again - you guys are rocking this! So many getting their names back, and their families closure this year. Thank you for all that you do!

As the year comes to a close, we want to thank all of you for the endless support this year! We are making a year-end push to fund as many outstanding cases as we can. If you want to help, share this link with your friends and colleagues:

Help a family heal for the holidays

Get ready for an even more productive 2022!

One of our team members compiled the top 10 viewed cases on DNASolves for 2021. We thought you all would appreciate this, since so many of you followed and supported these cases.

Thanks so much for everyone’s support this year. We are very excited about 2022!

Attachments

• 363A0280-D153-42F3-B10F-B83679D048D5.jpeg
    363A0280-D153-42F3-B10F-B83679D048D5.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 40
Othram..thank you for posting that!! Walker County Jane Doe identified as Sherri Jarvis was truly a highlight for me! Your lab is doing incredible things for silenced voices. I too am excited about your future 2022 discoveries!

Wow some of these surprise me, I'm surprised Evelyn Colon and Margaret Feterhoff weren't on here since they were such high profile cases

DNASolves traffic will have a little bias because of media coverage. For example, cases #1 and #4 were covered by Texas Monthly. Case #2 was covered internationally by the BBC in an article and video documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67