Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNASolves traffic will have a little bias because of media coverage. For example, cases #1 and #4 were covered by Texas Monthly. Case #2 was covered internationally by the BBC in an article and video documentary.
Ah I suppose that makes sense, I was looking at it purely from my work on wikia and previous Wikipedia work

No better way to start the new year than with a new case solve! We are pleased to have been able to support the Riverside District Attorney's Office in identifying a homicide victim from 1994. We now know her name is Patricia Cavallaro. An investigations continues into the circumstances of her death.

Not sure about a WS thread but here is our brief note: Riverside Jane Doe (1994) is now Identified

No better way to start the new year than with a new case solve! We are pleased to have been able to support the Riverside District Attorney's Office in identifying a homicide victim from 1994. We now know her name is Patricia Cavallaro. An investigations continues into the circumstances of her death.

Not sure about a WS thread but here is our brief note: Riverside Jane Doe (1994) is now Identified

Here’s a longer article.

LA County woman missing for 30 years, identified by DA's investigators

A few interesting points. At the time, “autopsy determined that she had died from homicidal violence.” So, more than just the ‘shallow grave’ aspect.

She was reported missing in 2001, and her husband said that she “just walked away and never came back.” Husband died in 2017.

The investigator makes a point of saying that “most people are killed by someone they know,” so the case couldn’t progress until they knew who she was.

Great start to the new year!
Ws thread.
Identified! - CA - Riverside, WhtFem, 65-75, UP7040, Oct'94 - Patricia Cavallaro

Have you thought about trying to assist the DNA Doe Project with their Mr. X case? I think they’ve tried to extract an led sequence DNA at least 6 times from him, but he’s proving to be a very tough nut to crack. I wonder how good Othram’s sequencing programs would be to help them get started with genealogy research

Have you thought about trying to assist the DNA Doe Project with their Mr. X case? I think they’ve tried to extract an led sequence DNA at least 6 times from him, but he’s proving to be a very tough nut to crack. I wonder how good Othram’s sequencing programs would be to help them get started with genealogy research
We would be happy to help!

I can't believe all the amazing work that has been done. The two I would most like to see identified in my lifetime would be the Lady in the dunes - I saw it mentioned here once before but never saw a follow up reply, and the Boy in the Box. He has been brought up several times and someone always says they think someone else is working on it - but each year passes, hints of big news coming, and then nothing. Looking forward to seeing what big things Othram brings to 2022!

I don’t see a WS thread but there is a Facebook page her family is managing.

This Facebook page is dedicated to finding my sister, Lois Jean Turner Ponders. She went missing July 2013!! I went down to Roswell Police Department and filed a missing persons report as soon as I heard she was missing( because her children refused to). I have worked with the detectives on several occasions to try to find some clues or someone that might have seen or talked to Jean around the timeline before she went missing.
IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL, NO MATTER HOW MINUT YOU THINK IT IS, PLEASE CALL DETECTIVE IRIS SCUDERIA AT THE ROSWELL POLICE DEPARTMENT, 770-640-4100.
Jean was born and raised in Maynardville TN. Upon graduation from Lincoln Memorial University, she moved to Chatsworth GA, purchased her home, began her teaching career, (she taught forty some years in Murray and Whitfield Counties) met and married Willie L Ponders, and together the had three children, Jason, Jonathan and Jennifer Ponders. Jean and Bill divorced after 30 some years of marriage. During that time her life began a downhill spiral!! He got her house in the divorce so she was forced to move out. After that, she lived in Dalton, Calhoun, Sandy Springs and Roswell. She was residing in Willeo Creek Community when I visited her last!
The last conversation I had with my sister, she told me she was coming to visit me next weekend. I said “Oh great, did you find your car? She replied “No I still don’t have my car (her children (possibly) had taken her car and refused to give it back to her) but a girl I met at Sandy Springs is going to Maryville TN to meet her boyfriends parents and they are gonna drop me at your house on the way. I asked who the boyfriend was and she said she didn’t know his name but he had just gotten out of prison in Chicago Illinois. I asked what he was in for and she said murder. I told her not to get in the car with him. She said she would be okay because the girl would be with her. I never heard anything else after that but I figured she had listened to me and did not come up with them. A few weeks later when I tried to call Jean, her phone was disconnected, and again I didn’t really think much about it. Jean said a family member had her phone on her account and “she threatens every week to take me off.”
I immediately thought that was what happened so I wasn’t upset about that. Her son called me a few months later and asked if his mom was at my house. I said “no I haven’t seen or heard from her in a long while”. He proceeded to tell me that had no idea where she was, they had not seen her in months. So then, the investigation began!!!! SO....PLEASE, if you know anything at all, please come forward!!

Well, we have two cases in one day to share. This is another case out of NY. We worked with Bethlehem PD and the FBI to identify a man found in 1981. It is an interesting case as NY law has changed because of this case and will now be more favorable towards efforts to identify Jane and John Does.

Bethlehem John Doe (1981) is Now Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member